Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jaime's character arc is one of my favorite aspects of the series. From general douche bag, Kingslayer and child-crippler, to being one of the most redeeming characters in the entire series based purely on character development. And I think you could see there was some goodness in him even in book 1, because he's always been the only Lannister that has ever had any empathy for Tyrion.
I always hated him in book 1. I'll look out for this on the reread. I agree with you about his arc though. I think he's my favorite character now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honorable yes, but also dumb. To add to what you said, surely I don't blame Ned. Nothing in his life could have prepared him for dealing in KL. But he regardless, he still made poor decisions and should have realized how over his head he was, or realized how bad of a position he was in. I think it was great writing, I just think Ned was an idiot and Cat was the worst. but both are wonderfully well written characters.

Arya is fun, but i just don't see how she goes back to living a normal life as a Stark girl. I dont expect her to die, but im not convinced she will just resume her expected role in society as a daughter of Winterfell and live happily ever after.

for extra fun, try a linear re-read, make things a little bit more interesting when you are reading the chapters chronologically versus how they are presented to us in the books [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that they were well written characters. I guess that's what I was trying to get at. I consider myself a smart guy and I'm 99% sure I would've died like Ned. It would've probably taken longer though. I'd've named myself King Stark, made Renly my heir and died to a shadow summoned by stannis. And I agree on Arya. She's gonna mess some people up though

How do you suggest I read the books? You mean 4 and 5 I assume

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah but are your dumb friends tragically noble, Sirken?

And yes Pat, it bothered me more on subsequent re-reads. I think I had blocked out the trauma of how absurd Jon's decisions are at the end ... thanks for reminding me!
Yeah I guess it's how you see it. Because of the chronology, by the end of them I don't even remember Ned's errors since Jon's are fresh on the mind. Sorry to remind you but it had to be done. Remember though, he's a teenager. Still not bad writing on Martin's part though. At least not yet

If Jon becomes King and lives forever it will be. I just don't think he has the guile to be a noble and effective ruler.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Preston's chats with Red Team Review aren't very good. They spend 45 minutes talking about a show-only theory that Gendry is Cercei's first child and they lied to her and told her he died but he didn't and they passed him off as Robert's bastard with Varys trying to get him sent to the wall to protect him so he can later be king. I mean seriously, you thought that was worth 45 minutes?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Fire Giant

Nothing earth shattering here, just a few interesting tidbits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIX65xDj5A

They do a good job with Lady Stoneheart. Also, the originaly Danny:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/103138.html
Old 04-05-2017, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

That's right bitches, I'm single handedly keeping this thread alive like sir gregor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0
Old 05-11-2017, 05:26 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preston's chats with Red Team Review aren't very good. They spend 45 minutes talking about a show-only theory that Gendry is Cercei's first child and they lied to her and told her he died but he didn't and they passed him off as Robert's bastard with Varys trying to get him sent to the wall to protect him so he can later be king. I mean seriously, you thought that was worth 45 minutes?
redteamreview guy (Carmine) is dumb. he's a fan of the show but has never read the books. and honestly, it's really just Preston explaining things to Carmine for a near hour.

Quote:
That's right bitches, I'm single handedly keeping this thread alive like sir gregor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0
you're the best

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-11-2017, 05:30 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Nothing earth shattering here, just a few interesting tidbits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIX65xDj5A

They do a good job with Lady Stoneheart. Also, the originaly Danny:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/103138.html
You might have mentioned her on purpose because you already know this, but Catelyn Stark was re-cast as well. they had to reshoot a bunch of the pilot after casting Emilia Clarke and Michelle Fairley for the roles of Dany & Catelyn

also, i've been reading things...

Viserion related things...

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

Oh do tell.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Oh do tell.
do you care about potential season 7 spoilers? if so, don't read this:

Word on the street is that Viserion will be killed this season, then reanimated as an ice dragon by the Night King and used as his mount.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Yep I'm up on the show spoilers. Sucks to spoil it because that will be a major oh shit moment but I'm done waiting.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Hopefully the new series spinoffs start to look like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread