Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically correct since fossils aren't bones, strictly speaking, but that doesn't mean anything practical insofar as the discussion cares. It was a question of size because of your earlier comment making fun of "giant monsters." If you deny the existence of all ancient extinct species, that's a broader claim than I understood you to be making initially.
Are you claiming that the giant 50' tall monsters didn't exist but the smaller ones did?
Old 12-14-2022, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go back farther, to something like the Permian, and you get dragonfly-like insects that were feet across instead of inches. Whether you're talking about bugs or dinos, smaller species existed as well, just the big animals get most the publicity. Joe Public doesn't care about a dinosaur the size of a turkey. We have dinosaurs the size of turkeys alive today....they're called turkeys.

Even moreso than the individual species, the (literal) rise and fall of the continental landmasses, drying and flooding cycles with changes in sea levels, increases and decreases in global atmospheric oxygen and carbon percentages and huge changes to global temperatures and climate all make for interesting study. Mt. Everest started its existence underwater--lots of limestone. Now it's uplifted higher than anything else--just took awhile. Wacky things happen when you give the Earth large enough time scales. We're just an insignificant blip, insofar as geologic time cares.

Danth
One of the most interesting courses I ever took was Historical Geology, which dealt with this sort of subject over time specifically. Geological and astronomical timescales are fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elephants and Blue Whales are easily observed and living animals actively being studied today

Dinosaurs are not
This is why I opened with how old do you think the Earth actually is.

I want to know where you draw the line when it comes to animals that existed before us.

Like, what about the remains of a wooly mammoth? What about fossilized bacteria?
Old 12-14-2022, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro if you want to marvel at chicken bones at the museum go for it. Enjoy.

Attachment 19965
chicken bones

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

after they made all the chicken nuggets, this was what they built with the leftovers.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the most interesting courses I ever took was Historical Geology, which dealt with this sort of subject over time specifically. Geological and astronomical timescales are fascinating.

This is why I opened with how old do you think the Earth actually is.

I want to know where you draw the line when it comes to animals that existed before us.

Like, what about the remains of a wooly mammoth? What about fossilized bacteria?
Giving up so soon on the existence of giant monsters in your coloring books?

Dinobirds? Like Archaeopteryx? Oh NM proven Hoax.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you claiming that the giant 50' tall monsters didn't exist but the smaller ones did?
Me? Not me. You were the one who said "giant monsters" and brought up examples of huge creatures sizes' estimated from maybe a bone or two, which specifically references claims relating to a few possible giant sauropod species.

For my part I accept the Earth has been around a long time and lots of species have come and gone, some small, some large. I regard the claims noted above relating to some specific species as dubious but other ancient species are decently well-understood. In fact I believe in them more than I believe in YOU. I do not believe the persona you exhibit on this board is entirely reflective of non-internet behavior.

Danth
Old 12-14-2022, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Me? Not me. You were the one who said "giant monsters" and brought up examples of huge creatures sizes' estimated from maybe a bone or two, which specifically references claims relating to a few possible giant sauropod species.
This is literally one the first drawings made by Owen

Attachment 19968

Quote:
For my part I accept the Earth has been around a long time and lots of species have come and gone, some small, some large. I regard the claims noted above relating to some specific species as dubious but other ancient species are decently well-understood. In fact I believe in them more than I believe in YOU. I do not believe the persona you exhibit on this board is entirely reflective of non-internet behavior.

Danth
Which Dinosaurs are well understood with an abundance of fossils having been found?

Provide some examples:

In the meantime, can you explain to me how this animal was able to mate? Thanks

Attachment 19967
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 12-14-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Attachment 19969
Old 12-14-2022, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Long penises probably.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long penises probably.
You didn't dig up that bone when you were on site?
Old 12-14-2022, 10:10 PM
Banned

I saw the clip and this Curry guy was acting like a total cunt about it though

Now is the time, if you are homeless and living in CO, make a bee line for that hotel. They had to fire the employee who asked if Curry was a guest, probably will put all their other employees through “sensitivity training”, and change the rules to never ask anyone loitering in the hotel if they are a guest

This is just like when that Starbucks asked the black guys to leave, they played the race card, and the entire Starbucks chain had to change their policy about non-paying customers loitering and became homeless drop in centers for them to do heroin at for months afterwards

It was fuckin hilarious. Homeless people in CO, now is your time! Get to that hotel, free stays in the lobby thanks to this Curry guy! Lolol
Closed Thread