Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take you more seriously when you post on your primary forum account, not this troll one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YOU don't seem to get it however, people don't see past themselves with boxing. There's plenty of us out there that don't want to box, and by keeping the boxers off the server it keeps a level playing field.

1. If you allow boxing you'll see an explosion in account sales.
2. As a by product, you'll see people PL'ing more frequently in places like Unrest/MM because they're levelling a character to sell (dicking on legit groups as we see already).
3. If you allow 2-boxing... is 3-boxing ok? 6-boxing?
4. Grouping is hard work from the mid-30s up to the late-40s, people WILL box to get around that. LFG time is classic, leave it as it is.
5. Every other EQemu server other than P99 allows boxing, feel free to enjoy those servers.

EDIT: EverQuest isn't easy, and it was never meant to be easy in the early days. Stop trying to make your own lazy life easier and play along with what the game was designed to do... as in force you to group up with others, make friends, and meet new people.

If you want easy, go and play a WoW emulator.
sorry ill clarify: im not bashing the admin, gm's, or players. and if you'd read my post, 2 boxing max not 6. primary account? I didn't even know of p99 until fippy darkpaw progression server when i was in TL and i heard them talking about it on vent at raids or while poopsocking. My bard was zyon there. On the combine my monk was vanix, i was in FoH until they fell apart in velious then WI until GoD era. back further, vanix (monk) terris thule. is that good enough? no i am not a troll. I'm simply stating that i believe 2 boxing would not be a bad thing and trust me i've seen 5/6 boxers. I've also seen people drop their boxed alts for players mains. I've said nothing negative of p99. I think its great and im pissed i waited so long to play here. The server staff is great, the game is more stable than sony had it IMO. but alas yes, i would like to box an alt, sorry i disagree, but that doesnt mean im not going to play here on an amazing server, that replicates clasic better then sony could. that good enough for u sir?
EDIT: sorry, for your #2, that happens a good bit that ive seen.. in 4/5 days of playing.
also: wow is for little kids, i dont mind grouping, in fact i would rather group. sorry fact is, is that its very hard to find ppl who are on, and most that i have grouped with send me tells when im on. and no, im not crying the game is to hard. I know it will not change and there are other reasons and i simply stated that i didnt agree, gave some reasons.
Last edited by Zyon; 03-29-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

So you've been here 5 minutes and you're demanding 2-boxing to be allowed? Wow. Re-examine point 5 before you get too heavily involved in P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know you're not bashing anyone, you're just asking for something that a lot of people don't want... and you're going to get a reaction from me every time, because its the only EQemu server (along with red) that doesn't allow it.

Try EQ Mac, try the other EQemu servers, even go back to Live and F2P there... just let the rules that have been on this server for years remain as they are, particularly as you've only just got here.

When in Rome...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Account sales were not classic, that shit would get you banned in a heartbeat.
Sold my Live account on a 3rd party website for about £100 ($150-160) around LDoN. Inevitably came back for a cameo which involved buying EQ again and setting up another sub, but account selling was more widespread than people believed.

If you allow 2-boxing, you're opening the door for the next bunch of whiners who want a full group setup...and I couldn't care less about account sales here but I don't want to see zones like Unrest/Mistmoore turn into PL perma-camp zones. If they allow it, there's a good chance it'll happen.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was in FoH until they fell apart in velious then WI until GoD era.
Lol? FoH was strong till the end of pop someone smells like a troll.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol? FoH was strong till the end of pop someone smells like a troll.
really bro? i said the combine server, RoI was #1 shortly after velious, then WI. dont make statements where you dont know what your talking about pal.

EDIT: and pals, i demanded nothing. if you read my post with any kind of logic youll see that i even said i know its not going to change, and that i simply didnt agree. I personally believe it would make the server even that much BETTER then it ALREADY is.

Edit2: sorry, but as for account selling.. I see this as the greater evil by a large margin and i see it happen all the time. It's an opening for scam artists for one, if there is an *easy* way then buying an account would trump any type of boxing for taking the easy way out. I don't care one way or the other, thats up to the server admins but use your brain, selling an account or buying one is a sure fire way to either get ripped off, end up with high level toons, who essentially dont have a clue how to play said character, and as stated, this was a banstick offense in classic. So ill just remain neutral on that and let anyone who's dumb enough to attempt this do so at their own risk i wish u the best of luck, and applaud your lazyness of not even having to powerlevel.
Last edited by Zyon; 03-29-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really bro? i said the combine server, RoI was #1 shortly after velious, then WI. dont make statements where you dont know what your talking about pal.

Who give a shit about the combine server? Move along.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sold my Live account on a 3rd party website for about £100 ($150-160) around LDoN. Inevitably came back for a cameo which involved buying EQ again and setting up another sub, but account selling was more widespread than people believed.

If you allow 2-boxing, you're opening the door for the next bunch of whiners who want a full group setup...and I couldn't care less about account sales here but I don't want to see zones like Unrest/Mistmoore turn into PL perma-camp zones. If they allow it, there's a good chance it'll happen.
My whole point as to RULES were to prevent things like:
No self power-leveling.
No camping of two separate mobs at the same time.
No selling of accounts.
All boxed accounts must be flagged as being owned by the same person. (Similar to an IP exemption.)

With rules like this, and the player petitioning against people who break them, two-boxing would be a successful and beneficial addition to this server.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who give a shit about the combine server? Move along.
wonderfull reply when you make a retarded statement, who do u think was in that foh on the combine? No furor wasnt there but many, many others were. sorry you dont know what your talking about pal, and wish to make stupid coments when i was simply saying who i was, because i can back it up, therefore no, im not a troll, and you.. dont know what your talking about. Also i dont like saying things like this but ill not sit back and have misinformation shit out by someone who tryes to make me look like something im obviously not.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My whole point as to RULES were to prevent things like:
No self power-leveling.
No camping of two separate mobs at the same time.
No selling of accounts.
All boxed accounts must be flagged as being owned by the same person. (Similar to an IP exemption.)

With rules like this, and the player petitioning against people who break them, two-boxing would be a successful and beneficial addition to this server.
Seems like a lot more work for the GMs kinda easier to just say no two boxing at all. I'd rather see velious be released in my life time then be able to do some anti-social leveling.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

ITT: Stickied Informative Server Rule becomes a RnF thread.
Closed Thread