Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Kobold

The ability to two-box would, for many people, completely and utterly remove the "requirement" for developing a support network, group of friends, etc. As it stands, even if you cannot always find a group, there is merit to making friends and lasting relationships when presented the opportunity.

Make some friends, join a guild, do a little extra exploring. Shit's classic.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

EQmac isn't a bad server and has a lot of nice people. I don't know why boxers don't try it out if they feel the need to play two classes at once.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ability to two-box would, for many people, completely and utterly remove the "requirement" for developing a support network, group of friends, etc. As it stands, even if you cannot always find a group, there is merit to making friends and lasting relationships when presented the opportunity.

Make some friends, join a guild, do a little extra exploring. Shit's classic.
K for one thing you guys are the ones blowing something way out of proportion. Also, on the servers I've played on live, boxing doesnt have anything to do with being anti social, in fact most of my friends had boxed alts as well and used them in or out of group. Now as its obviously not happening, im done. As for your arguments, theyre flimsy and have no real merrit, stating things that you cannot back up, insinuating things, and outright hating on anyone who doesnt see it your way. learn to use that brain objectively. I spoke my mind, you guys nerd raged. You should really look into things before blurting them out. Obviously the staff has its reasons and thats good enough for me.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Two Boxing is classic, and everyone who argues against it remind me of the same liberals who want to control every aspect of my life and property, such as how high I'm allowed to build an extension to my house or what not.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like a lot more work for the GMs kinda easier to just say no two boxing at all. I'd rather see velious be released in my life time then be able to do some anti-social leveling.
You do realize the DEVELOPERS and GMs/GUIDES are a separate entities right?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize the DEVELOPERS and GMs/GUIDES are a separate entities right?
I wouldn't go that far now, i'm sure a lot of them are testing.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Kobold

You incorrectly assumed I was "raging" or that I had "arguments".

I simply stated that I like the rule and offered a reason or two why. To step back a page and reiterate, they don't answer to me whatsoever, so arguing would be useless. Share your opinion, stop getting angry when people share theirs, and let the people that actually get to make the decision weigh both opinions with theirs.

Given that has already happened and the rule still stands that no boxing is allowed, I guess it's just going to have to be what it is. As also mentioned above, give the other emulators or even EQMac a shot if it's that important to you.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My whole point as to RULES were to prevent things like:
No self power-leveling.
No camping of two separate mobs at the same time.
No selling of accounts.
All boxed accounts must be flagged as being owned by the same person. (Similar to an IP exemption.)

With rules like this, and the player petitioning against people who break them, two-boxing would be a successful and beneficial addition to this server.
Sounds like a lot for the server GMs to keep on top of. What's wrong with making friends and grouping on a semi-regular basis? Or rolling a necro/mage/other solo capable class?

If you want to have your own little 1-man two character box group, you might as well be playing offline. Skyrim is good for that, I'd recommend it.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a lot for the server GMs to keep on top of. What's wrong with making friends and grouping on a semi-regular basis? Or rolling a necro/mage/other solo capable class?

If you want to have your own little 1-man two character box group, you might as well be playing offline. Skyrim is good for that, I'd recommend it.
I think GM's work around here is hardly all its cracked up to be. The reason petitions get backed up, is because the don't hire on enough people. With around 1000 players, we could easily have 15 or so guides, and that would have us with at least 1-2 on at all hours.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
is because the don't hire on enough people.
lol.
Closed Thread