Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happens to do the “right” thing when it arrests your political opponents and the wrong thing when it arrests people who vote democrat

Yea I get it
It's not blanket support of a given agency, and I generally don't like the law, but I can enjoy schadenfreude same as any fella. The people I oppose fight one another sometimes. Most of the time, though, they have been cooperating.

I don't know who is getting arrested for voting democrat, that kind of stuff won't happen until at least 2026 if republicans win in 2024
Old 08-02-2023, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not blanket support of a given agency, and I generally don't like the law, but I can enjoy schadenfreude same as any fella. The people I oppose fight one another sometimes. Most of the time, though, they have been cooperating.

I don't know who is getting arrested for voting democrat, that kind of stuff won't happen until at least 2026 if republicans win in 2024
Who does not mean for. When I say arrested who vote democrat, that doesn’t mean arrested FOR voting democrat

Dems still think certain communities are filled with perfect angels out just trying to play basketball and the racist pig cops roll up and throw them all into slave labor

That’s their take on the legal system. Almost NEVER does one admit that the system does work fairly at times, and always, just like you just did, when it’s about the arrest of a GOP member

That’s the hypocrisy
Old 08-02-2023, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve had kids tell me that they are so mad at their parent for whatever reason (usually things like not letting them hang out with a particular friend group, date a particular person, or takes their electronics away) that they plan to call CPS and lie that their parent is abusing them to try to get taken away. Of course with everything being confidential I can’t even warn the parent that CPS is going to be getting involved with them soon

So what’s stopping a kid, if that bill got passed, from not liking their parent for whatever reason, and recognizing that these shelters are a way to get away, and then just agreeing to all the other questions about gender dysphoria because they know that’s what will allow them to stay there

Kids are so naive some would be willing to have medical experiments done on them, if it means they don’t have to live with mean mom who won’t let them play Fortnite. And you just know these shelters are going to be staffed with queer counselors and clinicians just salivating at the opportunity to help another “trans” kid experience their true self

Fucking scary, I hope this bill doesn’t pass. With parental consent is bad enough, without is monstrously bad
It passed a long time ago my dude.

They called a special session after to decide if drugs were illegal. I think they said heroin is a misdemeanor.

I like it here but we're kinda retarded.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It passed a long time ago my dude.

They called a special session after to decide if drugs were illegal. I think they said heroin is a misdemeanor.

I like it here but we're kinda retarded.
You talking about the bill that lets kids run away to gov’t shelters to be experimented upon without a CPS investigation? What the hell does heroin have to do with it?
Old 08-02-2023, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We could but lets have more fun and venture forward. Shall we!

The statement you've made is an interesting perspective on the difference between persuasion and argumentation, but it may not entirely capture the essence of these concepts.

While it is true that persuasion and argumentation have distinct goals and approaches, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive, and their boundaries can be fluid in different contexts.

Persuasion is indeed a form of communication aimed at influencing someone's beliefs, attitudes, or behaviors. It seeks to create agreement or convince the other person that a particular viewpoint is valid. In persuasion, the emphasis is often on emotional appeals, credibility, and the use of various techniques to make the audience more receptive to the message.

On the other hand, argumentation is a process of presenting reasoning and evidence to support a claim or conclusion. Its primary goal is to arrive at a logical resolution to a disagreement or conflicting viewpoints. Argumentation relies on logic, evidence, and critical thinking to build a persuasive case.

While it's true that persuasive communication might try to downplay or conceal areas of disagreement, and argumentation typically addresses and resolves those conflicts directly, they can overlap. In some cases, persuasion might be used within an argumentative framework to make the case more compelling. Conversely, persuasive communication can be part of an argumentative strategy to convince the other party to accept the conclusion reached through reasoning and evidence.

In conclusion, persuasion and argumentation share similarities, but they have distinct aims and approaches. Persuasion is more about convincing someone to adopt a particular viewpoint or take a specific action, while argumentation is about resolving disagreements through reasoning and evidence. Nevertheless, they can complement each other, and both are valuable tools in various communication contexts.
Chatbot posts are cheating.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
You talking about the bill that lets kids run away to gov’t shelters to be experimented upon without a CPS investigation? What the hell does heroin have to do with it?
Our state supreme court declared drug possession laws unconstitutional I think 2 or 3 years ago.

WA be wilin out
Old 08-02-2023, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our state supreme court declared drug possession laws unconstitutional I think 2 or 3 years ago.

WA be wilin out
Meh

The majority of drug users, even hard drug users, are what’s called recreational users or functional addicts. This means they can use the drug to a point where it doesn’t ruin all their relationships or get them fired from their job or kill them

I personally have no problem with a functional user of any drug (other than the moral issue of funding the cartels), even the most hard. So I would support not trying to persecute those people

But when your drug use is a direct factor in your attacking random people, stealing to fund your drug habit, not being able to support public places remaining hygienic and instead be shitting on the streets (there is such a thing as homeless and tidy, it can exist, just usually not for hard drug users), then absolutely the legal system should force you into rehab

That’s always been my take on that
Old 08-02-2023, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Chatbot posts are cheating.
or Heaven Sent.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Botten; 08-02-2023 at 11:53 PM..
Old 08-02-2023, 11:54 PM
Banned

Persuasion is manipulation, and arguing is two people yelling over each other and not letting each other finish

3rd party Moderated debate is the best way to have a discussion about provocative issues

No chatGPT required
Old 08-03-2023, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Dems still think certain communities are filled with perfect angels out just trying to play basketball and the racist pig cops roll up and throw them all into slave labor

That’s their take on the legal system. Almost NEVER does one admit that the system does work fairly at times, and always, just like you just did, when it’s about the arrest of a GOP member

That’s the hypocrisy
Always with the two right wing political parties. You're so eager to be mad you missed the part where I said the thing you claim we never say, the system does work fairly sometimes.

Make your assumptions, and get mad about the hypocrisy in those assumptions, if you want. Seems like you're getting your takes on Democrats exclusively from angry right-wing sources. We are living in those communities you are describing from the outside.
Closed Thread