Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:15 AM
Orc

So many terrible analogies and metaphors, all from Nihilum. Stop being such scum already.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Banned

Default shiits pathetic son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will be the first to admit that every analogy in this thread is fucking terrible.

Except caveman rape. That one was A+.
Pretty much how alot of people feel about some of the current staff's methods whom say their handling wack ass shituations like this 1 the best way possible.

So in a way I guess we feel your pain Derpuable, Daily... atleast you only had to suffer reading this post.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

This entire thread is like if you left drugs on the side of the road, near the border, with a caveman. And he got a ride from his best friend / total stranger who happened to be an 18 year old blonde girl. She dropped him off at jail, which happened to have all the doors unlocked. And in a pixel-lust he defended himself to the point of ridicule because his nametag said "Supreme".

There, one final metaphor to sum up everything.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Banned

I like this thread. And for the record, I made no attempts to log smallmee in, even though his ban is unjust, because I'm not a scumbag.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 AM
Banned

It truly amazes me how far people will go in the deep end in attempt to save face. I'm convinced;they will try to justify anything at this point.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:16 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say again...a GM mistake is now an exploit?
Players moving items from their unbanned accounts is an exploit?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
taking advantage of a server error or GM mistake is absolutely considered an exploit. if Rogean changed code that allowed a plat dupe, should you be allowed to dupe because it was a GM mistake?

you guys evac'd that gear as fast as you could, and you know exactly why that was.

be happy the punishment you're getting is only what it is and not more severe.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 02-24-2014 at 04:24 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go ahead and read the first post! They didnt want to send 30 database queries to Rogean so they banned everybody instead.
i think its cute that you think Rogean deals with CSR issues.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 AM
Aviak

So with all these cheaters banned, time to try out red?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
taking advantage of a server error or GM mistake is absolutely considered an exploit. if Rogean changed code that allowed a plat dupe, should you be allowed to dupe because it was a GM mistake?

you guys evac'd that gear as fast as you could, and you know exactly why that was.

BOOM

Threads over

Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really you are equating an unbanned account to duping plat?

You 100% know that duping plat is a INGAME exploit that is obviously something that is not intended.

Accounts are banned and unbanned which is something that is not a "server error". Someone made a "mechanical error" and actually unbanned all of those accounts.

How many times have accounts been banned and then unbanned compared to the number of times that a plat exploit has appeared from a "server error"

This is not even close to being the same thing.

This is not about rebanning the people that were banned...this is about those people that were banned by association. Do you really think that the few petty items that was removed was something these players said "sure i will risk being banned because i know that this account is banned and should not be"?

You are really stretching and requiring a burden of accountability to be placed on the players for a GM mistake that is clearly something that is not beyond the norm for Project 1999.

Why not be arbitrary and at least give players caught up in this mess a chance to return items and be honest about it. Instead of simply banning them and continuing to stain the server with another poorly wrought decision that only hurts the population?
Closed Thread