Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Yaaaaaaaay I get to post in a really long annoying thread. One nice thing about this thread is that most people seemed to say everything that needed to be said already. Props to those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're attempting to get into a semantics debate over a word but missing the structure of the sentence. A donation is a gift, or contribution. It's some application of wealth to a person, cause or institution--wealth as measured by time, goods or money. In this case, it's money.

So the word "donation" itself could mean gift, which is voluntary. However, the statement clearly says "Porting FOR donation". That preposition means that the verb (Porting) will ONLY be done because of the noun (Donation). The entire structure of this statement is a phrase denoting that the porter's actions are a direct result of the donation (Or an implied donation when the service is rendered.)

Your semantic argument is focusing on just the word. Why? Did the porter come up to you and say "Donation" thirty times without any context? No? Then it's not implied that it's optional.

The only thing you could imply that's optional is the amount. Which is why the word "donation" is used, because the amount fluctuates depending on the means of the person taking advantage of the service. There are a lot of factors that can affect how much you should pay for a port (Traffic of the port area, level, money, on a CR ect)--requiring a "donation" simply makes it easier for the price to be appropriate depending on the person transported, rather than haggling for every pick up.

The fact is, donations have been used by institutions for 500+ years as a way to ask for payment on a service that can't be fixed due to a myriad number of reasons.
Excellent post that pretty much defeats the already pretty flimsy initial argument. Was more or less ignored by the OP because it so completely defeated them. Also I noticed this was a first post, excellent first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For reference, Jingleson plays a ranger... and should be allowed to feel slightly bitter. I understand the need to vent based on that.
Don't ranger hate or Chuck Norris will find you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingleson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't eat at restaurants, I prefer to cook my own meals. And I wouldn't tip anyway because they get paid a salary. Not worth the consideration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingleson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*shrug* Guess I'll be speaking to Capco and Barahir then.
You had been kicked from the guild many many pages before Kyle said something. that being said he let you off light. Since Relemis was remiss in that regard I'll make up for his shortfall.

If you do not tip at bars/restaurants then kill yourself because the world would be a better place without you.

Now since there is a lot of trolling in this thread that I had to respond to and I of course have to get my own trolling in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by susvain0362 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a painfully uncool/uninteresting person
Says the person in Belgium................
Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You had been kicked from the guild many many pages before Kyle said something.
Oh really, kicked for having a opinion that differs from the norm?

To quote Peter Griffin: "It's not about what color our skin is, but that we all practice the same religion."
Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

ITT we learn Jingleson suffers from crippling autism and delusions of grandeur.

Shine on you crazy diamond.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Oh really, kicked for having a opinion that differs from the norm?

To quote Peter Griffin: "It's not about what color our skin is, but that we all practice the same religion."
Your opinions are terrible, your conduct in this thread is terrible. You contradict yourself constantly, you call others selfish, but then clearly show how selfish you yourself actually are. You act like you are entitled to have your own opinion without people being able to tell you their opinion.

The first page or two was meh your opinion was self centered and generally small minded. The sort of thing that usually a little enlightenment can be used to address, however, the enlightenment was provided and you only went down hill from there.

Really at no point did you show anything that made you deserving of being a part of something that is bigger and better than you are as an individual.

If you are trolling meh whatever it's not that great of a troll for the amount of time you are putting into it.

If you aren't trolling then you really need to reassess yourself and a lot of your own beliefs. It's not that your opinions are different that draw flak it's that you comport yourself in a pretty shitty manner and then try to justify it and defend it as something that is beyond reproach.

It's not, what you are using to justify your opinions is flawed, which makes your opinions stupid and open to all sorts of ridicule.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Kobold

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/myopic
Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your opinions are terrible, your conduct in this thread is terrible. You contradict yourself constantly, you call others selfish, but then clearly show how selfish you yourself actually are. You act like you are entitled to have your own opinion without people being able to tell you their opinion.

The first page or two was meh your opinion was self centered and generally small minded. The sort of thing that usually a little enlightenment can be used to address, however, the enlightenment was provided and you only went down hill from there.

Really at no point did you show anything that made you deserving of being a part of something that is bigger and better than you are as an individual.

If you are trolling meh whatever it's not that great of a troll for the amount of time you are putting into it.

If you aren't trolling then you really need to reassess yourself and a lot of your own beliefs. It's not that your opinions are different that draw flak it's that you comport yourself in a pretty shitty manner and then try to justify it and defend it as something that is beyond reproach.

It's not, what you are using to justify your opinions is flawed, which makes your opinions stupid and open to all sorts of ridicule.
K, I'll find a guild that does accept me for the kind of person I am. Or I'll start my own.

Careful guys, Supremacy will kick you if you're not another mindless drone that conforms to what they consider "societal norms".
Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

lol
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
K, I'll find a guild that does accept me for the kind of person I am. Or I'll start my own.

Careful guys, Supremacy will kick you if you're not another mindless drone that conforms to what they consider "societal norms".
Yeah I'm sure we'll miss out on some real winners. Oh wait I've already started getting tells from people who are now interested in joining after reading this thread!!

Seriously reassess your life
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure we'll miss out on some real winners. Oh wait I've already started getting tells from people who are now interested in joining after reading this thread!!

Seriously reassess your life
I'd say to reassess yours, because mine is just fine the way it is.
Closed Thread