Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Been playing there for a week. So far my necro is lvl 3 because finding a white spawn that doesn't have three yellows running me over due to the pathing being so terrible is a chore. Half the yellow spawns are serious undercons(lvl 4 skele hitting me for 27, ya not okay) and all of the blues give no xp.

I killed about a dozen blue con halflings and decaying skeles and I made 1 blue tick. Not one blue bubble but 1 of those little white bars inside it. If they expect this to make the game more of a "just go party and have fun while leveling!" then they missed the mark by a mile.

Going to give it until sunday or monday to speed up and then fug it, this shit's retarded.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Seemed quicker to find mobs you need on Kunark/FoB...more even cons and yellows, though the scorp pincer quest is broken.

I think any server based around classic/Velious has potential but casual players arent going to see any Velious stuff for a month or more. People turned up dor Velious and cant get past level 20 without a serious grind - a server for the foodstamp/unemployed community.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

Nothing works on this server lol. It's 99% stock peq with every bug that comes with it. Dunno what the devs did in the insanely long beta but they sure as shit didn't fix even the most basic stuff. There's something wrong with literally everything.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seemed quicker to find mobs you need on Kunark/FoB...more even cons and yellows, though the scorp pincer quest is broken.

I think any server based around classic/Velious has potential but casual players arent going to see any Velious stuff for a month or more. People turned up dor Velious and cant get past level 20 without a serious grind - a server for the foodstamp/unemployed community.
FWIW, some people are in Velious already. One duo that I know of that's there now works a regular 40 hour a week job, doing scientific research.

We made it just a little into Runnyeye yesterday. There's one spot where you aggro 5 mobs at once, just trying to get to the second floor. There's no way around it. If not for my AE bard mez, it'd be impossible on-level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Large Rat

Server seems alot more empty in the noob areas. I rerolled and it seemed like a ghost town. Server seems to be dieing already.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server seems alot more empty in the noob areas. I rerolled and it seemed like a ghost town. Server seems to be dieing already.
Not so much dying as not expanding. It may draw the occasional player but for the most part it is not right now it seems. So even with the slow leveling, you are going to see very few people in the starter areas as they are leveling out of it.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been playing there for a week. So far my necro is lvl 3 because finding a white spawn that doesn't have three yellows running me over due to the pathing being so terrible is a chore. Half the yellow spawns are serious undercons(lvl 4 skele hitting me for 27, ya not okay) and all of the blues give no xp.

I killed about a dozen blue con halflings and decaying skeles and I made 1 blue tick. Not one blue bubble but 1 of those little white bars inside it. If they expect this to make the game more of a "just go party and have fun while leveling!" then they missed the mark by a mile.

Going to give it until sunday or monday to speed up and then fug it, this shit's retarded.
Two words. Upper Guk.

I was exping in the "hotzone" Innothule swamp. I finally moved into Uguk at level 7 and the exp was way better...blues were moving my bar. A white con in innothule swamp was barely moving my bar but a blue in upper guk moved it good...i think the hotzone exp must only be like 10-15% which is still shitty in the noob areas.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two words. Upper Guk.

I was exping in the "hotzone" Innothule swamp. I finally moved into Uguk at level 7 and the exp was way better...blues were moving my bar. A white con in innothule swamp was barely moving my bar but a blue in upper guk moved it good...i think the hotzone exp must only be like 10-15% which is still shitty in the noob areas.
And yet again, "this" stories surfaces on a P99 board lol. Not true, confirmed. XP Rate may have been like that on day one but servers far past whining about XP and onto fixing the things needed to progress through the server. Which is about everything lol.. but the productive input has gone up sevenfold since the P99 trolls left and XP isnt the only complaint out of everyones mouth.

The whole "this is something different, so it will be easier. Turns out it's not easier, it's inferior" mindset is /yawn. P99 was better off @ 2 weeks in right? Oh, wait..

The more people cry in this thread while Sleeper pop does just fine, the more I cement my choice in staying there. If day 1 was your only exposure, I could understand the troll mentality that occurs. But it's 2 weeks later now and you are still complaining about fouls not being called in the first minute of the first quarter.

Or you could listen to Tyrion, who spent his time trying to steal game of thrones names, bitched about XP rates for 2 days and left the server. Only to come back 2 weeks later when everyone's leveled out of noob zones to call the server dead. That's the soldier fighting for your side bros.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dafuq is your sig bro
Old 04-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

bout to call it quits on this server. I wanted it to work i really did but I am out of stuff to do. I can't go to the dungeons and group for hours and this server seems to not be geared towards a casual player who wants to do outdoors. I am in NRO right now and there is maybe 2 spiders to be seen. A occasional scarab. Where are all the mobs? Ok so maybe i will try oasis. There are hardly any crocs and they are KOS. If i didn't work fulltime/married maybe this would be the server for me as I could go join a dungeon group for hours but that isn't the way i can play so I guess this isn't the server for me. Sucks because I was getting that nostalgic feeling back but come on. I did oasis for 4 hours last night in a full group on yellows and reds and because it is not a hotzone I made 40% xp at lvl 12.
Closed Thread