Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order for the devs to "track it", they would have to install some creepy spyware which monitors any app that reads from the log file. Messing with files outside of the EQ exe would be VERY different from what they currently do.

I think it's more likely they'd disable/delay logging somehow, or disable /loc ... but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that either.
however they do what they do i don't have but a small clue, and don't care about their methods. i seriously don't think this app will last because maps have been removed, deru's quote, and tool dependency.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order for the devs to "track it", they would have to install some creepy spyware which monitors any app that reads from the log file. Messing with files outside of the EQ exe would be VERY different from what they currently do.

I think it's more likely they'd disable/delay logging somehow, or disable /loc ... but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that either.
ooo u dont know bout the .dll huh
ur in for a rude awakening
Old 05-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL that guys is in for a treat hehehhehehehe
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

you know its bad when the only people against unclassic maps is people from red. chewie fighting a battle with multiple fronts. i fear for his life but at least hell die a martar.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know its bad when the only people against unclassic maps is people from red. chewie fighting a battle with multiple fronts. i fear for his life but at least hell die a martar.
pure blue blood here my friend.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what this means. Do the devs patch the EQ code (including some dlls)? Sure. Can they run any code they want from in there? Most likely.

Is there a giant difference between patching a game to make it work more classically and installing code that monitors your system outside the confines of the game? Obviously, and that's why it's more likely that IF they were to "fix" this non-problem, they would take an approach that involves manipulating the game (eg. delaying log output) rather than playing NSA.

But if the devs want to ban log parsing after it's been a part of EQ for over 15 years, it's their world, we just play in it. /shrug
Last edited by loramin; 05-08-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm late to the party on all the details of said program. When you say that it shows you the /loc of your friends, what does that mean exactly? People on your in game friends list? Do they have to give you some form of consent to be on the list? Is it a 3rd party program that all have to be connected to to be considered as friends?
It only works for whomever is hooked into Tristantio's program and the info is only as good as their manually updating their loc information.

Quote:
One would think there'd be some sort of "don't upload my location" option ...
There is: don't loc.
Last edited by myriverse; 05-09-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only works for whomever is hooked into Tristantio's program and the info is only as good as their manually updating their loc information.

There is: don't loc.
You can also just loop the sync-url back to itself (so you sync only with your own app) and not with another friend or central server:
Code:
(setf *sync-url* "http://localhost:4444")
Will make syncing inactive (essentially)
Old 05-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hax
Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Kobold

So I am trying to get this to run and for some reason when I load the .bat it throws an error in the cmd prompt and the page it loads in firefox gives a 404 not found message

Sifted through quite a few pages and couldn't find anything pointing to troubleshooting these issues
Closed Thread