Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Amelinda, a couple things.

1- i DO play on this joke of a server, just because I don't have time to play 12 hours a day like most people doesn't mean I dont at all.
2- although i'm way too lazy to make searyx-esque tl;dr posts, the point behind my two posts in this thread stands. a "global ooc" guild removes a huge portion of whats helpful about global ooc. Let's say random newbie 005 sees red 99 on the server list, thinks it looks cool, and makes a toon. Great! Now they are a level 1 elf in empty gfay, with no one to talk to and no resources wrt to the server. Unless people are auto-joining this guild, it doesn't really solve the problem at all. In general, anyone who is active on the forums/irc will find people to play with regardless. However, i would venture to say that a large portion of new players/people trying out the server aren't active on the forums. Thus, not only do they not have people to play with, but they also know literally nothing about this guild.

Happy?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Kobold

also unban me from irc good lord
Old 03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lululalana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda, a couple things.

1- i DO play on this joke of a server, just because I don't have time to play 12 hours a day like most people doesn't mean I dont at all.
2- although i'm way too lazy to make searyx-esque tl;dr posts, the point behind my two posts in this thread stands. a "global ooc" guild removes a huge portion of whats helpful about global ooc. Let's say random newbie 005 sees red 99 on the server list, thinks it looks cool, and makes a toon. Great! Now they are a level 1 elf in empty gfay, with no one to talk to and no resources wrt to the server. Unless people are auto-joining this guild, it doesn't really solve the problem at all. In general, anyone who is active on the forums/irc will find people to play with regardless. However, i would venture to say that a large portion of new players/people trying out the server aren't active on the forums. Thus, not only do they not have people to play with, but they also know literally nothing about this guild.

Happy?
This is literally the most articulate thing i have ever seen Prince post.

You people are missing a very important point here: I am not a server admin. I do not have access to turn on global OOC. Even if I do have access to turn it on...I don't have permission to turn it on. This server is owned by Rogean. Nilbog is another Admin. I am not.

I am here day after day, busting my ass to help the players, to take care of shit for the server and trying to help encourage people to play. I called Sirken and sweet talked him into coming back. I go to rogean over and over to get answers. I take care of getting rid of RMTers etc. have spent hours with nilbog pulling trade logs. I do my best and then all some of you can do is sit there on your high horses and cry a fucking river because "Amelinda won't turn on global OOC" "GM's don't care" or whatever else.

When you make posts talking shit about me or lack of GM attention it is Quite honestly a big fat slap in the face and is very insulting to me and the time i spend GMing here. It is insulting to Sirken and the time he spends guiding here.

I feel very similarly when a select few of you march your sillyness into IRC and start talking shit about me. It's insulting, uncalled for and it's doubtful i'm going to tolerate it anymore.

SO prince: To answer your post...
I have no way to make them auto-join this guild. I updated the MOTD so it's there when they sign in. I have no way to do more than i've done.

either say thank you or keep silent. but don't fucking criticize me for doing my best to meet people halfway until I can get in touch with Rogean.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

you do rock tho amelinda dont let these trolls get you down.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Amelinda is awesome. I think she is in a crappy situation because Rogean does not seem to give a fuck atm and he has the drivers keys.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda is awesome.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Chat filters for global ooc wont fix the disadvantage you put yourself at by turning it off.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Players ask for retarded shit and they get a compromise that makes sense logically, then trolls cry about it.
Logical compromise? Dude it's a terrible idea lol. Fortunately for me I stopped playing because D3 will be out soon.
Last edited by Haul; 03-22-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Amelinda

See if devs can code it so any level 1 new character automatically is guilded in GLOBAL OOC< will help.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logical compromise? Dude it's a terrible idea lol. Fortunately for me I stopped playing because D3 will be out soon.
Or, you got banned.
Closed Thread