Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merge green with world of warcraft
Old 12-29-2019, 01:11 PM
Kobold

What makes people sure the owner of P99 won't just pull the plugs after green/teal have run their course?

They will have fully accomplished their goal and I wouldn't blame them for wanting to move onto more interesting projects after so much time dedicated to this wonderful museum.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

They have said time and again they will never wipe a server, and they never have.

Creating an automatic cycle of Green servers was the point of Project 1999. After Green, there will be another Green, over and over, as long as donations sustain it.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staffs current plan is to merge with Blue at the end of Velious and restart Green. But what about us who choose to keep playing the characters we spent all that time on? They are dumped into the trashheap that is Blue; Inflation is through the roof, economy ruined, everyone's twinked as hell and the early game is dead...Have fun! Really?

I could go on and on but my point is, sending us to Blue will make our characters worthless. Please consider a new server for Green transfers. Blue was the beta phase for P1999 and there is no reason to ever go back.
I’m sure if you’re willing to pay to keep the server up they’ll consider it
Old 12-30-2019, 08:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure if you’re willing to pay to keep the server up they’ll consider it
I actually do own a server with a lot of left over resource usage, so I wouldn't mind.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

I say we get individual servers so your experience is never tarnished by another player.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Kobold

i agree with you on the merging to blue part but not your argument about the economy for the simple fact that green/teal will have the EXACT same economy eventually as well, the same douchbags that ruined blues economy will and have already started ruining the new servers economy, just look at some of the prices these ppl are asking for easy to get items already.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been reading the forums daily for the last 3 weeks or so. Nothing but a bunch of 50 year olds complaining about multiple aspects that don't specifically tailor to their needs with no reasonable argument as to why it should change.

Here is your non-PC statement for the day: STFU and enjoy the free server that the staff have put nothing but volunteered time into over the last 10 years. If you don't like it, move on, it really is that simple.
Well said!

Its amusing players invested in green/teal want blue to die, so their own wealth/stuff generated from green/teal is saved for future with no competition of blue.

And players invested in blue want blue merged with green/teal so they keep their wealth/stuff and they get bigger community.

Both is greed/fear of loosing stuff.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with you on the merging to blue part but not your argument about the economy for the simple fact that green/teal will have the EXACT same economy eventually as well, the same douchbags that ruined blues economy will and have already started ruining the new servers economy, just look at some of the prices these ppl are asking for easy to get items already.
So what's the argument against merging if not the economy?
Closed Thread