Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

AA's would be good if there was a relatively small cap on how many you could get - in other words you had to pick and choose which things you wanted. Throw in the option to pay 10000pp at your guild master to erase your AA's and start over and you even have a decent money sink to help the economy.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 AM
Aviak

So you can have a life and really checking prices average wihle buying or selling stuff ? You right thats really really bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I remeber i was still bartering in Bazar about prices it needed a bit longer most time because the others where afk often but it worked out.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe depends on the server? But I know bartering was still strong up until pop. Thing was, it still did take effort to get to the bazaar, and so people stuck around. The nexus was always packed with people selling stuff. But when the pok books appeared, that was the end of that since most people stuck around 10 minutes if that.

I liked the new character graphics. Liked the old, too. But maybe less the new "character" graphics, but the armor being good. Animations seemed smoother too.

AA's were good, just poorly implemented. Too many AA points and being just another thing to grind.

The rest pretty much sucked, apart from maybe shadowhaven and a couple connecting zones.

While SoL was bad, it could have gotten better, but didn't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] only more progressively worse from that point on.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Aviak

Nexus would be fine if it was added, and kept, with the original downtime of 30 minutes in between ports instead of 5 minutes or whatever it was changed to. People would still seek out player ports because waiting that long would annoy the hell out of them and would be used as a last resort. Just like boats. Keep bazaar shut down permanently.

PoP fix is easy. Books go 1 way, all town stones stones inactive except Nexus.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

4 pages and zero tags, omg

AA's = infinite treadmill, but the same is true of raiding for more gear. I wonder why people find an infinite treadmill for better gear fun, while an infinite treadmill for better stats/attributes/etc is so evil.

I find the opposite to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Aviak

EC Tunnel sucks hard. It's just the same spam for over priced stuff over and over again. Whoopde-freakin-doo. Give me the bazaar any day. Luclin changed that game, but PoP and raid-focused play is what killed it.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

Ssra Temple is one of the best designed levels in any game I've ever played. Bazaar was great. The new graphics and the nexus sucked though.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Aviak

Started playing shortly after Luclin came out, played a wizard from then until EQ2 came out. I was bothered for ports every day I logged on....every day. So while it seemed to some of you that there was less player interaction due to spires and pok, there wasn't from my perspective.

During pok I was one of a handful of GM tailors (on my server) that were making elemental gear, yes I used the bazaar trader function to sell but I was sent tells by people looking for a good deal just as much as I had people just come and buy from me for the price I set.

EQ was still a group centric game when SoL and PoP came out, those expansions didn't change that.

AAs where an awesome way to increase your character strength after hitting maz level and gave you a reason to get online and get a group, the problem with them was when they became a barrier for raiding.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyholiday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was still a group centric game when SoL and PoP came out, those expansions didn't change that.
It absolutely changed that! It perhaps didn't completely kill it, but it absolutely 100% changed the group centric" element of the game!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyholiday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AAs ... gave you a reason to get online and get a group
Implying that one NEEDS something to progress to have a reason to log on.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Closed Thread