Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah welfare recipients and unemployment recipients should be drug tested and required to seek a job regularly having to prove so. Its crazy, I was getting 345 dollars a week on unemployment in new york, for 13 and a half months. I even got a phat tax return on it, that government cheese.
Yea it will be so much better to get these drug addicts desperate and on the street. Its not like that's going to just create a crime/prison problem that costs way more then the $200 (max) a month in food.
Fuckin republicans... "whose going to pay for it?" You're paying for it right now jackass. That hardline bullshit has always been much less cost effective then just then just throwing a few nickles at the problem in the first place.
90% of the budget is not food stamps or foreign aid. Its Medicare, Medicaid, and the Military. Act accordingly.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it will be so much better to get these drug addicts desperate and on the street. Its not like that's going to just create a crime/prison problem that costs way more then the $200 (max) a month in food.
Fuckin republicans... "whose going to pay for it?" You're paying for it right now jackass. That hardline bullshit has always been much less cost effective then just then just throwing a few nickles at the problem in the first place.
90% of the budget is not food stamps or foreign aid. Its Medicare, Medicaid, and the Military. Act accordingly.
Strongly agree with this. American society has this strong vindictive streak that wants to punish people even if it costs a shitload of time and money for everyone involved. I don't care about justice; I'm mostly a pragmatist.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
System isn't really broken for I don't have to work for my food when I buy steak with my food stamp card.

You mad broz

Jelly
And this is YET ANOTHER THING that "Maureen Taylor" of the Michigan Welfare Rights Organization is against; ANY KIND OF FOOD-RELATED REGULATION OF **FOOD** STAMPS.

But...that's corporate-owned America for you, and that's why it'll never change. Around here all the McDonald's and Burger King's accept BENEFIT cards, yet the FAR healthier Subway doesn't.

Go figure, huh?

It's all intended to kill off feeders at as young an age as possible.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Kobold

Perhaps I should say "now HAVE BEEN APPROVED" not neccessarily "now ACEEPT" the cards
Old 06-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

being at the bottom of the barrel in any society fucking sucks and always has

try really hard not to be
Old 06-08-2013, 03:52 AM
Kobold

Restaurants cannot take SNAP cards. Subway is not healthy food.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Banned

Its true subway is not healthy food. They say eat fresh, not healthy. Big macs are fresh too!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Restaurants cannot take SNAP cards. Subway is not healthy food.
Nothing stopping recipients from taking cash off their card to buy drugs, alcohol, non essentials.
Government has no obligation to provide for such delinquents. They can rot on the street for all I care, and if they decide to turn to a life of crime instead of using the many resources available to help them well I've always got my right to bear arms to fall back on. I'm poor and I work for my food. I was on unemployment and boy did it feel shitty, almost as if I was sub human. Sure free money is awesome but so is cashing your check at the end of the week. Complain that minimum wages aren't enough to live off of? Go to college, us government pays for you to get a bachelors degree through grants which I'm sure 90% of of welfare recipients are more than eligible for.

Vote for change and that's what you're left with in yout pocket.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 06-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison'sNewName [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unemployment isn't free money. You pay into it.

You can't go on unemployment without having been employed.
Yeah I was just comparing how it felt to being on welfare mainly.

Accepting governmemt benefits for welfare probably feels just as degrading as it felt when I was on unemployment. Either way its a broken system full of scammers who ARE lazy, if you want to call it mental illness go ahead but I don't buy it.

There is rarely an excuse for being too poor to survive in america, I've found.
If you work hard and spend your money intelligently then even minimuk wage is enough to survive on. Sure, you may need to get a 2nd job but that's what happens when you aren't educated and don't care enough to take advantage of OTHER government benefits which provide job training and money for your first bachelors degree.

Shit I slaved away delivering to mcdonalds for 3 years just to get a car so I can drive to college classes paid for by the US government so I wouldn't end up like these lazy fucks on welfare that I used to ring up as a 16 yr old grocery store cashier.

Get a fucking job or rot in poverty. The choice for me was simple as fuck.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread