Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

The last time I reported a person who boxed, AND ADMITTED IN GROUP that he was logging on his other char to loot, I was told to petition on the forums. No replies yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

I've heard that the main way they catch boxxers is from them doing to from the same computer. That's the smoking gun where Braknar teliports in like a Russian freedom fighter screaming DO NOT LOG OFF THIS IS A BOXING TEST and then proceeds to Death Touche and banish the account(s) into P99 hell.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last time I reported a person who boxed, AND ADMITTED IN GROUP that he was logging on his other char to loot, I was told to petition on the forums. No replies yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, I'm no expert, but I thought the forum was reserved for things that can't be handled in-game (eg. lost item requests). I've always heard of 2-boxing reports happening through /petition.

Maybe this was when Sirken was out and they were short-staffed, so that was their way of admitting that they had other stuff to deal with and they'd try to look later?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Back in 2012-2013 on two occasions I personally watched as I /petition 'd boxers and GM's showed up and took care of it within an hour.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Sirken was the one who told me to report via forums :P
Old 01-23-2019, 09:53 PM
Large Bat

I would hope they get banned because my wife and I just downloaded the game this afternoon and hoped to play tonight. Got the kids to bed, poured some drinks and got ready to relive some classic eq and one of us gets a temporary IP ban error message. Now im searching the forums to find out that i have to request an ip exemption? So pretty much the night is ruined. Sad times :/
Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken was the one who told me to report via forums :P
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebreadd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would hope they get banned because my wife and I just downloaded the game this afternoon and hoped to play tonight. Got the kids to bed, poured some drinks and got ready to relive some classic eq and one of us gets a temporary IP ban error message. Now im searching the forums to find out that i have to request an ip exemption? So pretty much the night is ruined. Sad times :/
Depending on how technically apt you are there are ways (eg. VPN, using your cellphone's network) to get around the ban and, as long as you have two humans in front of the boxes, it's not against the rules.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on how technically apt you are there are ways (eg. VPN, using your cellphone's network) to get around the ban and, as long as you have two humans in front of the boxes, it's not against the rules.
I've been meaning to get a vpn for quite some time. Just disappointed with this unexpected road block. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebreadd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been meaning to get a vpn for quite some time. Just disappointed with this unexpected road block. Thanks for the suggestions though.
NP. I started using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ for bit torrent awhile ago and they seem pretty good. They're a little more expensive than they used to be, but still aren't bad at $3.33/month (if you buy a year).

Old 01-23-2019, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red wouldn't have raids without people 6 boxing.

Hope this info helps you.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread