Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Easy fix in the spirit of the classic experience. People at a camp need to make room and share the camp worth people until the group fills up. Then people can list to join the group when spots open up.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the point of farming named mobs, if elves can be strong armed into losing the camp because it’s random MuHHHh Gatorlegs turn!!!?

**l Put the SK on the shelf to play NEC with my friend.
Lol so right. So first of all, if the item isn't no drop, I feel for you but you can just buy it. Anyone can farm bone chips or ice giant toes for money. If I'm camping the TBB for example, my camp is done when I say it's done, whether it's because I'm going offline or have no more room in my backpacks. I need five belts so I can sell them and buy an FBSS, which is totally my business and also legit.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

This thread:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guys, it was a quote from a GM who doesn't even volunteer here anymore, on a page with giant red letters at the top saying "not in any way official or endorsed by Project 1999 staff, and comes with no guarantees".

But at the same time, this is not your server. You have absolutely no inherent right to sit anywhere and camp any mob for any extended period of time. Whether you're farming PoM Thrones or bone chips it doesn't matter: if there is a scarce resource, and two people are competing for it, the staff is going to make them share.

You can elf lawyer the details of that sharing in a forum thread all you want, but it won't change the core fact that it's the staff's server, not your's, and the staff wants people to share.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

For once I agree with Lulz. You can't just roll all camps into the same player-agreement/player-held list camps like Ancient Cyclops. If somebody wants to hold a camp like croc, Ass/Sup, or whatever, they have every right to do so. While that is unfortunate for those that want to do the same thing, that is too bad--welcome to EQ.

The entire game-aspect point of EQ is to collect crap to sell and then acquire more crap to give to your alts so they can blast their way back to the same damn camp and do it all again. Expecting someone to give up their camp just because someone else wants it is silly. That is like some PUG jackass declaring NBG on a FBSS or T-Staff.

Suck it up and move on. If you want that trivial camp bad enough, camp out, play an alt and wait for that person to leave.

Sheesh.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy fix in the spirit of the classic experience. People at a camp need to make room and share the camp worth people until the group fills up. Then people can list to join the group when spots open up.
As per article 45.75 section c6 - I know I've caused you nothing but headaches in the past by constantly messaging you asking when you're gonna be done or petitioning this camp for no reason - but now you must invite me to your group. Thanks!! See you again when it drops and I ninja it
Old 05-19-2020, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Canelek Lore items can only be looted once per toon(unless they corpse it, or have friend run down and loot). By p99 rules though your more then allowed to camp items until you get it. But by p99 rules if someone wants said camp and you got item already, they can petition you 2 leave(As long as there isnt a for sure list). You may not agree with it. But its how admins wanted it. Its their server.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-19-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad idea. I too get somewhat annoyed when I'm LFG and people don't want to add more people to their group, but forcing them to do so is dumb and would only create an endless stream of petitions.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Canelek Lore items can only be looted once per toon(unless they corpse it, or have friend run down and loot). By p99 rules though your more then allowed to camp items until you get it. But by p99 rules if someone wants said camp and you got item already, they can petition you 2 leave(As long as there isnt a for sure list). You may not agree with it. But its how admins wanted it. Its their server.
Lore items, absolutely. I agree that the camp should pass on to the next person, whether it is the choice of original camper or player-agreed list. Corpsing should always be disallowed (re: fungi, AC ring).

I was referring to non-lore item camps like Gatorscale Leggings and TBB.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

Cool

inb4 Loramin forum dunked by senior elven mgmt (again)
Old 05-19-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For once I agree with Lulz. You can't just roll all camps into the same player-agreement/player-held list camps like Ancient Cyclops. If somebody wants to hold a camp like croc, Ass/Sup, or whatever, they have every right to do so. While that is unfortunate for those that want to do the same thing, that is too bad--welcome to EQ.

The entire game-aspect point of EQ is to collect crap to sell and then acquire more crap to give to your alts so they can blast their way back to the same damn camp and do it all again. Expecting someone to give up their camp just because someone else wants it is silly. That is like some PUG jackass declaring NBG on a FBSS or T-Staff.

Suck it up and move on. If you want that trivial camp bad enough, camp out, play an alt and wait for that person to leave.

Sheesh.
Nah, the game is about creating personas, then exploring those personas' character by putting them into different situations.
Closed Thread