Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No argument from me there, but the road is long. Aside from leveling up to 60, you have the most gear dependent class in the game, and most of the gear you need is difficult to get without joining TMO.

I spent 1 million pp just getting weapons.
Easy fix, break up with gf, join TMO, batphone for a month, leave tmo, and then join the guild that you wanted to join in the first place. Find new girlfriend.
Last edited by fishingme; 09-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: forgot the last step...
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not really going to be a very successful soloer if you're meleeing, unless you're twinked to the gills. Even people who point to monk may be thinking of a pretty severely twinked monk.
I played an untwinked Monk from Qeynos up to my current level of 49. Soloed 99% of the time with zero downtime unless you consider binding wound downtime.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No argument from me there, but the road is long. Aside from leveling up to 60, you have the most gear dependent class in the game, and most of the gear you need is difficult to get without joining TMO.

I spent 1 million pp just getting weapons.
I think there are a few guilds around capable of doing the warrior epic. A couple pieces like the green scale and spiroc wingblade can be bought/MQd. And cobalt is overrated ).
Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there are a few guilds around capable of doing the warrior epic. A couple pieces like the green scale and spiroc wingblade can be bought/MQd. And cobalt is overrated ).
Green scales are 400k and even if you can afford those the epic isn't enough; you really need a good proccing offhand. I'm sure you can get by without the cobalt bp/greaves and the crown of rile (certainly my iksar warrior manges) but they seem like a pretty decent upgrade to me.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Green scales are 400k and even if you can afford those the epic isn't enough; you really need a good proccing offhand. I'm sure you can get by without the cobalt bp/greaves and the crown of rile (certainly my iksar warrior manges) but they seem like a pretty decent upgrade to me.

Wow didnt know green scales had jumped up so much. Why does one need a proccing offhand?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by susvain0362 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors are boring. Auto attack and taunt? And the occasional kick? dont do it. Everyones so twinked and they dont give you time to get aggro they just go all out right away.

I have a 32 paladin and its the greatest tank ever.
Warriors are so much more than that.

and paladins....well everquest would be better off if they were never implemented

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow didnt know green scales had jumped up so much. Why does one need a proccing offhand?
Well in my opinion threat generation is the achilles heel of the warrior class and anything you can do to improve it will yield large dividends. My sperglord calculator suggests that Sakuragi's epic/shissar combo is 80 hate/sec, while the epic/epic is 67 hate/sec - a huge 20% improvement.

And arguably the difference is even larger because your threat is much more consistent. Spell hate is so much higher than melee hate that the enchanter/shaman/wizard are quite restricted until you manage a proc. With max dexterity and two proccing weapons, there is a 50% chance you'll get a proc within 11 seconds. Without the offhand proc, that becomes 17 seconds. For 90% the numbers are 37 seconds and 56 seconds. Your worst case is a lot worse.

Now to some extent this applies more to XP group/trash mob situations because you can always blow mallets. But Velious will make the mallets a lot less effective again. So anyway, obviously you can survive as a warrior without a proccing offhand. But I think it makes you considerably less effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susvain0362
Warriors are boring.
As someone who mains an enchanter I find warriors surprisingly fun. I think I'd like paladins even more, but unfortunately they just aren't viable raid tanks.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Kobold

It doesn't get any better with the rogue as far as LFG goes. I log in just about every night sitting LFG, running around advertising it. The only groups I get into are guild groups. It's not that rogues aren't good for groups. It's just that there is so damn many of them. And they are all running around with their epic.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Well in my opinion threat generation is the achilles heel of the warrior class and anything you can do to improve it will yield large dividends. My sperglord calculator suggests that Sakuragi's epic/shissar combo is 80 hate/sec, while the epic/epic is 67 hate/sec - a huge 20% improvement.

And arguably the difference is even larger because your threat is much more consistent. Spell hate is so much higher than melee hate that the enchanter/shaman/wizard are quite restricted until you manage a proc. With max dexterity and two proccing weapons, there is a 50% chance you'll get a proc within 11 seconds. Without the offhand proc, that becomes 17 seconds. For 90% the numbers are 37 seconds and 56 seconds. Your worst case is a lot worse.

Now to some extent this applies more to XP group/trash mob situations because you can always blow mallets. But Velious will make the mallets a lot less effective again. So anyway, obviously you can survive as a warrior without a proccing offhand. But I think it makes you considerably less effective.

As someone who mains an enchanter I find warriors surprisingly fun. I think I'd like paladins even more, but unfortunately they just aren't viable raid tanks.
Yea I get what you are saying and I dont disagree with the numbers but for practical purposes I have not experienced it making much of a difference. At 60 if you are doing small group camps (shaman/war duo, cleric war duo, chanter/cleric/war) or some other variant I've never run into agro issues. If you toss a rogue in there that likes to bs before you tag a mob and fails to evade before a proc then yea it can be frustrating. But there usually isnt a rush to kill phs and for named you can just use a mallet charge or a net.

In raids I can agree you will shave off potentially several seconds per trash mob before the assist call which can result in saving a few minutes clear time for the planes. But again on burn targets your securing agro through clickies. And if your dps take a hit or two on trash from jumping the assist call it gives those druid patch healers something to do ).

Min/man best agro agreed. Imo its more of a nice to have then required though.

And like you said in velious things will change when fights become more about sustained threat than burn.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yea I get what you are saying and I dont disagree with the numbers but for practical purposes I have not experienced it making much of a difference. At 60 if you are doing small group camps (shaman/war duo, cleric war duo, chanter/cleric/war) or some other variant I've never run into agro issues. If you toss a rogue in there that likes to bs before you tag a mob and fails to evade before a proc then yea it can be frustrating. But there usually isnt a rush to kill phs and for named you can just use a mallet charge or a net.
Thats more of a bad dps issue than a warrior issue. If a wizard/rogue/whatever throws there biggest attack out when the mob is at 98% your gonna get agro and to bitch at the warrior for it is stupid...

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread