Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob).
I know this is a derail, so I apologize for that, however I feel that this statement begs some questions.

With all due respect, I believe this statement is an inaccurate reflection of current P99 rules as implemented by Rogean. I would like to open a discussion (however brief or extensive) on the topic to understand more properly these rules. I would, of course, love for Rogean or Nilbog to weigh in.

With that said, I believe the current state of P99 rules regarding unlocked corpses is that it is unlawful to loot any mob (raid or lay) that you either did not kill yourself (individually or as participant in a raid/group) or have not been granted explicit permission to loot.

I believe this is the case as discussed in my posts here:

Initial reasoning: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=19
On Ninja Looting: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...1&postcount=44
Why Rogean's statements do not differentiate between raids and individuals; only ownership (individually or collectively) of a mob's corpse matters: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...5&postcount=73 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...8&postcount=41

It seems to me that because ninja looting is an individual offense, and because Rogean rebuts the idea that raids and individual offenses are different, that looting any mob to which you do not already own or have been granted the rights to is wrong.

If we allow corpse unlocking to absolve any concept of ninja looting, the concept begins to lose any and all meaning. What if I kill the paw buster and I tell my friend to come loot the pipe only to have the corpse unlock before he gets there? If a random monk comes by and loots it, does he have no culpability because the corpse unlocked?

I believe that would not only be bad policy, but that it is not the state of the rules on P99. In all of this, there is an argument that one can cede their loot rights to a mob by their behavior (such as running away or camping), but this is a possible exception to the general rule. To investigate this exception will require a case by case analysis and a factual inquiry into the specific circumstances. Yes, it is obviously smart to lock a corpse you mean to preserve, but that is not the issue. We are talking about the ownership of loot rights. This is an open question to the community, and I believe we would prosper greatly from a final and authoritative explanation.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Xasten it should not be news to you that the rules change on this server depending on which gm responds.

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is a derail, so I apologize for that, however I feel that this statement begs some questions.

With all due respect, I believe this statement is an inaccurate reflection of current P99 rules as implemented by Rogean. I would like to open a discussion (however brief or extensive) on the topic to understand more properly these rules. I would, of course, love for Rogean or Nilbog to weigh in.

With that said, I believe the current state of P99 rules regarding unlocked corpses is that it is unlawful to loot any mob (raid or lay) that you either did not kill yourself (individually or as participant in a raid/group) or have not been granted explicit permission to loot.

Why Rogean's statements do not differentiate between raids and individuals; only ownership (individually or collectively) of a mob's corpse matters: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...5&postcount=73 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...8&postcount=41

It seems to me that because ninja looting is an individual offense, and because Rogean rebuts the idea that raids and individual offenses are different, that looting any mob to which you do not already own or have been granted the rights to is wrong.

If we allow corpse unlocking to absolve any concept of ninja looting, the concept begins to lose any and all meaning. What if I kill the paw buster and I tell my friend to come loot the pipe only to have the corpse unlock before he gets there? If a random monk comes by and loots it, does he have no culpability because the corpse unlocked?

I believe that would not only be bad policy, but that it is not the state of the rules on P99. In all of this, there is an argument that one can cede their loot rights to a mob by their behavior (such as running away or camping), but this is a possible exception to the general rule. To investigate this exception will require a case by case analysis and a factual inquiry into the specific circumstances. Yes, it is obviously smart to lock a corpse you mean to preserve, but that is not the issue. We are talking about the ownership of loot rights. This is an open question to the community, and I believe we would prosper greatly from a final and authoritative explanation.
Well said, and in many cases very accurate. What I said was more of an off-the-cuff remark (which I now regret, and will edit my post to reflect) than an enforceable rule.

We certainly investigate any and all instances of ninja looting, however trivial. That said, there are many occasions where nothing is done. A great example is someone who camps the AC, and then logs to an alt to loot it. If someone came along and looted the ring in the interim, we likely wouldn't discipline anyone.

Now obviously you can't just leave it at that either, every scenario is unique and investigated as such.

More importantly, just have someone lock the corpse to prevent it in the first place [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Ephi; 11-27-2012 at 12:24 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

I remember the days I was farming at seafury island... it was such a shitstorm even before the corrupted seafuries and quag was walking around.

I can't even imagine how ridiculous it is now with shams root rotting 8 of them at a time... I was talking to a shaman before who said people kept KSing his 8 seafuries so he would pull them to AC island and root rot them there.

Needless to say I wanted to punch this shaman in the back of the head
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2L?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

What is the ruling on me accidentally casting nullify magic on SFs that happen to be in the process of being root dot'd by a shaman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Wow scrub. Get someone threating to ddos the server and try to get you banned by the staff for killing seafuries, then you can complain. What you're dealing with ? rookie shit.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

It's funny too because druids quad kiting is actually faster/more efficient then any classes root/dotting. It takes less then 3 minutes to gather/quad kite to death 4 seafuries at lvl 60, how many mobs can one root dot in that time? I'd wager on 1-2, maybe 3 mobs dying in that time to a shaman/necros DoT's. Theres always been this debate/drama on seafury isle unfortunately; only way to fix it is just ban people who attack/engage/ks mobs that have already been engaged. Otherwise it's just going to keep going on, and people are going to keep getting pissed and try to retaliate.

If I'm killing at Seafuries it tends to be during the dead hours, because if there is more then 1-3 ppl at seafuries depending on class/level...its not even worth it. I actually quit farming seafuries a while ago and started farming items to sell instead, even if they are low-end items which sell for small amounts. The headache of SF isle being avoided saves me the stress of having to compete over green cons with mongoloids who can't figure out better ways of making plat.

Seriously though, how hard is it to just not touch a mob that someone else has already engaged? lol the best is when you've got 4 giants gathered/snared and some prick picks one off and tries to say "Oops, didnt know there was 4 there and can't tell they were engaged because they run the same way when snared/unengaged."

Needless to say -- quag maelstrom/corrupted seafuries are an excellent way of dealing with KS'ing pricks in OOT. Snare, kite over KS'ing pricks mobs, throw a dot/nuke on it, gate, laugh at pwned assholes who go unpunished and continually greif players just looking to acquire loot through their own hard work/farming. I mean, if you're going to SF isle 2-3 times a week, and the same asshole continually fucks with you even after being petitioned...what do you do then?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

werd, cant wait till I got a toon to post up at seafury island to show you suckers how to shaere.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe It will be a necro, or shaman so I can take 20 minutes to kill mobs that respawn in 6.5 minutes, but atleast I would be able to kill 5-6 at a time and stop everyone else on the island from killing seafuries faster then me.
Closed Thread