Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swage got his, it was Aldred that did not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Didn't he trade his back to the guild for a Helm of Rallos Zek? Yea he was super cool guy but that was a silly decision lol.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

I think it was something like week 1- aow hat drops, goes to forum. He bids, wins. Week 2 SoD drops, goes to forum. He just won aow loot and vulak loot? and whoever ended up winning hadn't looted anything in over a month. Bad timing really.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Baler posts with his emotions lol
Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

It's not only the shitty content blocking it's also the "leaving right after" that is somehow worse. If you were gonna leave anyway why bother, you don't get to use the bragging rights or the mountain of now impossible to get gear.

A total fucking waste.

Maybe at luclin gap they could do an event to re-seal the sleeper, like he's too strong to truly kill so killing him is jsut subduing him enough to be re-sealed.

That'd be cool. And if it was after luclin the "not classic" wankers can go away, because classic was "over" classic lasting longer than classic is not classic.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Also to be fair Legion was a damn good expansion I tell you wHat.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Rampage wanted to or was concerned about their reputation or the quality of the server, they would have kitted out their mains, then invited other guilds along /provided them kill and loot rights (or simply loot rights), so as to pass some of the spoils around.
We did this sort of thing on multiple occasions. See for example this thread advertising one of several open PoG raids that we held. A lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to see that content had fun at those raids and got nice loot.

Another example is the distribution of some of the guild bank to a multitude of guilds after the guild was dissolved, which was described here. This thread is interesting in hindsight because it gives us some insight into the way that the leaders of the "casual" raiding guilds viewed Rampage in the immediate aftermath of the wakening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan, Omni leader
Very generous of Rampage. Thank you on behalf of Omni.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi, Europa officer
Very generous Rampage, kind to the small people till the end. Thank you on behalf of Europa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realsorry, Paradigm Shift officer
Thank you very much for your gift..it was very much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemce, Azure Guard leader
I truly don't have words other than how sad it makes me to know that this kind of leadership won't be at the helm of the server anymore. Thank you for putting up with all that you did from forsaken and thanks for winning with class.
You have to give Baler credit for consistency, though; he's been banging this drum for over two years now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler, ???
Sleeper Awoken,. No respect for that.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We did this sort of thing on multiple occasions. See for example this thread advertising one of several open PoG raids that we held. A lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be able to see that content had fun at those raids and got nice loot.

Another example is the distribution of some of the guild bank to a multitude of guilds after the guild was dissolved, which was described here. This thread is interesting in hindsight because it gives us some insight into the way that the leaders of the "casual" raiding guilds viewed Rampage in the immediate aftermath of the wakening.

You have to give Baler credit for consistency, though; he's been banging this drum for over two years now:
Yea, I remember one time CSG, or some conglomeration of guilds was attempting sontalak, and they shunned a small guild telling them they couldn't join (I can't remember the specific guild.), and after the zerg had finished wiping, Hokushin invited the small guild to come kill it with us, and gave them some of the loot.

We also did help guilds like Divinity pull dragons from time to time, allowed their ST keyed members to join us on our ST raids and gave them primals, poor Trazzle went to every ST raid for months before he got a 1hb.

I always respected Hokushin because no matter how big we got, and how good we were he never went out of his way to shit on the little guilds.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Some say wakeing the sleeper and leaving was poor forum.

In honesty, I hold no bad sentiments against Rampage wanting to complete the 'main event' of Velious before leaving (waking The Sleeper).

It is the ones who went along with that then stuck around that shot themselves in the foot!
Old 05-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Giving up some scraps for good PR despite removing a huge encounter and other items from the game forever.

Don't believe the hype. Fuck em.

Of course people are gonna be nice if they are getting free shit. Proves nothing. I don't like my job but if I get an xmas bonus I say thanks a lot.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

I heard it was Taken's idea to wake the sleeper.
Closed Thread