Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

im personally not asking for anyone to cater to me i am asking questions and sharing what i have noticed over the years its not me that has to shit talk the former tz/vz community every time i differ in opinion or barf out shit about how we dont know what were talking about our whole eq lives were on emu rtz/vz etc...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Yellow text is totally unnecessary on a real PVP server with actual population, I think its hilarious that this arguement is even happening. Real successful PVP servers on live never had it until they were way way past their prime.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yellow text is totally unnecessary on a real PVP server with actual population, I think its hilarious that this arguement is even happening. Real successful PVP servers on live never had it until they were way way past their prime.
Yeah and real live blue servers had 2,000+ concurrent players, your logic is infallible! Idiot.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude your talking about a server with literaly thousands of people not a couple hundred and again its just something a few people are wanting and have asked about i like YT i like to see who kills who etc maybe tone it down and keep the zone name out but what is the big deal with "sniperfire has slain soandso" really?>

(edit) haha knuckle beat me to the idiot card
Last edited by Sniperfire; 08-30-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

I know there are a lot less players, but is it really so hard to find them? There are like 3 zones per level range. When I am out PKing the last thing I want is for people in befallen to know I just killed some poor old chap in unrest.

And then you bring up the "not classic" to argue against /enemy
Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicedsixfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, unfortunately for you I believe Red99 is going to be "classic classic" and not just "classic era." I could be wrong.

This topic has been beaten to death. PvP, in and of itself, is incentive enough. All you need is the ability to fight other players. It doesn't need to be incentivized: this is not shit box 5.0. The "gotta make PvP Happen™" train of thought spawned during the box days when there was 60 people on a server and the majority of the community wanted as many FPS aspects into the game as they could incorporate as the sole objective was just to fight. As bad as the 12 of you want it, that will not be the sole objective here. Maybe for you it is, but not the majority. And feel free to play that way, by all means, it's a PvP server for fuck's sake and it will need it's PK crowd. But Red99 isn't catering to them.
/endthread
Old 08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Yellow text wouldn't be terrible for the people who like that recognition. I think it's mostly for that reputation of being a killer rather than "where the PvP at!?"

EQlive without YT made it so that people weren't aware of what fights were going on. I honestly think it was better that way, as a personal preference. It catered more to everybody. YT with given zone names meant an instant gank squad would port in at any time. The most interesting fights (to me) are the 1v1's or the equally balanced mass PvP battles.

I think what we all saw on TZVZ were situations where someone was often two boxxing and then owns one dude from a higher up guild, thereby sparking this influx of players to that zone just to make it right or grief or whatever.

There needs to be a certain amount of anonymity to PvP. Some classes are built with that as their strength, and oftentimes players like to play the game that way.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

I agree with the two people above
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Yup. You nailed it dudes.
Closed Thread