Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

HA i found it. It was Blackened Acrylia Blade and something like Black Acylia Blade.... worked every time
Old 08-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This all sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Especially " I then got him to search the FBI database for the kid and Verant"
The blue pages in old phonebooks had the number to your local FBI office, and the policeman who took the police report told me how to find it. When I got the guy to realize that I could put up a website to try to find another 8k in losses and that I was serious, he told me to file the reports with the SEC, FTC and Attorney General. I then told him I thought the kid or Verant might have already had cases opened against them, so I had him run the database checks. As he reluctantly did them, he said "do you have any idea how much this is costing" but honestly I didn't care.
Tom Terrazas was the person I got transferred to when I called Verant. I bet he actually remembers the story because I had to use a number of legal arguments to convince him that I could cause them serious headaches. I also had a friend who freelanced for the LA Times and was interested in doing a story about online property and was dying to use my example. I told him (Tom) I could make his company the poster child for online property sales, and that's when they did a few things to mature about IP in their game.
Besides cloning my character he also agreed that they would pull all EQ items off of Ebay through a Cease and Desist, which they did. They also fixed their EULA to make it so hitting escape would no longer move you to the login screen. So 3 things (including the character clone) they did to remediate the situation.
When this happened I was young and dumb and knew no better about online property sales. I really DID always hit escape on the EULA and had no idea I couldn't buy someone elses toon that they built and save my own hours. Ebay had ~3,000 items matching "everquest" when I searched it back then- I honestly thought there was a recognized online economy for the game. Ive since learned how stupid I was- hence this being my example. =P
Old 08-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

On live fennin ro i stole a Phase spider carapace from this DE rogue named Bludz in WFP. Everyone said he was a dick so i jacked it. He threatened to kill my IRL.

Then later on on a different server, I scammed this barbarian warrior of a Fungi, FBSS, and two Lammie blades in the trading area of Gfay. This was the scam where you tricked players to drop their bags of shit on the ground. You pick up the loot and then /camp it later. I think i ate a ban for that one

Another time, same area i scammed some gnome caster out of his Tola robe he was wearing. After i bagged his tola robe he sent me a tell saying "HAHAH! That only works when you <do this and that>" Unknown to him I was already 5 seconds out of my /camp with his Tola robe in my inventory
Old 08-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

I think just training people on pve servers. Never scammed anyone, though I did try very briefly tbh.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mizo lent me his tash stick and i kept it
You monster....
Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

I remember when VZ/TZ emu ended and everyone was sharing their hacking stories. I wish I could find that thread. Imagine this thread if p99 went down for good.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

I bought an item from a trader that someone obviously left off a zero in the price :/ and I kept it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Still feel bad about that. Was scammed once though and suffered the same pricing error that landed me the item I talked about above. When I was scammed I harassed and slandered the player until I was reimbursed (months) and with the pricing error, I chatted with the purchaser until he felt I'd learnt my lesson and decided to return my underpriced items for something like a full refund plus 5% ^^ I was happy.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

This weekend I was selling a stein of moggok for 250pp. Some dudes like "hey I'll take it". I met him at T1 and put the stein in the trade window. He sent me a tell saying "350 right?", and rather than correct him back to 250, I simply said yes and pocketed an extra 100pp. HAHA SUCKA!
Old 08-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

I destroyed my epic because fuck it

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

took off my gear and pretended I was on a CR for a port because I had no plat on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Closed Thread