Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Oracle] Angerclaw (Barbarian) <Old World>
[60 Assassin] Kennie Kardashian (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Grandmaster] Moogoo Gai`Pan (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Crusader] Stunning Likemydaddy (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Virtuoso] Smello Asselerando (Half Elf) <Old World>
[60 Warlock] Zlandicarmelo Anthony (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Phantasmist] Enchanty Bobanty (Gnome) <Old World>

That guy isnt me, no reason to make a new account since galach took over havent been banned, what a great upcoming GM he will be
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Banned

moo goo gai pan.

is that like.................hm.................

it's from Friends, right? can't place it
Old 08-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
moo goo gai pan.

is that like.................hm.................

it's from Friends, right? can't place it
It's from a Chinese take out menu.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:31 PM
Banned

Yes but it was a cultural feature in the 90s on TV. I think it was the one who sings "Smelly Cat" saying it that was the meme. Calling backup??
Old 08-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

I liked having something to do other than farm platinum to gear alts to level once you hit max level. Luclin brought AAs which were grand. Then LDoN and PoP brought formal instances, where things like ring war are more pseudo instances, which I also liked. Most sane people who paid subscriptions liked not being locked out of content they could get more creative with to make them more challenging just because they couldn't neckbeard in one spot for 17 hours waiting for a pop.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

The Al'Kabor Project(TAKP) has up to PoP. If folks liked it more they have the option to play there.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Al'Kabor Project(TAKP) has up to PoP. If folks liked it more they have the option to play there.
is there an implication of era argument authority cattily contained in these weasel words? or were they not weasel words? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I posit that boxing and "the facebook effect" (population critical mass) are the reasons why the superior server yet languishes. Also, people with good taste gave up on community EQ after P99 successfully turned it into a proprietary thing.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Banned

if you want to play pop era, play fucking aradune idiots

Your guild can instance everything weekly and everything works!
Old 08-18-2020, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there an implication of era argument authority cattily contained in these weasel words? or were they not weasel words? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I posit that boxing and "the facebook effect" (population critical mass) are the reasons why the superior server yet languishes. Also, people with good taste gave up on community EQ after P99 successfully turned it into a proprietary thing.
The community aspect is the main reason I play on here. Never really been a fan of boxing or really soloing in general. If I wanted to play by myself and just farm pixels, I'd box my own raids on PEQ and do OOW which was my favorite expansion. There was still open world content to "compete" for (remember in GOD when they had the mobs that dropped armor you could MQ in Qvic that people paid good plat for?) and instanced raids that punished you for coming in without being prepared or making too many mistakes.

The problem with making all content open world and hyper competitive on a subscription based game is if most people will literally never see end game content because its all the timers are kept safeguarded by a handful of neckbeards, they wont keep paying to play. They're the "sheep" of the community, a majority of the players, and the bulk of the people paying to keep the servers up and to make new content to release. It really only works on p99 because its free and nostalgia is strong.

The game changed in a way that it needed to in order to survive.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

derp
Last edited by Trexller; 08-18-2020 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: derp
Closed Thread