Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Banned

So he cleared a room full of mobs and only one respawned before he got back is what I am hearing?
Old 05-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So he cleared a room full of mobs and only one respawned before he got back is what I am hearing?

There are two mobs in the camp and he arrived ~15 minutes after the first spawn popped but before the second spawn popped.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Further questions on this. I logged into PoM yesterday (maybe 2 days ago?) and found A4 empty and down. After sitting for a few minutes, 1 halfing spawned and I went and got a pet and killed it. While waiting for the 2nd halfling to spawn, approximately 10 minutes later, a local friendly shaman (who I would normally find respectable) rolled up with /afk tag on. I didn't think anything of it as I am sitting there holding a charmed pet waiting for the 2nd halfling to spawn. A few minutes later, it spawns and the shaman instantly pulls and acts like nothing is wrong.

Now clearly I had the camp... it had been around 20 minutes past the first spawn and the shaman wanted the camp back. I won't name the shaman, but he can feel free to pipe up if he wants. He claimed he didn't know he was in a race. Well, ok, but two things: 1) I am sitting there with a charmed pet and I am there before you (you are 20 minutes late of first spawn). You should at least say something if you think there is a contest. and 2) You can't come back 20 minutes after the camp respawns and retake it with "I didn't know it was a race".

If I am wrong about this, please inform me of the correct rules.

Ultimately, since I don't want to be a dick, I just let him take the camp, broke my charm, calmed my pet, and logged off.

edit: Now my thoughts are these kinds of infractions are not worthy of petitioning someone. I also consider my server reputation when I let people push me off a camp. I'd rather the rules be clearer so I don't have to take a server rep hit nor cause someone to be suspended or banned because of some misunderstanding.
I respect your opinion but remind yourself you are farming PoM in 2019.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I respect your opinion but remind yourself you are farming PoM in 2019.
What do you mean? It is new-ish to me... I've been bound there for about a month but don't really play a lot.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Further questions on this. I logged into PoM yesterday (maybe 2 days ago?) and found A4 empty and down. After sitting for a few minutes, 1 halfing spawned and I went and got a pet and killed it. While waiting for the 2nd halfling to spawn, approximately 10 minutes later, a local friendly shaman (who I would normally find respectable) rolled up with /afk tag on. I didn't think anything of it as I am sitting there holding a charmed pet waiting for the 2nd halfling to spawn. A few minutes later, it spawns and the shaman instantly pulls and acts like nothing is wrong.

Now clearly I had the camp... it had been around 20 minutes past the first spawn and the shaman wanted the camp back. I won't name the shaman, but he can feel free to pipe up if he wants. He claimed he didn't know he was in a race. Well, ok, but two things: 1) I am sitting there with a charmed pet and I am there before you (you are 20 minutes late of first spawn). You should at least say something if you think there is a contest. and 2) You can't come back 20 minutes after the camp respawns and retake it with "I didn't know it was a race".

If I am wrong about this, please inform me of the correct rules.

Ultimately, since I don't want to be a dick, I just let him take the camp, broke my charm, calmed my pet, and logged off.

edit: Now my thoughts are these kinds of infractions are not worthy of petitioning someone. I also consider my server reputation when I let people push me off a camp. I'd rather the rules be clearer so I don't have to take a server rep hit nor cause someone to be suspended or banned because of some misunderstanding.
As the Shaman in question I have a slightly different recollection of someone taking a mob from a camp I'd been doing for hours without a problem and then quickly conceding that it was in fact my camp when caught, only to go all Rants and Flames an hour later in OOC on a different character.

Iif you really want to get into this I'll happily share my side of the story in Rants and Flames but not in a rules clarification thread. Suffice it to say that as far as any rules question goes, the rules give a camp holder a reasonable amount of time to re-kill their spawn, and the GMs will make a call in-game using facts they have access to to decide whether someone took a reasonable amount of time or not.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-03-2019 at 06:47 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you’re afk for 10 minutes its not your camp anymore
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi there Loramin, glad you were able to see this and reply. You say you had been doing the camp for hours and I have no way to knowing... I am going to assume this is true because the mobs were dead when I logged in.

I guess the question is what ends up being a reasonable amount of time to kill the spawns after they pop? Is 15 minutes the new norm? Is it just PoM that gets this leniency?

Also, I wasn't caught doing anything wrong. In fact I informed you that I had killed Brenn already to let you know how late you were to keeping the camp dead.

Not sure what you are talking about with respect to the RnF/OOC? Maybe you ran into camp contention with someone else too? What was the character name?

I am happy to hear your thoughts on how much time you have to keep a camp dead before it is no longer yours but really want to hear from a GM.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also I appreciate your contribution to the community via the guides you have put out. I really don't like getting into arguments with people over camps which is why I usually log out to one of my alts when it occurs. I'd still like rule clarification.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Banned

If you log into dead mobs, and then both didn’t respawn, I’d say you did the right thing by continuing to let him keep the camp, had both spawned then you’d have solid argument to take over depending on how much it was worth it to you. Like ya said always something else to do on EQ I usually won’t move in on a contested camp if I came there and saw everything was dead until I see the camp fully repop(make sure you run fraps of all the mobs popping everyone is a lawyer here!)
#bodycamsforalltoons2019
Old 05-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hi there Loramin, glad you were able to see this and reply. You say you had been doing the camp for hours and I have no way to knowing... I am going to assume this is true because the mobs were dead when I logged in.

I guess the question is what ends up being a reasonable amount of time to kill the spawns after they pop? Is 15 minutes the new norm? Is it just PoM that gets this leniency?

Also, I wasn't caught doing anything wrong. In fact I informed you that I had killed Brenn already to let you know how late you were to keeping the camp dead.

Not sure what you are talking about with respect to the RnF/OOC? Maybe you ran into camp contention with someone else too? What was the character name?

I am happy to hear your thoughts on how much time you have to keep a camp dead before it is no longer yours but really want to hear from a GM.
Again, if you want to dance in Rants and Flames, that's where this sort of thing belongs. Not here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Closed Thread