Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Park up at OT in front of all the other porters and offer TLs for donations.

The key to success is sitting in front of the other porters, gotta hustle.
Old 08-09-2023, 06:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Park up at OT in front of all the other porters and offer TLs for donations.

The key to success is sitting in front of the other porters, gotta hustle.
Sooner or later people be parked inside the boat
Old 08-10-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know I've heard that but I've actually had good luck with that camp farming it to use. Probably just statistical anomalies.
Jealous lol anytime I've done it I've never gotten that good luck. IMO too variable on the RNG compared to how much you can sell it for to make it worth it as a plat farm.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Puppet show in pom might be good in a duo with shaman if you're geared enough to clear them. Jayya is in ALS so can't really farm items for plat, but had been doing a lot of puppet show to earn her cloak of confusion and resist flowers.

Its hard to tell the drop rate because it sucks, but I would estimate its something like a throne every 10 hours for both people in a duo on average. Based on wiki prices, I am guessing it is probably over 2k per hour average.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Last edited by 7thGate; 08-10-2023 at 02:23 PM..
Old 08-11-2023, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Agreeing with the quadding CS wyvs on wiz. I do this occasionally because its peaceful and the gems add up fast.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

It's more exciting to include drakes in the quad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-17-2023, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know if the wiki isn't super apparent about some of the better ways of making plat. Maybe tucked into a guide somewhere. I've never run the numbers to compare the popular steady mob grinds to the opportunities people find. I had a friend who had a couple friends that would help him hustle monk epic MQ's, and he'd help them with their epic enterprises. I'd chip in sometimes just to hang out; we were homies together in field of bone. Just a crew within a guild. Back when my brother played, he would camp jboots and sell the MQ's during a period of high demand. Sometimes he'd corpse 2 or 3 in a night (14-21k at the time), but he was up at weird hours on his days off. The price of jboots tended to remain higher than it otherwise probably should have relative to the difficulty of getting the camp when you want it. It was a pain in the ass so a lot of people avoided it and just paid the rate set by a cartel of jboots farmers. I had a few different things I did, most of which were only lucrative at the time I did them. One was selling Rain Callers (easy quest, a couple hours a week, 5-6k each). I don't have the slightest inkling of what pays in late Velious, and things are different with blue's population being a shadow of what it once was (far slower-moving market)).

The overarching theme here is that a lot of plat can come from making friends and playing the game with them, and in the process learning what's moving in the market. This aligns with what Troxx said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has generally been my experience. I have never gone out of my way to farm cash drops, sell MQs, EC mule, port whore or whatnot. I mostly focused on playing and having fun. The cash accumulates naturally. I won a few big drops here and there but typically used the item vs selling.

I never got rich but my characters geared out naturally with time/effort and the surplus did help to finance some nice alts.
Grab some pals and be the person selling the epic or the whatever obscure item from whatever obscure camp to the people grinding plat from mobs, or old money. Knowledge of these camps and sales percolates from playing the game and interacting with guildies/friends. The amount of hustle and the amount of time/effort you put in dictates how rich you get, but plenty of people make good* plat playing somewhat casually. If your guild is a dud find a better one. It all hinges on grouping up and being social. This is what makes EQ great. Or if you prefer to chill out an grind plat, that's cool too. Hill Giants are great for that, as are Gargs in an empty mistmoore (while checking for Princess Joleena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), and droga.

* asterisk because what the hardcore raiders make selling very high end things is in its own league.
Last edited by Lune; 08-17-2023 at 04:27 AM..
Old 08-17-2023, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Real talk if you're not farming urns or fungis idk how anyone can make any plat
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-17-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real talk if you're not farming urns or fungis idk how anyone can make any plat
Bid on droppables at raids and wait for your guild to collapse. 401k plan
Old 08-17-2023, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bid on droppables at raids and wait for your guild to collapse. 401k plan
I keep getting kicked / declined so this won't work for me

Damn capitialism
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior