Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

Derelict my balls
Old 11-08-2020, 01:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I haven't played on p99 for about 8 months and my highest level character is only in the 20's. I guess I'm not a die hard player but I still have fun. Came back to roll an iksar and not having quest xp like REALLY sucks, they already have an xp debuff, why throw this on top?
Old 11-08-2020, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

All we need to do is powerlevel one of each iksar class to 60. Then they'll have no reason to keep the no exp quests.

If we band together and funnel exp into the mouths of these chosen iksar we can have exp quests back before the end of the week.

It's your move community. Complain on the forums for a month or move on the proactive solution.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:33 AM
Kobold

So I finally got my daughter interested in Everquest and we're having a blast leveling in Crushbone - collecting belts and gaining xp. I teach her the ways of Norrath and instruct her to keep all CB belts for sweet extra XP gains in Kaladim - only to find that the devs disabled this key part of the game we all love (and hate).

So. Not. Classic.

/rewind
Old 11-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Kobold

Daughters in Everquest aren't classic either.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 11-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, started an Enchanter, grinded it out and am 26, and traveled to Firiona Vie only to find out there's no Breeze. Can't really alt with new characters either now. What's the point of playing until these things are added/fixed? What a waste of time.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KainIIIC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, started an Enchanter, grinded it out and am 26, and traveled to Firiona Vie only to find out there's no Breeze. Can't really alt with new characters either now. What's the point of playing until these things are added/fixed? What a waste of time.
Breeze isn't added at Kunark launch. If it's June 2000, That's about 2 months after kunark launch.
Shit's Classic.

Quote:
Q: What is an EverQuest Progression Server?

An EverQuest Progression Server is a special server that launches with only the game's original zones and content. Additional content and expansions then unlock over time. This allows players to enjoy each era and expansion in order, similar to how the game evolved originally.
Last edited by Baler; 11-08-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Old 11-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I simply do not get turning off quest experience.

The launch of Kunark was always going to be a poor experience of new Iksar. Turning off quest XP simply made it far worse.

For what? What is so important about leveling lizards that was worth making the experience worse for thousands of player?

The first Iksar being PL'ed are already hitting 40. It isn't like this slowed it down one bit for the truly dedicated. It just slowed it down for everyone else.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The launch of Kunark was always going to be a poor experience of new Iksar. Turning off quest XP simply made it far worse.
I'm having a blast with my Iksar. Don't know what you are talking about.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 11-08-2020, 04:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For what? What is so important about leveling lizards that was worth making the experience worse for thousands of player?

The first Iksar being PL'ed are already hitting 40. It isn't like this slowed it down one bit for the truly dedicated. It just slowed it down for everyone else.
You're forgetting a chunk of the game, the 50 to 60 race. Imagine a group of several people with, according to a guide, 50+ accounts worth of quest items stored up. Insta burn to 60 by just handing shit in, then immediately go claim the big camp(s) while everyone else is working toward 60. It isn't abount the lizards, it is about claiming the biggest cash camps and limited duration drop items for as long as possible which is best done with a very quick 60.
Closed Thread