Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

not sure how realistic this game is but splinter cell double agent (Multiplayer online) i played as much as i could for a long time. It felt to me like the first technology of a shooter game that made us spoiled with technology. I played the second to last recent one i think and i couldnt figure out how to get out of an air vent and stop playing shortly after that. I saw some videos of it online too and it didnt seem too appealing.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a shooter, but its FPS medieval combat.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/629760/MORDHAU/
Old 08-18-2020, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

I played a little Battlefield One for the yucks because it's just so weird. TF2 has solid gameplay and fast action for that quick pick-me up, but it is a bit cartooney.

But I really haven't played other FPS regularly since 2006 when Red Orchestra came out. I played the shit out of that. RO2 came out in 2011 and I haven't spent as much time since my FPS bug kinda waned over time, but you can't go wrong with it.

Here's your typical gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYoCWHIgwY

Here's some vehicle gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyrl49hCmqY I'm sure you can find more.

Technically the multiplayer component is not dead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's usually a 64 player EU server going, what more do you need? I think it's like five bucks and 10gig download.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:39 PM
Banned

i am not into shooters but was very addicted to the star wars battlefront games that came out both 1 and 2

I was never any good and by the time i fire up the ps4 at 11 i was completely tired and blasted out of my mind so i had a good time

They talked about making them VR but i dont know if it ever happened
Old 08-18-2020, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Oh speaking of Battlefield, if you were a fan of Desert Combat or 1942, I believe this little thing is inspired by them both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvs0735hlNE

I haven't tried it yet though. But it's on my list!
Old 08-19-2020, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I was global in Counterstrike after I was cal-i, leetest person here and the answer is still Pavlov VR. It's the only remaining moddable, HL-style (CS1.6-style in fact), community-server shooter.

If you want to buy a VR kit I have an extra one completely unopened an untouched too, it's a "Vive Cosmos Elite" and it's better than the Valve Index. just dm me. Vendor sent me an extra. Oh yeah it comes with that half life alyx game too, which is a shooter. VR is awesome; the only remaining backlash is from poors. It's really cool playing online with a big paywall to keep out Mario.
What team? 1v1 me

Also to answer OP's question,

BR

Warzone if you like Cod - It's kind of the jack of all trades BR. You can play with your normie console friends, you can play casually, you can take it seriously, you can respawn your team mates, and it's a well polished game. (Yes the space required sucks but it's 2020 bros wtf you doing without 1TB)
PUBG - if you like more stealthy/realistic shooter - Reminds me a bit of Americas Army
Apex Legends if you liked arena shooters (To me it's the Quake/Unreal Tournament version of a BR, also probably my favorite so far)
Escape of Tarkov - I haven't really played, but I know a lot of people having fun with it! Doesn't look like it's more me, but if i'm not mistaken it's a BR with some minor RPG Elements? I'd look into it

Competitive FPS

CS:Go - obviously
Rainbow Six Siege - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a little bit of abilities
Valorant - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a lot of abilities
Call of Duty Modern Warfare - The non BR version of the latest cod is actually a lot of fun, most fun i've had since MW2. Definitely the best choice if your just trying to shoot some people after a long day.
Overwatch - Yo dawg we heard you like moba and fps. So we put a moba in your fps so that you can fps while you moba

Minecraft FPS

Rust - It actually looks like a blast. I still haven't played, but i've watched Youtube videos that make the game look crazy fun.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Been goin HAM on Remnant lately.. It's like... Dark souls with guns..

https://www.remnantgame.com/en
Old 08-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PUBG - if you like more stealthy/realistic shooter - Reminds me a bit of Americas Army
Completely ruined by hacks and the publisher's inaction regarding same. I don't mean just slightly ruined, I mean drove a stake right through the heart and done.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2020, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely ruined by hacks and the publisher's inaction regarding same. I don't mean just slightly ruined, I mean drove a stake right through the heart and done.

Honestly every BR i've played has had a shit load of hackers. Warzone has like 2 in every lobby. I played like 10-15 hours of pubg earlier this year and I can't recall getting shit on by a blatant hacker. (But of course used to see hackers all the time in it's hayday)

I'm sure it's also not due to INACTION, you have to remember that PUBG was essentially created by a new developer who just so happen to put out a AAA game as their very first release. Anti Cheats are both very complex and very expensive.

I read (or watched, it was a while ago and can't remember) a very interesting blog about anti cheat developers for Counter-Strike, (I believe ESEA), and essentially it boiled down to the cheat developers always being able to be one step ahead of anti cheat developers, and the ONLY way to fix this would be an ultra invasive program, or anti cheat at the hardware level.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What team? 1v1 me

Also to answer OP's question,

BR

Warzone if you like Cod - It's kind of the jack of all trades BR. You can play with your normie console friends, you can play casually, you can take it seriously, you can respawn your team mates, and it's a well polished game. (Yes the space required sucks but it's 2020 bros wtf you doing without 1TB)
Apex Legends if you liked arena shooters (To me it's the Quake/Unreal Tournament version of a BR, also probably my favorite so far)
Escape of Tarkov - I haven't really played, but I know a lot of people having fun with it! Doesn't look like it's more me, but if i'm not mistaken it's a BR with some minor RPG Elements? I'd look into it

Competitive FPS

CS:Go - obviously
Rainbow Six Siege - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a little bit of abilities
Valorant - It's a lot of fun, Kind of like Counter Strike with a lot of abilities
Call of Duty Modern Warfare - The non BR version of the latest cod is actually a lot of fun, most fun i've had since MW2. Definitely the best choice if your just trying to shoot some people after a long day.
Overwatch - Yo dawg we heard you like moba and fps. So we put a moba in your fps so that you can fps while you moba

Minecraft FPS

Rust - It actually looks like a blast. I still haven't played, but i've watched Youtube videos that make the game look crazy fun.
I've actually lost the use of my hands wrt mouse+keyboard. I can only pull triggers now. ;_;
Closed Thread