Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

I did 'dok AE from 58-60 on Tomtee, over a year ago.

Back then, SoS were still going for 25k. i remember just wanting to get rid of it and offering it for 20k and got like 5 buyers.

Now SoS is down to like 5k. Burnt Wood Staff was 10k+ and now it's 4k. SBS was like.. 15k? Now It's down to 7k

The server and Kunark existing for 2 years prior, it's amazing what this last year has caused. I remember doing my first 'proxy' - it happened because I had hit 60 the prior pull and some dude messaged me if he could sit in since I didn't 'need' exp anymore. Sold my spot for 1k/pull.

Something regarding the publicity must have happened - and it's not just the raid suspension recently. These prices have been plummeting and I feel like the prevalence of 'dok AOE has gone up a lot. Before it was kind of a secret club, now it's an open dance party.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chardok AE is HIGHLY unclassical and is the most dumbest stupidest thing i ever seen
i think i understand what you are saying...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Project Manager

Is it possible the resists for the npcs should be increased?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible the resists for the npcs should be increased?
Depends on what kind of adjustment you are requiring. I know for enchanters, you basically HAVE to have 3 to do the large pulls, and usually at least 2 need to be 60. 3 lvl 58s will wipe you already.

If you increases resists much more you will just make it impossible. 58s already have large numbers of resists on the mobs. As far as enchanters are concerned, we have to stack our stuns all separately so that they come in at an offset cadence.

i.e. skew->slant->shift, shift->skew->slant, slant, shift, skew --- if you don't do this resists and lined-up stuns will cause some to break and typically 1 shot one of the chanters. Then the others will die.

I feel like chardok AOE is already a huge risk. It might seem easy but if the enchanters aren't timed perfect, the group will wipe. When I used to go, it was always the same 3 enchanters because we knew our shit, and adding a new one in almost always resulted in a wipe. If you increase resists I think you'll destroy 'dok AOE, but if that's your goal then i'm all for it.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jus saying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"jus saying" what? The fact that the popularity increased during Luclin to grind AAs doesn't negate the fact that it was done pre-Luclin. The main difference between then and now is that most people were content to have one level 60, and p99 is an entirely different environment where lots of people have multiple raid-capable characters. Grinding your fifth character to 60 is p99's equivalent to grinding AAs.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Skyfire AE shouldn't have ever existed because the Wurms should have been stun immune the whole time.

Edit: And in my numerous hours sitting and watching AOE groups I'd also say that Wizard resists need to be accounted for as well. It looks like going with lower than 58 on a wizard (without having at least 2 60s to make up the difference) is going to gimp your dps to the point where the mobs won't be dead by the time people start becoming OOM.

It is pretty funny though, cause as soon as theres a hiccup in the system the group wipes in about half a second. The fact that every 50+ cleric has their epic is what makes recoveries from that relatively quick and not too big of a burden.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 01-24-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"jus saying" what? The fact that the popularity increased during Luclin to grind AAs doesn't negate the fact that it was done pre-Luclin.
you mentioned it was classic then in the same sentence mentioned luclin... luclin wasnt classic so the fact that it was popular for grinding AAs kinda doesnt mean much here
Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you mentioned it was classic then in the same sentence mentioned luclin... luclin wasnt classic so the fact that it was popular for grinding AAs kinda doesnt mean much here
Are you even reading anything before you click reply?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you even reading anything before you click reply?
Yeah, but apparently you don't understand we are talking about it not being classic and mentioning it became popular in luclin to grind AAs.... people aren't grinding AAs here

edit: or should I say people are discussing it being classic/non classic.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah, but the ability to do it still existed.

Using midnight mallet to lock-in agro on a raid target as a warrior isn't very classic as a behavior, because people didn't realize they could do that back in the day. However the mechanism to do it did exist back then.

This server exists in a weird mix of classical mechanics (as best as the devs can simulate anyways) with all the knowledge of the ages.

Skyfire shouldn't have been possible because the mechanics of stun immune wurms would have made it impossible and it was just something that devs missed. Chardok AOE was possible on live from a mechanical standpoint, just people hadn't thought of it yet.

I don't disagree that Chardok AOE should be nerfed (but damn I'd really love to get these last levels pounded out before it happens :P) and I'd be willing to bet the Devs on live would have nerfed it if people were doing it the way they're doing it here on p99, it's just people weren't aware of the potential as much back then.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread