Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought a new video card. Didn't fix it. I have 3 different SSDs and several HDDs. Didn't fix it.

Tried all the fixes you tried and more. Mine still does the same damn thing on my desktop.

A while back I bought a Lenovo Z50 (Nvidia 820M graphics card) to assist with my hobby/hopefully career change (Programming), the game runs perfect on it with NO issues at all.

My desktop consists of:

AMD 8350 (Stock)
16 GB DDR3 1600
Both Nvidia 660GTX and AMD R9 270 (R9 is in it now)
Gigabyte MB
Win7 Pro x64

Laptop:
I7 2.8Ghz Core Duo (with HT)
8GB DDR3 1800 (something like that)
Nvidia 820m
Win8.1 x64

I do not get it at all. WinEQ, doesn't work as well. I've done everything listed in the forums and help, and, nothing works.

Sorry, but you'll have to buy a new system (not top of the line) in order to get this old game to work with no chop/lag issues.
I have a pretty similar machine
16 GB ddr 3 ram
Gigabyte MB
Win7 Pro x64
I think i have an nvidia 560 or something instead...

that gigabyte mb...the more i see others issues the more they point to the drivers for that mb.

@swish, I tested with 0 people in the zone and do lots of /who before and after the stutter. Pretty sure its not that issue though I know some people get that.
Solo Kills
Old 05-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to justify your SSD purchase.

By this logic my game should be "microstuttering" constantly while im in KC or EC or any other popular zone. Which is definitely not happening.
lmao

EQ reads and writes to disk during a number of different events, not just zoning. You may not necessarily experience stutter every time it accesses the drive, but it's definitely possible for "microstutters" to happen. Try taking a screenshot and see how nicely EQ plays while it's writing to disk.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Use Ramdrive - solved all my microstutter problems.

OSFmount - freeware
Old 05-29-2015, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

So I kept digging and digging and trying all kinds of weird shit.

I finally tracked it down to hard disk reading and writing which made sense. I was getting the stutter a lot more often when backups were running or there was higher disk activity.

Anyway after updating all mobo drivers and stuff i ran across some posts about the crucial m4 ssd being in the state below. sure enough my drive was misconfigured. I fixed both issues by updating a bios setting to use the non ide driver and also realigned the drive. For good measure I did a fresh windows install as well and updated all other drivers. been running smooth for 30mins. hoping once i reinstall some other stuff it will stay like this. hopefully this works for someone

screenshot of the error. I think the tool was called AS SSD benchmark (you dont have to run the benchmark)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo Kills
Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

I was maybe thinking it might have had something to do with rendering or, not rendering if this next comment makes any sense.

I was wonder that if when turning, if you turn to a direction where there might be a lot happening, lots of players or a lot of spell effects happening, then this might perhaps be causing a slight jump/skip in the frame rate making it look like a mouse skip. The eq client might know that those things are there coming into view but doesn't render them in accordance with the view distance, but the client still knows they are there and within the FoV. So even though it won't render to the screen, perhaps the client is doing some kind of processing to determine yes I see you and I know you are there but does the player need to see you?

Just thoughts.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use Ramdrive - solved all my microstutter problems.

OSFmount - freeware
Since latest patch (Jun 12, 2015 - 5:33 AM) I have once again microstutter problems even when using RAM-drive.

Damn was ruinning smooth for 3 months [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2015, 04:19 AM
Kobold

Set FPS to 60 in Display settings.

Say goodbye to chunking with mouse look.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Dunno if this is what you're referring to but I get a lot of texture tearing when turning left or right, even with Vsync forced on the video card.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

got a new nic and new drivers for it, uninstalled avg and reinstalled windows. seems better now for a week or so. still get it once in awhile but far less frequently
Solo Kills
Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was maybe thinking it might have had something to do with rendering or, not rendering if this next comment makes any sense.

I was wonder that if when turning, if you turn to a direction where there might be a lot happening, lots of players or a lot of spell effects happening, then this might perhaps be causing a slight jump/skip in the frame rate making it look like a mouse skip. The eq client might know that those things are there coming into view but doesn't render them in accordance with the view distance, but the client still knows they are there and within the FoV. So even though it won't render to the screen, perhaps the client is doing some kind of processing to determine yes I see you and I know you are there but does the player need to see you?

Just thoughts.
I must agree to some of these findings/ideas.

I have noticed that the mouselook "graphics skipping" happens when a player(s) comes into view.
It's VERY annoying and I have found myself totally lost in dungeons in a matter of one set of frame skips.

I tried to pus the FPS to 60 and it didnt make any difference sadly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]