Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will be hard to recover from this, reputation in pieces
TMO lost its rep? Reading this forum the last couple years I gathered it's reputation was that it was a bunch of jerks and cheaters. The only thing new is that they were better at it than anyone knew.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

This is derailing pretty quickly, let's get back on track.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So let's review here. Zeelot is proposing an ultimatum to Rogean. Either apologize to TMO, or Zeelot will disband TMO. Does anyone else see the problem with this?

Is threatening to disband TMO that much of a threat? Did the leadership of TMO skip over the part where Rogean mentioned that they had already considered disbanding the guild anyways? Are you imagining some sort of world where the entire server depends on TMO, and its disbanding will destroy the server? Because I really don't think that's the case.

What is TMO even trying to accomplish here? When your back is against the wall, you generally don't continue to taunt your attacker, regardless of who is right or wrong. This whole issue could have easily been solved with a simple statement saying sorry for harboring this cheating scum, we weren't responsible for his actions, we'll take our suspensions and return in 2 weeks. This whole TMO vs. the world stance right now is blowing my mind.

I have no bias here. I've had no problems with TMO or really any other guild. I'm content doing my own thing in The A-Team. But a majority of these posts over the past 12 hours are like something out of a weird fantasy. It's pretty hard not to comment when such a simple situation is being so awfully mismanaged.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzebel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where's Fauss btw?
Procreating I believe.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let's review here. Zeelot is proposing an ultimatum to Rogean. Either apologize to TMO, or Zeelot will disband TMO. Does anyone else see the problem with this?
Think harder. It will come eventually.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is derailing pretty quickly, let's get back on track.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is threatening to disband TMO that much of a threat? Did the leadership of TMO skip over the part where Rogean mentioned that they had already considered disbanding the guild anyways? Are you imagining some sort of world where the entire server depends on TMO, and its disbanding will destroy the server? Because I really don't think that's the case.

What is TMO even trying to accomplish here? When your back is against the wall, you generally don't continue to taunt your attacker, regardless of who is right or wrong. This whole issue could have easily been solved with a simple statement saying sorry for harboring this cheating scum, we weren't responsible for his actions, we'll take our suspensions and return in 2 weeks. This whole TMO vs. the world stance right now is blowing my mind.

I have no bias here. I've had no problems with TMO or really any other guild. I'm content doing my own thing in The A-Team. But a majority of these posts over the past 12 hours are like something out of a weird fantasy. It's pretty hard not to comment when such a simple situation is being so awfully mismanaged.
It all makes sense when you realize Zeelot and many in TMO have an overinflated sense of self worth due to their countless months of farming dragons and feeling like the kings of the server. In economics, we'd call this a bubble that is just about to pop. Sell now to profit big.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Orc

"It doesn't matter, now IB thinks they are better than us"

hawhaw
Old 12-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Banned

I'm just curious though. You're getting awfully wound up at attacking Zeelot/Alarti/Eccezan but... they aren't banned.

Shouldn't you guys be going after Internode/Froovy?

For instance, when Bill Clinton got caught, did you call up your local congressmen and rip them out?

I can't prove that A/E/Z didn't know about this going on, but given Rogean's investigation... the people on top seem very clean in all this. I'd also like to think those guys control what does and doesn't happen in the guild to the best of their ability. Doesn't that make the guild's leadership clean in all this?

More and more I see people doing anything and everything propaganda-wise to secure high end pixels for themselves. No one is asking the right questions like how did this bug occur? What can we do better as players to recognize and eliminate it in the future?
Sadly, its all about "ban them so I can't take mobs now".
Old 12-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Fuck em, let z-boy disband the guild of douchebags. Would love to see who would absorb there members.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

So you could have all the geared out people "you hate" in your own guild to secure an advantage?

What does that make you? The same as them?

Yeah, it does.

Every single one of you that I see beating on your chests is just as bad as them with the pixel lust. They're just willing to go into work with 3 hours of sleep (read try harder) to get it. Is that sick? To me, yes. However, that's the same intention just with more effort put into it.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just curious though. You're getting awfully wound up at attacking Zeelot/Alarti/Eccezan but... they aren't banned.

Shouldn't you guys be going after Internode/Froovy?

For instance, when Bill Clinton got caught, did you call up your local congressmen and rip them out?

I can't prove that A/E/Z didn't know about this going on, but given Rogean's investigation... the people on top seem very clean in all this. I'd also like to think those guys control what does and doesn't happen in the guild to the best of their ability. Doesn't that make the guild's leadership clean in all this?

More and more I see people doing anything and everything propaganda-wise to secure high end pixels for themselves. No one is asking the right questions like how did this bug occur? What can we do better as players to recognize and eliminate it in the future?
Sadly, its all about "ban them so I can't take mobs now".
Closed Thread