Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pet aggro was nerfed because they had become the prefered tank for raids. It might be possible to make some adjustments.

Haynar
I missed that post.

Could you flag some mobs to ignore pets entirely?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Hi Haynar,

I think maybe the best solution in terms of a good middle-ground would be to allow pets to hold aggro like they did on live, unless the merb is lvl 53+, then they would just act like they do now. This way mages could actually have their pets hold decent aggro, but not be able to use a pet to tank 100% of raid merbs (unless it was only pets tanking to begin with...i.e., phinny), and prob most end-of-quest epic mobs.

This is just my drunken rambling / idea / whatever as I play my mage tonight! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aaradin
Aaradone
The A-Team
Last edited by CodyF86; 02-15-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Developer

Since pets tanking raid mobs was the issue, that is what I think should be addressed. All raid mobs, pets generate aggro like now. This could include epic mobs.

Ideally, in a group setting, pets should hold aggro pretty well.

I still have to sell the idea. The decision is not up to me.

H
Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since pets tanking raid mobs was the issue, that is what I think should be addressed. All raid mobs, pets generate aggro like now. This could include epic mobs.

H
I agree with this. I, like many mages, only want my pet to have great aggro in solo/group settings, I could care less about how he can tank raid targets. I think the solution is grand, so close to a solution. Who had the final word, bog?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

H
Completely agree. This is a good compromise.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

H
Thanks for the update Haynar. I do want to point out though that the fact you have to 'sell' restoring classic mechanics is what causes people to make comments such as this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So nerfs that hurt players are justified as classic, but stuff that helps players is nerfed in an unclassic fashion that breaks a whole class? Wut

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the update Haynar. I do want to point out though that the fact you have to 'sell' restoring classic mechanics is what causes people to make comments such as this one:
Will always choose to err on the side of underpowered rather than overpowered. Safest way to proceed until things are perfect, or near perfect.

Can blame me. But, I'd like pets to work properly. I played a magician for years, and I agree the aggro is not correct.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Those of us who played in late 2010 - early 2011 and were around for DA bringing 16-20 mages to sky to pet down isles 6-8 with zero risk understand the reason things are this way. I'd love a better implementation, but a quick fix had to be done at that time.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Banned

Pet stealing aggro in groups.... pretty much any warrior during the classic era could chime in an verify if this was indeed possible.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think the pet tanking raid mobs is a pre-kunark era issue. Taking out stuff in sky was possible because of chain petting with lots of pet casters, something that was always possible technically, even in clasisc. Mobs with legitimate AEs would tear pets up.

I could see the concern considering 10 mages could probably down the AoW, even if he was 1 rounding pets 80% of the time.

Also pets were kinda OP here pre-kunark, even more than live a bit I'd wager. My damn shaman pet was parsing 35 dps in sky when given 2 weapons and buffed. That was more than rogues for the most part.
Last edited by koros; 02-18-2014 at 04:14 PM..