Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Never played SWG really, but aren't there player created cities/outposts? That alone has me intrigued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Kobold

might give it a try to see if id play when it launches on live, for now im playing oogei and grouped in MM!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Aviak

Default Never Played

I have never played SWG. So with that in mind, how much of not having a classic experience affect my enjoyment of game?
Old 02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played SWG really, but aren't there player created cities/outposts? That alone has me intrigued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are. Players can place pre-styled houses of various sizes, number of floorplans, and type of house (small/medium/large, floorplan 1/2, naboo/coronet/tatooine style). Players can build a guild hall, a much larger house meant for creating and housing a guild. Guilds can also place down City Halls, and develop a player based city with most of the amenities of a regular town, with a few notable exceptions.

However, note that currently, most planets are full of cities, as every player can have 10 characters. For this reason, a single player is capable of maintaining their own city, and so the server is very packed in terms of cities. But, nevertheless, there is room to build a house, and you can even join some cities. Cities tend to want more players, as each character can declare 1 Residence, and if you declare Residence on a property in a town, then you can vote, and each vote the town mayor gets per election cycle (a month), is more Politician Experience for them, which lets them place down more advanced structures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebeh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never played SWG. So with that in mind, how much of not having a classic experience affect my enjoyment of game?
In terms of the classic experience of SWG: If you want to play the combat game, you'll be fine and have a good time. If you want to be an entertainer, you'll be out-botted by people with AFK toons. If you want to be a Doctor, you can do so reasonably. If you want to be an Artisan, good fucking luck.

I have enjoyed my time in it, and it is definitely a game worth playing.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

So...let's just assume I went Pistoleer Fencer, how long do I have to play to get a Krayt pearl genosian blaster to eye shot people with?

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Kobold

when do they plan on launch?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So...let's just assume I went Pistoleer Fencer, how long do I have to play to get a Krayt pearl genosian blaster to eye shot people with?
Depends on how good of one you want. The big money weapons are primarily T21s, Jawa Rifles, and Scythes.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

I'd be interested, but definitely not on that server. Sounds like shit. Would only go if it were like it was in it's prime with people who care about the quality and health of the server to the same extent that Bog, Rog and friends do here. Completely deters me from caring to play on that server just hearing all of that nonsense.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Confused by the back and forth going on here would love some concrete evidence of how the server will be come launch
Old 02-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Just mastered Pikeman yesterday, whoop!
Closed Thread