Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SG is all sorts of broke if it is the same as it was last month.

You can't jump onto land to memblur water-bound mobs. They resist a ton. They hit about 1.5x harder than they should. They're all immune to root/snare (a check I didn't think was in at this point of Velious).

I was hoping it would be my new Kedge. But alas :/.
Is that actually broken? SG was nerfed down a few times on Live. It was pretty damn rough the first few months of Velious.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

It got nerfed a lot sooner than that, as early as a month into Velious I think. Same for the original Velketors with the spiders that proc'd a ridiculous poison.

Nerfed versions should probably be in from the get go, would be a lot of work just to use the original versions of those zones for a month or two.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Those mobs shouldn't have a root/snare immunity flag. Nothing should pre-October 2001 I don't think? Since that's when they added unslowable and unmezzable tags.

They should drop aggro if they are a swordfish/seahorse given you jump on land. Currently they just ghost up and continue hitting you.

Most of the 2001 quotes put mobs hitting around 150s there. On beta I was seeing 220 very often.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

SG pathing is still in the works I think. But other than that, when I looked into notes pretty thoroughly I saw that the original version of SG sounds like what we have on beta. Shit's like level 52-56, varies from "very resistant" to "wtfmyspells?!", hits for over 200, etc. It wasn't until a few months after Velious release that much of the trash in the zone had their levels dropped so that a lot of the zone didn't summon anymore, resists were less insane, and stuff hit for 180ish like the level 50ish trash mobs in the other Velious dungeons do.

Comments in March mentioning the first mobs in the zone hitting for 200+: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...98356470925158

Comments in July (though nerf was sooner than that, not sure when exactly) talking about the zone after nerfs: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...99545699743813
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-09-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Selling fake MQs, best cash camp ever.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

that elemental ds in SG, was not expecting that on my first run through.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers will make bank tracking griffins in EW for shawl questers.
Shawl is worthless without eighth
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SG is all sorts of broke if it is the same as it was last month.

You can't jump onto land to memblur water-bound mobs. They resist a ton. They hit about 1.5x harder than they should. They're all immune to root/snare (a check I didn't think was in at this point of Velious).

I was hoping it would be my new Kedge. But alas :/.
Original SG on live was bad ass. Stuff hit for 200+, and were immune to snare, super resistant.

There was a patch that made it a lot more friendly, and I think it was same patch that leveled up Velks mobs and removed their poison (except hunters). Originally, velks mobs were mid 30s but as hard as they were after the revamp.
Last edited by Alanus; 07-09-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

WHEN IS VELIOUS COMING OUT GUYS IM SO ANXIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shawl is worthless without eighth
1FT isn't to be scoffed at. Unless you either intend to poopsock King Tormax or Dozekar or Tunare... Or unless you play on a custom server where your guild is the only large entity and you don't have anyone vying for your mobs.

FT2 boots or Dozekar FT1 mask/range/shield or Tunare FT3 ear are only things that would get me to drop Shawl7.

And I cant log on for most of the hours these mobs are killed. Only ForumQuest :/.
Closed Thread