Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prices are insane because blues economy is so insanely inflated with platinum and items.

Also people sell those on red but not for nearly as much, and it's infinitely easier to get an epic on any class. Pure greed [lol] and an underground RMT market drive blues MQ epic prices.
Mr. Fungi thief, would please you mind not slandering our server on this board? We're not allowed to do it to you here.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else find it hilarious how much the red players post over here on blue? Even their forum is dead..
Old 10-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Orc

The epic result was never intended to be this common on Live, not even by half. It kind of takes the glory out of it. It's amazing (rather disappointing) these are even FOR sale.

We've been stalled in Kunark for so long, it's become trivial.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Orc

its not simple supply and demand that creates crazy pricing either, its that some folks are so connected/rich they can sit there forever with an insane price for things and never budge due to a near monopoly on certain mobs/content. Is what it is.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Kobold

RMT + MQ/Epic farmers selling plat....

infinite loop
Last edited by chuggy; 10-20-2014 at 04:24 AM..
Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Orc

Are epic MQ’s too expensive? .. yes, no .. maybe. It’s a market economy so, if this is the way you want to complete this quest, then you pay what you can afford, or you go without. Pretty simple equation really. Epic MQ’s are classic.

Back in the day (2001), when I did my first epic on my main character on live, it was quested and completed with only the assistance of my guild. The sense of achievement from doing this quest .. the risk v reward … made it one of the best quests I have ever been involved in, and the ability to share that with my guildmates (as well as sharing their similar accomplishments) really made for a memorable period in EQ. To this day I still remember fondly the camps, the turn ins, the rare drops, finally achieving the goal. It was fun!

Fast forward to 2014 on P99. Sure, we are all playing a 15 year old elf sim, however reliving the “good old days” is one of the reasons we all play. Class epics quests are still one of (if not the most) crowning quest achievements any player can complete. Whilst I am sure I could farm the plat required to buy my epic .. I just don’t want to. I want to curse and swear at rare spawns .. I want to bore myself shedless camping greens for quest drops .. I want to feel the thrill of killing the boss mobs required to complete this quest, and I want to share this with my guildmates. I want to do it .. not buy it. If I wanted pay-to-win I would still be playing EQLive.

From my perspective the issue is not that these are too expensive, it’s more that they are seen as a way to farm plat. We all know that numerous epics are cockblocked poopsocked or whatever term you want to use by plat farmers that are not there for the quest or glory, they are simply there to farm plat. Whilst I am not yet at the stage that I need one of these mobs to complete my epic .. I am close enough to realise that even if I turn up with a group of guildmates ready to kill said spawn .. I will have another player standing in my way demanding I pay him for the privilege. Not the way that I .. or I assume most of the server .. want to complete their epic quest. This whole process feeds the RMT market which goes along way to spoiling the game experience for all of us.

I am assuming that during Velious many of the epic mobs will change to triggered spawns, and I assume this will relieve some of the issues. However it is likely that this will simply move the toll gates to a different part of the epic quest … some players on this server are very good at making sure they get their pocket full of plat.

How to fix it? .. absolutely no idea. Smarter minds than mine can surely come up with a way of allowing players that wish to quest the ability to do so.

/rant off.
Where the Aussies Hangout
Closed Thread