Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Endgame is retarded on server regardless of whether there are more rules less rules whatever. There is simply not enough content for a server that is this top heavy. There would need to be significant changes that would be "not classic" in order for the raid scene to not suck, in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

The only way everybody would be happy is a rotation only blue server and a bare minimum rules blue server (no ninja looting, no ksing). As blue is now, you're basically trying to make MLB play on the same field as a bar softball league simultaneously.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endgame is retarded on server regardless of whether there are more rules less rules whatever. There is simply not enough content for a server that is this top heavy. There would need to be significant changes that would be "not classic" in order for the raid scene to not suck, in my opinion.
Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and patience... that is all.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and patience... that is all.
I honestly think people are going to be severely disappointed with what the server is like with Velious release, the only change is that peoples tears are going to be frozen
Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way everybody would be happy is a rotation only blue server and a bare minimum rules blue server (no ninja looting, no ksing). As blue is now, you're basically trying to make MLB play on the same field as a bar softball league simultaneously.
I've said it plenty of times but the majority of class R guilds would support a new blue server with /movelog operating in the fashion of the current rotation system. 15k for kids with cancer will pail in comparison to fundraising to get a new server.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Icwydt^
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll try to keep the positive flow going and hope for the best for all things.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Case in point, I remember the same argument being made for Kunark when all we had was the pre-expansion game. The nonstop issues P1999 encounters with its high-end scene seem to me like a case study highlighting why newer games tend to make liberal use of instancing.

If you don't want to "sock," then don't. I don't. Heck I'd immediately disband from any guild that expected me to do so. It means I don't get those shiny pixels, but so what? No high end video game loot in return for not hating the time I spend online seems a good trade to me. Alternately, it should be remembered that every single person "socking" spawns is there because he wants to and chooses to be there.

If you don't want a full rotation, and don't want instancing, and essentially don't want anything that can stop this behavior, then you get this behavior. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-28-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Banned

Play red

There is NO WAY pvp is worse than this if you give it a chance

I personally couldn't take it anymore
Old 10-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Why don't we try some rules they did on live? We're at the point where you guys just keep lapping on rule after rule after freaking rule. Screwing up the classic sandbox experience.

Myself, and nearly all the longtime players never envisioned a slew of ridiculous rules when we started back in 2009-2011. I'm sure the new players don't think it's good either. There are tons of rules and limitations in new MMO's these days. Why are terrible new concepts being incorporated into something that is supposed to bring about a classic feel.
Last edited by Clark; 10-28-2014 at 11:53 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play red

There is NO WAY pvp is worse than this if you give it a chance

I personally couldn't take it anymore
Good point, thread closed?
Closed Thread