Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar are clearly in the lead on style points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second only to halfling.
This
Old 06-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there.
How does Ogre compare to Iksar in Velious for Warrior? will Iksar overtake Ogre as the best race? Thanks.
Iksar are the master race.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

I have an ever expanding friends list of deleted Kelor characters from him deleting and rerolling every time you guys post a contrary opinion. I'd like to see how many times he will end up rerolling... and with that in mind:

Iksar is clearly the better choice for warrior since both ogre and Iksar can max stamina with velious gear. Warriors are tanks first and foremost, and the iksar AC bonus and HP regen adds up to a noticeable advantage over time. Your avoidances still work while stunned, so Iksar consistently carries the advantage in taking damage even if they do a little less.

The best warrior race is of course Ogre. The frontal stun immunity helps to make sure you're always facing the mob and can adjust your positioning if needed (don't you hate spinning while stunned if you were moving when it hit?), plus it means more DPS and thus more agro. Ogre starts with 60str and 52 stamina more than the Iksar - Even in velious this is a major advantage. It will take a very long time to have BiS gear on the Iksar that equalizes this advantage.

Everyone knows that Dark Elf is the best warrior race. Stats aren't a big deal because Velious gear is loaded with stats. What matters is the small size, sneak and hide! You can afk in dangerous spots and split like a monk while looking cooler than all the other race warriors.

I wonder if he'll still reroll three times if all the opinions are in the same post...

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

All the cool kids play iksar warriors.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 AM
Large Bat

I rolled a barbarian warrior because the woman I was cybering when I was 18 thought my Halfling warrior was ugly.

True story. Not ashamed. Totally cybered.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone knows that Dark Elf is the best warrior race. Stats aren't a big deal because Velious gear is loaded with stats. What matters is the small size, sneak and hide! You can afk in dangerous spots and split like a monk while looking cooler than all the other race warriors.

I wonder if he'll still reroll three times if all the opinions are in the same post...
For what its worth only Halfling (and cats on the moon!) can sneak.

Stupid elves only know how to hide (all they're good for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Old 06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

I can't believe that NONE of you really know what the master warrior race is. For shame.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacWhisper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled a barbarian warrior because the woman I was cybering when I was 18 thought my Halfling warrior was ugly.

True story. Not ashamed. Totally cybered.
Ahh, EQ cybering havent we all been there! I was a half elf though and she didnt think I was ugly, she even sent me poems with screenshots of my character attached. Don't think my other half would appreciate me re-enacting that aspect of classic EQ though.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

I rolled a barb war because they look cool and still have good stats, plus I can bank in FP and train in Kelethin.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Majority of the Warders, as you probably recall, can be done with two or three clerics and single tank, not needing to rotate Defensives. Very easy to slow, if memory serves we used a pause 80 CH rotation for the first three, and pulled him to a spot where everyone but the tank dodged the AoEs with simple '/gu GET OUT GET OUT' '/gu GET IN GET IN' macros etc. Very NToV-ish. Loot pinatas essentially, as I believe was the intent with lore to support.

It's interesting you bring up Dain though. Dain is a boss I remember fondly, despite getting real sick of killing him 3-5 times a week. He famously spawned as two different versions - one hitting much harder than the other. I believe the easy version quadded around 400 and the hard 650? He's not all that difficult, in fact he's one of the first "true" Velious raid bosses most people do (Klandicar and Wuoshi don't count[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and do very often because of his highly valued loot: head, hammer & to a degree, shield. it's kind of a shock to do at first because the fight is very lengthy, one of the longest in Velious, and one of the first mobs where you've got to deal with Rampage for a long time. It's also the first fight I remember doing with a "strategy" and the difficulties dealing with the fact he banishes every 30 seconds, rather than AEing, and so you had to pre-set Ramp targets and let your tank build a large aggro lead so he would be summoned back to Dain in the pit immediately upon banishment, rather than 32king or him turning and dunking hybrids and then summoning clerics upon MT banishment, and having to deal with an insta-repop linked add who CH'd him. Also the first raid boss I recall to use the "immune to attack speed slowing effects" tag. Maybe Derakor though.

I distinctly recall our initial Dain strat involved monks with Stonestance, and the first kill being nearly a half hour. Those were the days, truly. Many a Frostreaver handed to local appreciative raid loot garbage can and rival-guild tear collector, Gage.
wasn't it something like Dain 350 and 425?
Closed Thread