Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which was a better box.
VZTZ 60 64.52%
Red99 33 35.48%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

It is sort of amusing to me that almost every person says they like VZTZ better, but when a devn00b/image box comes out there are like 25 of us a month in. RoZ would have been awesome with even half the population of this server, let alone 200+ peak times.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

cus the shit boxes that try to be vz/tz are always riddled with bugs and unplayable dog shit
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VZTZ pre-kunark.

I've always thought these servers suffer when you add more expansion zones. There's never going to be a large enough population to support the sprawling 5-mile long Kunark/Velious outdoor areas.

I like pvp. I fought people a lot more often on VZTZ. That's classic, to me. That's how TZ was. You fought other players over zones and loot. You could do that on VZTZ.

R99 has much better code/security/staff, but I probably spent ~200 hours here grinding exp and maybe ~3 hours in pvp (not for lack of trying). On paper it seems like it'd be true to a classic red experience, but I found that not to be the case.
most accurate assessment so far
Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

vztz because I could get away with hacking
Old 01-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is sort of amusing to me that almost every person says they like VZTZ better, but when a devn00b/image box comes out there are like 25 of us a month in. RoZ would have been awesome with even half the population of this server, let alone 200+ peak times.
I still dont get why devnoob box dont get much attention since it has everything everyone is asking for . quick exp , velious, dualbox and classic items ( manastone , DE mask etc etc )
Old 01-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

You couldnt hide on vztz.

the /who all <insert zone> showed who was in that zone even if they were anonymous so it was easy to see where people were
Old 01-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still dont get why devnoob box dont get much attention since it has everything everyone is asking for . quick exp , velious, dualbox and classic items ( manastone , DE mask etc etc )
I cant explain it but it doesnt have that feeling of accomplishment/character development that red does.

Its more like a FPS shooting game than a MMORPG, to me at least
Old 01-11-2016, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynraven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom client. people like to swap back and forth without any hassle to test the waters and they can't. among other reasons..

devnoob now requires custom .exe files to be used, R99 has some custom files, but they are not essential changes like devnoobs version that disrupts playing on other servers as far as I know.

Unless this changed, it annoys people and prevents them from even dicking around on that server. It was pretty unpopular to do a client change like this...

Get rid of the .exe modifcation like it used to be, and maybe some people would be open to future boxes.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 01-11-2016 at 07:57 AM..
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Aviak

well, at least devnoobs box was 100% pvp oriented, you can port around pretty easily to hunt people down and you get rewarded for actually going out and hunt peeps down. on red I went from 0 to 50 without encountering any sort of pvp
Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom client. people like to swap back and forth without any hassle.

devnoob requires custom files, like R99, but its an entirely different type of modification where you can't switch between R99 and devnoobs server.

Unless this changed, it annoys people and prevents them from even dicking around on that server. It was pretty unpopular...
well , every servers around have custom client files. installing eq + custom client files takes like 2 min. People are lazy to take 3 min to install a new files but they can set up the clock at 4am to raid something? I dont get it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread