Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomish Elite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, sounds game-breakingly better. I guess mage it is haha.
To push back on this a little, I just want to point out that its very unlikely to matter much for grouping (conventionally) or raiding. It's really only in soloing or "combos" that you are likely to miss the regeneration.

So by the time you are late enough in the game for the starting stats to be trivial, you will probably end up grouping and raiding most your time. Before then, Iksar starting stats are kind of bad, it sucks to be KoS everywhere (especially on a no boxing server), and their regeneration isn't even that good until their 50s or something.

All that being said, it is really cool for soloing to have regeneration. I have a necro and it is Iksar. But I had plenty of pp to twink him out, and deal with the research problem Iksar have (no free research like every other race). I didn't have to worry about the small amount of pp lost selling stuff to vendors etc.. It would be a lot harder for a lizard starting from scratch.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-27-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Old 05-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Orc

Thanks again all. I've done some homework and landed on a high elf mage. Are there any advantages of worshipping a god or should I just go agnostic?
Old 05-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Skeleton

generally being agnostic is a good call, but if you follow Tunare you will be able to use
http://wiki.project1999.com/Chord_of_Vines
Old 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

There might be some Velious quests (plane of growth?) as well as cultural blacksmithed armor pieces a Tunare High Elf could access. It's not like High Elves will be welcome in any evil zones or outposts regardless of what they do so you might as well go for a god.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Banned

Tunare wouldn't be bad. It's nice not to be KoS in Plane of Growth and to be able to do those easy quests. I don't think there is anything that hates Tunare worshipers but is cool with agnostic high elves. They tend to overlap.

Edit: I think there would be very few situations it would matter. But Tunare would probably make you unwelcome to all evil casters. Where as if you were agnostic, you could probably go to any non-Dark Elf evil caster hub like Paineel or East Freeport just fine. Its far more convenient to be good anyway.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-28-2016 at 01:54 PM..
Old 05-28-2016, 06:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisenhemier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
generally being agnostic is a good call, but if you follow Tunare you will be able to use
http://wiki.project1999.com/Chord_of_Vines
Oh that looks pretty nice
Old 05-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare wouldn't be bad. It's nice not to be KoS in Plane of Growth and to be able to do those easy quests. I don't think there is anything that hates Tunare worshipers but is cool with agnostic high elves. They tend to overlap.

Edit: I think there would be very few situations it would matter. But Tunare would probably make you unwelcome to all evil casters. Where as if you were agnostic, you could probably go to any non-Dark Elf evil caster hub like Paineel or East Freeport just fine. Its far more convenient to be good anyway.
Alright I'll likely go Tunare then. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There might be some Velious quests (plane of growth?) as well as cultural blacksmithed armor pieces a Tunare High Elf could access. It's not like High Elves will be welcome in any evil zones or outposts regardless of what they do so you might as well go for a god.
Good point. Tunare it is!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

As first char I suggest druid (free unlimited cash from ports), necro (charm solo to 60 easily), enc (steep learning curve but so rewarding in groups and solo).

Mage is great but quickly loses power compared to the mobs unless you get epic - used to be very hard on blue 99, I don't know about now. Even then, solo wise it loses to most other classes unless you farm low level trash lile Droga or Gazughi ring etc.
Having played Mage I'd say it's the hardest caster class to play because your toolbox is so little (but has a big epic hammer).
Old 05-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomish Elite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome! Thank you. I'll probably avoid the bad faction headache and go good Mage unless anybody can persuade me otherwise. Thanks for the tips.
Mages suck. Go enchanter, necromancer, or wizard.
Closed Thread