Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like a newbie for asking but what is RMT'ing?
Real money trading. When you trade currency/goods/services OUTSIDE the game for in-game pixels of any kind. Basically profiting off the hard, volunteer work of the server staff.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a toon named "Amazonprime" is dropping items on the ground worth tens of thousand of plat, you take one of those items under obvious shady circumstances and wonder why your account got banned?

Sorry but no sympathy here.
Lol, I would have picked them up too. If someone that I have zero attachment too wants to give me nice things, wouldn't it be rude to refuse? And I'm sorry but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on things like this. He did nothing wrong. Amazonprime might have been doing this under shady circumstances, cleaning out somebody else's char, ragequitting, etc. But if he is purposely dropping items, and not doing so in an attempted ground transfer, how can you blame someone for picking them up?

I understand how this could be viewed as possible RMT.... But so could transferring an item for a friend....
Old 11-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I would have picked them up too. If someone that I have zero attachment too wants to give me nice things, wouldn't it be rude to refuse? And I'm sorry but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt on things like this. He did nothing wrong. Amazonprime might have been doing this under shady circumstances, cleaning out somebody else's char, ragequitting, etc. But if he is purposely dropping items, and not doing so in an attempted ground transfer, how can you blame someone for picking them up?

I understand how this could be viewed as possible RMT.... But so could transferring an item for a friend....
If someone running away from a bank wearing a president mask holding a gun dropped $500K on the street, would you just pick it up and keep on walking, then say to yourself, "Hey.... This must be my lucky day!" ???
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess that's the difference though, this stuff was just dropped freely?
I'm super confused ...

Is it against the rules to pick up or be given items ?

Is it against the rules to buy an item for a low price ?

I mean it sounds like I should just earn my gear from kills / quests, because I dont know much about prices and items, I just look for good deals when people sell shit in EC. And I guess at that I shouldn't accept any gear that people want to give me.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Last edited by plasma1010; 11-09-2017 at 12:31 PM..
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone running away from a bank wearing a president mask holding a gun dropped $500K on the street, would you just pick it up and keep on walking, then say to yourself, "Hey.... This must be my lucky day!" ???
I understand the sentiment, but you got to take into account the context of what you are comparing. One is RL money, the other imaginary items (pixels) that are left on the ground in a game.

Granted I would be very suspicious if I see bags, picked them up and found a Hiero Cloak etc. The problem is, as soon as you would ask, "did anyone drop a bag with a hierophant cloak?" you'd get bombarded by liars saying they dropped the bag.

I don't know what the correct answer here is. Often times people DO drop things they no longer want. I never see someone drop mid tier to high tier items though, because if they really wanted someone to get them for free they wouldn't just drop them on the ground. Why? Because we all know items poof, and if it poofed no one would get it.

Yeah, if you find a bag with high tier items in it, better drop it back on the ground I guess heh. Who needs plats anyway? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people are dropping hiero cloaks I need to spend more time in the tunnel!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Banned

TBH, I’m a part of this blanket ban as well - it must be the same guy. He was a guildie who was quitting for Agnarr a while back - he logged on his monk and tried to give me everything he had equipped. He had a necro parked in the EC Tunnel - he was on discord saying “hey I’m taking off for Agnarr, who wants my X, Y and Z.” Being in the Hydra chat, I was like - hell yeah, that torpor grind is real, I’m gonna take a few items, why not?! The story I got was: he logged back in and wanted his items back, and it looks like you received them on such-and-such a date, can you explain this? I told the story and said dude can have whatever he wants, it wasn’t mine originally! Hell, he can have my plat too if it means I can play my dudes again sooner (Still banned tho while they investigate).

I’ve also met people on P99 who do things like login to Rivervale on their 60 necro and just distribute stacks of velious gems to lowbies and guard killers (it happened to a few of us a few months ago, read far enough back on the p99 reddit and you’ll see my post about it, my buddy got stacks of flawless gems for porting and buffing the guy for 2 hours)). I also recall winning something like 10k during an EC creative writing competition. P99 has been out for ages, and there is a large player base of people who are sitting on massive amounts of “stuff.” Not everyone is a pixel hoarder, and people do nice things. I must have given away 20 pair of GEBs during my grind to 60 in Sol B to newbies, guildies, whoever wanted a pair of gold shoes. Who has the time to sit in EC and /auc 20x items that are hardly worth 1k? I know I don’t want to play that way in my free time.

I can see that since it’s a free server, there are strict rules surrounding what can be conducted. As they are consented to use licensed product, keeping an eye on the RMT scene is paramount in the quest to keep it f2p and ffa. If they get busted making money on borrowed pixels, that’s RL lawyerquest.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real money trading. When you trade currency/goods/services OUTSIDE the game for in-game pixels of any kind. Basically profiting off the hard, volunteer work of the server staff.
Ahhhhh ok
Old 11-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like a newbie for asking but what is RMT'ing?
It is the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport workers in the United Kindom of the British Isles and Northern Ireland.

Their union action keeps the rail staff well paid, but they are unpopular due to the havoc wreaked by their disruptive actions.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/home/
Old 11-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread