Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ZEM
LOIO - 60 (80%)
Swamp of No Hope - 75 (100%)
Field of Bone - 75 (100%)
Kurn's Tower - 150 (200%)

IIRC, LOIO technically has newbie yard trash, but not enough to sustain more than a few people. Also ZEM sucks.

Kurn's is going to be the real crush of people. Double the exp for killing the same mobs.

The real play is to take your baby Iksar to your favorite old world newbie zone. Hook him up with enough food/water and spells, if needed, to not have to bank.
on retail lake of ill omen by the windmill had a thousand mobs

on titanium / p99 it has like 15

the goblin broken buildings are packed as well, that area could support at least 50 people 15-25ish
Old 10-12-2020, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only if it's limited to original Teal players.

Those of us who knew merge would happen soon and got easy /list camps would like another go at it.
There was a lot more to teal than this.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

This all depends if they adjust ZEM like they did in the classic zones back in March.
If they do that for Kunark, the server can sustain 2000 people. The outdoor zones being bumped up to 100 ZEM (+33%) like all outdoor zones in classic would be a good start.

The Green ZEM that was adjusted back in March gave us a 4 tiered ZEM system basically.

1. Ultra High ZEM [150+] in vastly unused dungeons (Perma,Kedge,Paw,Runneye,Gorge,CT)
2. High ZEM [110-125] in other "regular" or unused dungeons (Befallen,BB,Najena,SolA,UGuk,QA,CB,HHK,Unrest)
3. Outdoor/City ZEM [100] (+33% of old outdoor normal across the board)
4. Low ZEM [<100] in dungeons with the good loot (LGuk,Solb,Mistmoore)

If they go the same route for Kunark. I would see them keeping all the current dungeon ZEMs where they are for the most part, most of the best loot zones in Kunark are 85 ZEM, basically the "dungeon" standard besides a few of them and basically match SolB and LGuk ZEMs. There are a few execptions likely to unchange though -- like LOIO. If you put 100 ZEM in LOIO whoever got bloodgills would rocket their way to the mid 50s due to how ridiculous that camp is, just an example.

Something like this if they adjust it is reasonable and would help with population, some zones are already in bonuses that fall into the new classic zem system:

1. [150+] ZEM - Kurns,+Droga, Hole (already confirmed the Hole is 150 by March update)
2. [110-125] ZEM - Kaesora,+Dalnir, +Nurga
3. [100] Outdoor/City
4. [<100] Value Loot Dungeons (Seb,HS,CoM,KC,Chardok)

Having outdoor get a moderate buff makes pretty much every zone viable though.

I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

kERRA Island?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bring back teal for launch, too many people and not enough pixels to be shared
consider blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. [<100] Value Loot Dungeons (Seb,HS,CoM,KC,Chardok)
CoM feels like one of the few dungeons that is legitimately popular because it's fun and not because it has an overly high exp mod. I could see it being in the bottom tier but if they're upping the outdoor mods for us (crossing fingers) I'd still like to see CoM stay a viable popular exp spot for the sake of Shamans doing epic faction. It is one of the few dungeons you'll actually ever find bards in too, so I've had some great groups there.

That said you can #4 Value Loot CoM to hell and back if Sarnak Fort and Goblin Ruins in LoIO become viable exp spots on Green.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

Blue sucks
Old 10-13-2020, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Having outdoor get a moderate buff makes pretty much every zone viable though.
For sure. I love solo and small group play, so I've been loving the outdoor ZEMs since the change. Really reduces congestion in popular zones, and you don't feel bad when grinding spots that aren't optimal because the difference is much smaller now.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure. I love solo and small group play, so I've been loving the outdoor ZEMs since the change. Really reduces congestion in popular zones, and you don't feel bad when grinding spots that aren't optimal because the difference is much smaller now.
Totally -- it's not AMAZING like the big ZEM zones but having outdoor zones be 25% less XP than like upper guk and sol a is so much better than having them be nearly half as good. If you manage to find an outdoor zone with the new 100 ZEM and combine it with blue cons that are very high level , like 2-3 levels below you, the XP is quite good.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

I find lower guk on green to be a bummer: max level players farming nameds, no pick up groups. I think it's worth seriously reconsidering whether this is actually preferable to having the loot camps be highly sought after by leveling groups.

Separating the best loot camps from the fastest xp camps to spread people out seems like a good idea, but I think the current ZEM difference is too much; instead of spreading leveling groups it separates leveling from farming, and the game play experience of "I'll go back and camp my hooded black cloak solo when the camp is brain-dead easy and I'll have to stand in line behind another max level player doing the same" is shit.
Closed Thread