Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

For the Nilbog Map it seems like freeport should probably just be a east side city, and the battle surrounds freeport and mostly happens around there and in the swamp.

The geological split is a surprisingly good fit for the game.

Iksars can either just never happen (f u iksars) or be the split race similar to humans. Or be given entirely to the team that is getting obliterated at the end of vanilla.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Banned

Solving the problem of fixing EQ pvp without breaking stuff or changing to much could also be something minor. Lootable pvp coins, from pvp, in exchange for 1 hour pvp immunity or something, for raiding.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

A challenge with that is high level PVP often involves NPC's and if players were PVP immune than they would get PVE dragged on them, intentionally or otherwise.

I don't think we need to make a perfect system, just one that will be fun for a while given some basic constraints of how everquest works.

I think nilbogs solution with sullon zek rules is pretty robust, with Iksars up in the air.

Or we use verants solution and just do item loot rallos zek FFA rules.

I'm ready for something.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Banned

I'd have to try it to find out. Its not too far out there. If EQ exists forever, and that is a randomly generated pvp server, I would probably play it. Also speaking of balance. Correct me if I am wrong, but there were 3 times that there was never a chance to beat an overwelming guild in pvp and they either lost interest or stopped ruling over others. So maybe just red 2.0 copy and pasted would be fine.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

There is no way to have perfect balance, someone is going to get ahead and hold on till they fall apart, or the server ends, or whatever.

But some imbalance can be avoided. In Vexenu's example he had a team consisting of humans, barbarians, erudites, and half elfs. Those are some of the least played races in the game, and 3 of 4 of them are blind and severely disadvantaged on P99 now.

We can avoid that kind of imbalance.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:06 PM
Banned

Or like, Guild only last for a year and a half, and then are erased. And a new guild can only have 50 percent of the old guild allowed.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:14 PM
Banned

I agree, like others have said I think its mostly a lore thing. But EQ is still good as it is. I'm sure if there was a contest of all melee get gate but casters dont but do more damage, and the first guild to kill 1,000 people in skyshrine wins, I think it would be cool to try for a bit. But I wouldn't be all up in protest at best buy, telling everyone they ruined my game, because they changed the lore of the game. (I guess that wasn't a lore example.) But lore is cool and may matter at this point in my life, not sure.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Banned

Sorry for triple post. What I meant by EQ is still good the way it is, meant that minor changes to pvp like that would be ok. It wasn't meant to sound too negative towards the idea. I was trying to support it while also saying lore may be a factor for me personally as an individual. I have the memory of a gold fish so I probably meant to work that in somewhere but I forgot.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if when God made the universe Satan was like, this is unbalanced, and God was like that's the point, and Satan was like this is bullshit and so he went off to make wow and trick us all to join that terrible universe I mean server!
Old 12-22-2020, 09:30 PM
Banned

Wow seems balanced in a very bland way. Like no resist gear (haven't played in ages.) I know they did back in the day. But its like Wow was made bland in a very tricky way that on the surface you say, "Why don't they have blank." and someone says a quick response. But then you have to find out the details. If I didn't have brain damage Wow pvp might even be fun but wow pve often feels just like pretending to enjoy horrible algebra while at an awesome concert. But the music is modern rap.
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 12-22-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Closed Thread