Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I think folks are kinda missing the point on these Symbol quests being around. The first one released was the Dark Elf Necklace: Right click clinging darkness (rawr!). It was released around the same time as Paineel came out if memory serves correct (I did research, but that was over a year ago...). Anywho, since it was in that early, and we went live with Paineel open I stuck them in. Now, The big thing was that they came out in stages (And some were never completed, Brell!), couple here, couple there, blah blah blah. I stuck all of them in at the same time.

So, overall, some are classic, some aren't classic. They became classic by proxy due to the concept beating Paineel's release. That and picking and choosing what got included when these quests weren't part of patch notes was a HUGE pain.

I'll re-read this thread on my off, see what I can do to get them rolling like their supposed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think folks are kinda missing the point on these Symbol quests being around. The first one released was the Dark Elf Necklace: Right click clinging darkness (rawr!). It was released around the same time as Paineel came out if memory serves correct (I did research, but that was over a year ago...). Anywho, since it was in that early, and we went live with Paineel open I stuck them in. Now, The big thing was that they came out in stages (And some were never completed, Brell!), couple here, couple there, blah blah blah. I stuck all of them in at the same time.

So, overall, some are classic, some aren't classic. They became classic by proxy due to the concept beating Paineel's release. That and picking and choosing what got included when these quests weren't part of patch notes was a HUGE pain.

I'll re-read this thread on my off, see what I can do to get them rolling like their supposed too.
Well if it wasn't classic, then it wasn't classic. What about the other initiate/disciple/warden quests for other deities? Are THEY classic? And if not, are they in-game currently?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Way to completely miss the point of his post.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well I'll be. It does appear that this *might* indeed have come in around Velious or even shortly thereafter (but it was pre-Luclin).

From Alla's entry of the final quest (Tunare Warden) - ...

Quote:
Entered: Tue Jun 5 08:45:09 2001
This doesn't prove anything - just that it was definitely in-game PRE-Luclin (but *possibly* not until after the Velious release). More likely I would guess the quest was there for a good 3-9 months before it was "discovered" and entered into Allakhazam.

Anyway, it's very unlikely that it was there during the original-trilogy. :/
Last edited by Malrubius; 05-26-2010 at 08:19 PM..
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if it wasn't classic, then it wasn't classic. What about the other initiate/disciple/warden quests for other deities? Are THEY classic? And if not, are they in-game currently?
Initially, there was the Tunare neck and the Innoruuk neck. I forget the first level of the DE one, but the Tunare one was like a short duration resist/regen thing. This was around the time that Sky was released. They added the 2nd level of those and added the first level of I think Tribunal and a couple more. Then they added the 3rd level of the Tunare and Inno one, the 2nd level of the others and the first level of a few more, this was around the time Paineel popped out. The last series came out about partway through Kunark but never finished the Brell line, and never even started several others. Brell was only completed during a GM event several years later on that premium server, and there was only one given out.

The very first necks roughly coincided with SolRo. I can't say they are "all" in the game, but I can say all the ones I knew about are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

And we are back to our current problem that the original post I made was about Aeolwind. The correct stage of this quest may be implemented in our game, but the MOB that allows us to complete the quest currently is borked. So while the availability of the resist neck ( buff is called Aloe something) which is the second neck might be working, no one is ever able to advance their neck to this stage since the necromancer does not spawn in lesserfaydark since the day/night issues have not been fixed, and no temp fix has been implemented to ignore day/night in lesserfaydark.

Thank you for responding and looking into this though, I appreciate every Tunarian druid in the community keeping this post active as I felt I was the only one doing it for the first couple times I posted it lol

Erati
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Bump. Any word on this? Anything we can do to further outline/simplify things? It seems like a relatively simple fix save for the script that spawns the courier, runs him, and despawns him. Even that should be rather short I'd hope!

+ Please make Larik Z`Vole rarely spawn at (588, 919) in Lesser Faydark only at night.
+ He must drop his head, but not every time.
+ Every time he dies a dark elf courier spawns somewhere neat the GFay zone and RUNS to the DE camp, apparently despawning shortly after he arrives.
+ The courier drops a crate and his head every(?) time.
+ Larik's head, Courier's head, Courier's crate, and the Initiate Symbol of Tunare turn in for the Disciple Symbol of Tunare

(I suspect the Disciple quest is implemented, just the two above NPCs do not spawn.)

Links to the 5 threads relating to this issue in the bug forum with much more info:

Tunare Warden-Warden Symbol of Tunare
Larik Z`Vole not spawning in LFay for Disciple Symbol of Tunare quest.
Two Mobs Currently Busted
Larik the Necromancer in Lesserfay
Larik Z`Vole spawning issue
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

I can tell you that the undead in Lfay currently do not respawn as ghasts, except for ONE. The Mummy beside the skeleton at the ruins will respawn as a ghast at night time. Whether it drops a heart or not, I can't say. I've only killed it twice.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Aviak

The trick to the ghasts is that they can also spawn as one of the other several, random undead spawns across the zone. Also they do drop hearts. I have the first necklace and another 4 to get a second #2 for the PR/DR buff.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

I'm aware, I killed so many that I can zip from skeleton to skeleton without the use of track. Of the ~300 undead I killed in the zone at nighttime, I never once saw a roaming skeleton repop as a ghast. Only the one at the pillar in the position mentioned. I'd believe it if my luck sucked that badly, but it's entirely possible this may be different from when you did yours for whatever the reason may be.
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-13-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Closed Thread