Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

cool, im glad you found a server that is right for you
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not playing on either of these shitboxes.

The fact that the already-diminished red population is currently split between two servers is retarded beyond description.

The only thing worse is that "Red69" managed to usurp most of this server's remaining playerbase in a day despite running inferior code and database. Maybe it's time we consider what they're offering over there that works? Catch up to the non-premier box in the normal servers list?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not playing on either of these shitboxes.

The fact that the already-diminished red population is currently split between two servers is retarded beyond description.

The only thing worse is that "Red69" managed to usurp most of this server's remaining playerbase in a day despite running inferior code and database. Maybe it's time we consider what they're offering over there that works? Catch up to the non-premier box in the normal servers list?
But I dont understand.

EZ69 has all the features you want and you claim has a higher population then red99, why arent you playing on it?

I bet you could even solo your meele there to 50 pretty fast, like you've always wanted to do.

Meanwhile back on red99, we are still here enjoying and appreciateing our authentic 1999 red server, even if its "harder". We dont mind.

Both communities can win, the ones that want the classic red experience, and those want prefer the "less challengeing" ez69 one.

I must say I am very shocked you are not playing ez69.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

I'm going to log on and summon Devnewb
Old 06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meanwhile back on red99, we are still here enjoying and appreciateing our authentic 1999 red server, even if its "harder". We dont mind.
What is authenic or challenging about the current experience exactly? The complete lack of pvp and player interaction?

And who is "we"? Who are you speaking for here - the 8 people logged on right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this server wasn't created for a small minority of carebears who want to exp grind by themselves while watching paint dry and occasionally licking a nearby window. The goal is to provide a classic red experience that most of the red playerbase can enjoy.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is authenic or challenging about the current experience exactly? The complete lack of pvp and player interaction?

And who is "we"? Who are you speaking for here - the 8 people logged on right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this server wasn't created for a small minority of carebears who want to exp grind by themselves while watching paint dry and occasionally licking a nearby window. The goal is to provide a classic red experience that most of the red playerbase can enjoy.
Join the rest of the world and just put him on ignore.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The goal is to provide a classic red experience that most of the red playerbase can enjoy.
Mission was acomplished in spades.

The only hitch in the plan was not foreseeing how butthurt the losing side would be.

Such a shame, in the real 1999 the vanquished had more of a backbone, oh well, thats the wow generation for you.

Server is awsome, the butthurt playerbase and wow-gereration "classicwannabees" are not.

Your problem, not ours or the devs.

Try ez69, I think everyone gets a trophy there.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

http://lonelyvirgil.tumblr.com/
Old 06-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mission was acomplished in spades.
Spades, carrots, rails, does anyone have a clue wut dude is talking about?
I thought this was a forum about everquest
Ps post count 666
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
But I dont understand.

EZ69 has all the features you want and you claim has a higher population then red99, why arent you playing on it?

I bet you could even solo your meele there to 50 pretty fast, like you've always wanted to do.

Both communities can win, the ones that want the classic red experience, and those want prefer the "less challengeing" ez69 one.

I must say I am very shocked you are not playing ez69.
to each his own but calling this an authentic server doesn't seem right imo. for one its emulated and two its running off titanium client. sure they try their best to emulate classic but emulating something isnt authentic. as far as this server being more challenging, I think that is incorrect too. there is nothing challenging about killing 13 year old mobs in 13 year old zones over and over. the only thing challenging about the grind is the challenge to find the time to do it. also a challenge to repeatedly kill the same mobs for hours on end without getting bored as hell. or it takes an hour to get a group going of the 2 hours you are alloted to play. get real man besides killing dragons there is no challenge when it comes to pve and killing dragons can be done charming fire giants with 14 people if you know how to do it.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 06-14-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Closed Thread