Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does your echo chamber always push you to chant the wrong things.

You know if an infant is born with hypospadias surgical repair is recommended because it affects fertility, sexual intercourse, cosmesis and even the ability to void comfortably.

In fact, if an infant is born with epispadias they will in some cases die without surgery to their genitals.

In extreme ambiguous genitalia issues a child will have a horrible adolescence or adult life without surgery to reconstruct or remove part of their genital(s).

Additionally were you aware that the testes descended after the first year? If they don't it is necessary to perform a laparoscopy surgery.

I bet you are thinking that isn't mutilation and perhaps requires a simple snip... only the testes are intro-abdominal. If cryptorchidism isn't fixed it affects fertility potential.

STRANGELY - Male circumcision has a host of benefits but isn't necessary and somehow the religious right is okay with this type of mutilation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You don't even have a background that remotely studied human anatomy. You are listening to right politicians trying to hype up their voter base in what will be one of the weakest turn outs in 2024.

You want to know why the republican party still backs Trump? Not because he is a strong candidate because they need any amount of number of diehard republicans to go to the polls to prevent the other branches of the government grossly going to the democrats (namely 66% in the senate).

By taking an issue like gender dysphoria that has been taking place more than a decade now (even during the Trump admin) GOP politicians are desperately trying to re-energize the Christian voter base. Saying it is against what God intended for his children. It has been going on for a while and the only Trans the Trump administration attacked during his administration was those in the army (disgustingly taking their medical benefits and their rights to serve away).

You aren't fighting the good fight you are falling in line baaaaaaa'ing on command as your party is further brainwashing you.
Wow that's all great man. I'm against sterilizing and mutilating *healthy* kids. Not kids with two-heads syndrome or whatever you're ranting about.

And yeah I'm against circumcision too, although one might argue it's slightly less invasive than sterilizing kids and cutting healthy breasts off confused teenage girls, ya know? Are you familiar with the expression "muddying the waters"?
Old 08-10-2023, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's great but you totally evaded the point. Did you wear a mask around old people before covid or no?

Your sniffles might have killed grandma, after all. Why do you even leave the house? You might have something asymptomatic that could kill a cancer patient shopping for groceries. What kind of monster are you?
Yea you're an illiterate moron, I didn't evade the point. Masking isn't necessary with the flu because 1. We have flu shots, 2. It isn't near as deadly as those first COVID waves, and 3. Flu spreads far more readily via fomites so masking isn't nearly as effective in a caregiver setting; COVID spreads primarily via droplet and N95 masking is and was effective to decrease transmission.

I'm talking about a very specific situation; early COVID pandemic, when the simply act of masking very much had the capacity to save elderly lives from a virus significantly more deadly than the flu to that specific population. It's not realistic to demand people mask otherwise.
Last edited by Lune; 08-10-2023 at 05:56 PM..
Old 08-10-2023, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention was totally cool with going around coughing COVID into geriatric faces during the pandemic. The appeal to the sanctity of body and life is hilarious in these people.
Technically if you have anything resembling covid symptoms, especially back in the day, you should get tested immediately

As long as this is followed, it does somewhat reduce the argument that vaccines prevent spread of the virus due to reducing symptoms….because someone testing should also be quarantining appropriately until test results are back, and obviously after, if positive

There really shouldn’t be any issues with this concept, because:

- I imagine every state has some version of drive up free testing and usually gives the result the next day or even same day

- every job is going to be ok with the person testing and quarantining, I think it would be borderline illegal to demand someone sick with covid to come into work

Especially because of this second reason, I’ve been tested for covid more than 10 different times at this point, and only tested positive once. I get tested any time I think I might have it, because I greatly look forward to getting paid to stay home for more than a week
Old 08-10-2023, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow that's all great man. I'm against sterilizing and mutilating *healthy* kids. Not kids with two-heads syndrome or whatever you're ranting about.

And yeah I'm against circumcision too, although one might argue it's slightly less invasive than sterilizing kids and cutting healthy breasts off confused teenage girls, ya know? Are you familiar with the expression "muddying the waters"?
This minor technicality justifies the whole she-bang. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The flu and the common cold are also extremely deadly to old people. I trust you were always wearing medical masks like a psycho to prevent giving grandma those ailments too or nah?

Here I'll even *give* you the consistent position: "Yes, ooloo, we should always wear masks around old people, even if covid didn't exist.". Just say that and stop looking retarded.
Amused [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if masks were so useless in medical situation in preventing infection, even before Covid, why use them in Bio-Pharma labs, during any type of surgery or even dental work.

I have been over this with you before even during Covid. Masks do work and they do reduce infection - in fact masks are more impactful if a person infected with Covid wears the mask - preventing a worsening spread of the virus.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea you're an illiterate moron, I didn't evade the point. Masking isn't necessary with the flu because 1. We have flu shots, 2. It isn't near as deadly as those first COVID waves, and 3. Flu spreads far more readily via fomites so masking isn't nearly as effective in a caregiver setting; COVID spreads primarily via droplet and N95 masking is and was effective to decrease transmission.

I'm talking about a very specific situation; early COVID pandemic, when the simply act of masking very much had the capacity to save elderly lives from a virus significantly more deadly than the flu to that specific population. It's not realistic to demand people mask otherwise.
Got it, so grandma can't catch the flu because it's easier for her to catch covid. Brilliant stuff.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amused [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if masks were so useless in medical situation in preventing infection, even before Covid, why use them in Bio-Pharma labs, during any type of surgery or even dental work.

I have been over this with you before even during Covid. Masks do work and they do reduce infection - in fact masks are more impactful if a person infected with Covid wears the mask - preventing a worsening spread of the virus.
At the very least it can be argued even if masks allowed all particles to pass through, they could slightly impair the frequency at which someone touches their own nose or mouth area

But I’ve heard such mixed reports on masks reg covid even from official sources, so I dunno. Their purpose I always believed was to prevent spreading your own covid to others, not guarding you from theirs
Old 08-10-2023, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Got it, so grandma can't catch the flu because it's easier for her to catch covid. Brilliant stuff.
You pulled that conclusion out of your ass lol

Complete illiterate.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Banned

You can always trust Ooloo to run away with the wrong take when he's been defeated by logic, it is his defense mechanism.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Oh also there's scant evidence that masks even prevent transmission. N95's somewhat do, if worn properly (IE the right size, fitted properly, on people without facial hair).

To say nothing of the fact that maybe grandma in the nursing home would rather just see her damn family during her final months of life than sit around in a state of paranoia so she might live an additional two months, alone. Ya know?
Closed Thread