Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

lol @ these nerds with 30+ posts in this thread already. Go do something productive with your time maybe?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I used to live in "downtown" East Lansing and it was almost not worth the convenience - noisy drunks, people throwing beer/liquor bottles and shit at my house... but I did have like a 90 second walk to class sometimes. I live a bit north of town now in a real quiet complex (with fast internet) and it's been nice.

I swear that like a year ago the sewer system in the downtown area came to smell SO bad that they like added something to it to try and mask the smell - now it smells like poop, vomit, AND gummi bears.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the bard exploits everyone (except me) has been using for months.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do not put words in my mouth. I have only participated in this thread a limited matter, and I specifically noted that I did not condemn or condone any actions.

this old man is annoying

youre on an emulated everquest forum

lets act like a lawyer / priest

derp
Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Visceral and Getsome,

Please get off your high horses. If you want my personal opinion you need only ask: I submit that the use of exemptions for ALL non-essential (read: so 2 people can play) uses should be disallowed and coded so as to be stymied a much as possible. I asked my questions as an academic point, and because I suspect that much of this outrage is manufactured especially in light of the fact that many of these supposedly culpable uses are widespread and have a very seriously developed history of used by many parties.

Should the uses be allowed in the future? In my opinion, no. However, should we be out for blood for those who have used them in the past? Of that, I am unsure.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shut up negus
Old 03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I died 4 times in VP today. How many people did I kill?

The only death directly caused by you guys was early on when someone was keeping a huge train at the zone-in (cold wurm broke FD with train on me). Otherwise it was two fail FDs and the time I tried to train racnars on your engage and I don't know what the fuck happened (I FDed but didn't get a fail message and still died - maybe Xygoz broke my FD but I don't think he was close enough yet).

Let's hear an honest estimate of how many deaths can be directly attributed to me! It's at least 25.
only reason you were able to kill people is your cheating cleric rezzing you.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I lived on Washtenaw right off of 23.

Mad props for A2. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

East Lansing is a fucking slum, makes Ypsi look like wonderland.
I was on campus for 2 years and then down south of Stadium on Packard. God I miss the Heidleberg's happy hour. Free wings on Friday? Fucking sign me up.

Also God Bless Ypsi's water tower.
Planar Protector

That's not true!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this old man is annoying

youre on an emulated everquest forum

lets act like a lawyer / priest

derp
only post slippery ever made worth a damn
Old 03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're equating a later use with the initial request. These two are not the same.

Play situations change. A person may have need for an ip exemption at one point with a roommate, then said roommate leaves. Is it then incumbent on the roommate and the original player to ask for their ip exemptions to be removed?

Does the fact that one or both of them have an ip exemption, but live separately mean that it was obtained through "unscrupulous means"? Not at all, it means that their situation changed and the later use of a rightfully obtained exemption may be for less than legitimate purposes and should be handled by server staff appropriately.

What if they want to get together to play again later? Should they have to reapply for a single weekend hangout?

There are people that ask for exemptions that never need them. I do think that the application process should be more stringent and all current ip exemptions should be wiped and require people to reapply.
Im not equating anything. Im merely saying: "The scenario outlined by Zereh does not merit an exemption (1players/2clients.) If anyone is using an exemption like this then it should be taken away. Exemptions are for multiple people playing from the same singular connection. My statement does not go any further than addressing the initial exemption request. Dont put words in my mouth, read/comprehend harder; it's almost as if you two are playing dumb on purpose. Was it that hard to comprehend all this from my original statement? Did it require me to repeat my words in 3 separate ways before you understood?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're equating a later use with the initial request. These two are not the same.

Play situations change. A person may have need for an ip exemption at one point with a roommate, then said roommate leaves. Is it then incumbent on the roommate and the original player to ask for their ip exemptions to be removed?

Does the fact that one or both of them have an ip exemption, but live separately mean that it was obtained through "unscrupulous means"? Not at all, it means that their situation changed and the later use of a rightfully obtained exemption may be for less than legitimate purposes and should be handled by server staff appropriately.

What if they want to get together to play again later? Should they have to reapply for a single weekend hangout?

There are people that ask for exemptions that never need them. I do think that the application process should be more stringent and all current ip exemptions should be wiped and require people to reapply.
he's exploiting an ip exemption. you can argue semantics all you want, but let's call a spade a spade.
Closed Thread