Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-14-2023, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is clearly not worried about the +60 STR difference between Ogres and Iksars. Otherwise they would pick Ogre. OP will not miss the +20 STR worth of starting stats that they put into INT, as they are already missing +60 STR.
The benefit of ogre over iksar is irrelevant as the OP expressed their focus on the Greenmist. Are you seriously suggesting the ogre should faction iksar and do the quest just to bank it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a level 55 ogre warrior in a group today ask for str because he was overweight with coin.
arguably the +20 starting strength wasn't important because your buffs could fix it... BUT not every situation is going to have a strength buffer. Also, how was the ogre geared? perhaps he DID be crazy enough to put starting strenght?!
Also, the need for buffs you describe highlights a big disadvantage of using buffs to offset lack of spending points on starting strength. Those points can't be dispelled or overridden by debuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks can carry weight over the Monk weight limit lol. I was at 100+ stone from coin and loot often on my monk. It is silly to try and argue players can't do this. I didn't have issues with being over the limit.

I have both practical experience and hard evidence to back up my claims, which are within the bounds of OP's question.

Please stop making up goal posts and then telling people they are moving them. It is sad.
Regarding encumbrance, if you were at 100+ on your monk, you would have been over 150+ on an equivalent SK, potentially pushing it in to encumbrance.

You haven't posted any evidence to back up your claim that you wouldn't have done better with 160 str than 140.

Furthermore, your unsupported argument that '140 str squelches any AC xp mobs have, so adding strength wouldn't accomplish anything' actually undermines your demonstration of mr turtle's strength derived dps increase. This happens through two ways - 1) you admit it is possible to cap out the attack/mitigation roll and in these situations any change in dps would be marginal (basically improvements to the max hit / di multiplier). 2) therefore there are situations where attack isn't swamping mitigation and str derived attack improvements will provide more dps. I'll try get back to you in a month or so. If you could be so kind, do remind me.

OP if you are still reading, what other gear are you aiming for? Are you thinking the iksar only Greenmist armour from fear, as this seems to be a themed character, or is the weapon the only part you are interested in?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is simply not true, and a twisted vision of reality. You make things up about other people to troll/discredit them. Unfortunately you are so bad at doing this, nobody believes you. Most of the time people just ignore you lol. I always believe people can get better, so I am still holding out hope that you will stop acting like this one day.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-14-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The benefit of ogre over iksar is irrelevant as the OP expressed their focus on the Greenmist. Are you seriously suggesting the ogre should faction iksar and do the quest just to bank it?!
I said OP understands that he is losing 60 STR by picking Iksar over Ogre. You do not need to read farther into it. I am not sure where you are getting this idea of doing Greenmist and banking it. Nobody suggested that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
arguably the +20 starting strength wasn't important because your buffs could fix it... BUT not every situation is going to have a strength buffer. Also, how was the ogre geared? perhaps he DID be crazy enough to put starting strenght?!
Also, the need for buffs you describe highlights a big disadvantage of using buffs to offset lack of spending points on starting strength. Those points can't be dispelled or overridden by debuffs.
Debuffs are much more dangerous for your other buffs, not STR buffs. Losing haste is a much bigger deal for your DPS. If someone needs a STR buff to run back to a vendor, it is unlikely they are getting dispelled.

Quote:
Regarding encumbrance, if you were at 100+ on your monk, you would have been over 150+ on an equivalent SK, potentially pushing it in to encumbrance.
You can be over encumbrance and not lose your run speed, so that isn't an issue either. Being 20 stone over with 140ish STR is not a big deal.

Quote:
You haven't posted any evidence to back up your claim that you wouldn't have done better with 160 str than 140.
I posted my leveling speeds, which was 1 level an hour. A small DPS increase wouldn't have significantly reduced this number. Is it hard data? No, but people are keen on bringing in their personal experiences. There is no reason why I cannot do the same. I would be happy to be proven wrong if someone can bring more concrete data than personal experience.

The posters who are claiming that +20 STR will give a significant boost to DPS need to provide evidence for their claim. Thus far they have not. I am the only person providing counter evidence against that claim, as well as evidence supporting my claim.

Quote:
Furthermore, your unsupported argument that '140 str squelches any AC xp mobs have, so adding strength wouldn't accomplish anything' actually undermines your demonstration of mr turtle's strength derived dps increase. This happens through two ways - 1) you admit it is possible to cap out the attack/mitigation roll and in these situations any change in dps would be marginal (basically improvements to the max hit / di multiplier). 2) therefore there are situations where attack isn't swamping mitigation and str derived attack improvements will provide more dps. I'll try get back to you in a month or so. If you could be so kind, do remind me.
I didn't say anything about 140 STR squelching AC lol. I said that the DPS increase from +20 STR based on the data thus far is not significant enough for players to notice. Please read more carefully and stop making these wild claims about what other people say. It just causes more confusion.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not sure where you are getting this idea of doing Greenmist and banking it. Nobody suggested that.
Can Autistic People Understand Sarcasm?

People with autism usually have a hard time understanding sarcasm and may take sarcastic speech literally.

This makes it challenging for them to understand when people are joking and teasing.

https://www.crossrivertherapy.com/au...rstand-sarcasm

Old 08-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can Autistic People Understand Sarcasm?

People with autism usually have a hard time understanding sarcasm and may take sarcastic speech literally.

This makes it challenging for them to understand when people are joking and teasing.

In a study with a group of 19 children on the autism spectrum, the children with autism were just as able to detect sarcasm as the children without these disorders.

The autistic children made their choices more quickly, and took on average 3.56 seconds o put the shark in the answer box, compared with 4.34 seconds for the non-autistic individuals.

This study shows that children with autism can sometimes understand sarcastic speech, possibly because the examples of sarcasm that were used in the experiment were simple, and the children didn't ned to explain themselves in words to show their understanding.
You have an unhealthy obsession with autism. Even if I was autistic, it is a bad look for YOU. A 40 year old doctor desperately trying to dunk on autistic people (and still failing) lol. Yikes.

In all of your ramblings, you forgot the core issue: emotions and context are lost in text messages.

I am not a mind reader, and cannot tell if he is being serious or sarcastic via text alone. I cannot see his face, tone of voice, etc. You generally need to make it clear that was your intent, that is why /sarcasm exists, for example.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not a mind reader, and cannot tell if he is being serious or sarcastic via text alone. I cannot see his face, tone of voice, etc. You generally need to make it clear that was your intent, that is why /sarcasm exists, for example.
The sarcasm in his post was so obvious it was practically glowing.

I’m sorry it went over your head but …

Old 08-14-2023, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The sarcasm in his post was so obvious it was practically glowing.

I’m sorry it went over your head but …
Or you misread it, and he wasn't being sarcastic. Both are valid possibilities. Your assumption is irrelevant until Jimjam tells us which one it is. If he was being sarcastic, he did a bad job at showing it via text message.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Or you misread it, and he wasn't being sarcastic. Both are valid possibilities. Your assumption is irrelevant until Jimjam tells us which one it is. If he was being sarcastic, he did a bad job at showing it via text message.

Old 08-14-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

You can tell Troxx has utterly lost the debate when he reverts to posting gifs and trying to find autistic people to dunk on. It is really sad.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Now i’m confused. Were you not being sarcastic or facetious when you brought up +60 strength ogres as a choice in a greenmist thread? Throwing away 60 str in an ambition to have a green mist isn’t the same as swapping 20 str for int/sta. we seem to agree the ogre’s 60 str isn’t an option so not a consideration for green mist. 20 int/str/sta is an option and is literally the crux of the thread.

You may as well have pointed out that yes, sk can greenmist, but op would have torpor with shaman. It is so off topic it comes across as a joke (which I was trying to lean in to, sorry if you weren’t joking about weighting up ogre in the greenmist thread).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung