Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Isn’t it
Old 08-11-2023, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell your age.

California is not a political problem. California is a demographic problem.

Back in 1982 me and six friends rented the top floor of 435 40th st. for 100 bucks each a month, plus utilities.

Google maps it and get on down to that street view! See where Sadre lived when he was younger!

Those savvy to the Bay Area note, that is about 5 blocks from Telegraph, and, [bugle sound] the 40th St. BART station.

A BART Station in the Bay Area = BiS housing.

Today! Not then! We were cheappin it! $600 a month rent! 5 bedrooms in those old huge houses.

The tale of Cali the past 40 years is a population draw/boom that simply will not stop. This almost magnetic pull of the coasts has even swarmed and overwhelmed fucking Seattle!

Back in 1982, if you said you were going to Seattle, the first reaction of everyone was a concerned, "Why?"

SO history, the undiscovered country, has been drowning the entire West Coast in an apparently unrelenting population draw. Add plentiful illegal immigration and you got a hot house.

California is not fucking Utah lol. It's madhouse. Both coasts are these years. I much prefer the Beast Coast baby.

Long Beach CA? Long Beach Long Island NY mutherfucker. Hometown of Billy Crystal. I went to school with Rick fucking Rubin. Same class. Junior high. Fuckin A, right? He woulda been just another of the Jewish kids, given where he lived. Lido Beach.

Those who know, know about Lido beach. There are only two types of people who live in Lido Beach.

---------------------------
Anyhoo. It isn't politics, its massive population growth and the INVENTION OF THE GODDAM PC AND INTRANETS that has eliminated the place this poor loser was kickin it in, Flipper T proudly worn, as I short order cooked at Simon's.

To pay my $100 a month rent. 5 blocks from a BART station.

Is this too complicated to entertain? Cali is all about massive overpopulation of infrastructre/space, and the West Coast does not do "NYC style" life. It does not matter which pparty is in power in Cali. People vastly overestimate what any governmental power can do in a nuclear furnace like the West Coast. And, today, the East Coast too.

You would have to pay me a LOT of money to move back to LI. I mean, a lot.
Rent control incites inelastic housing supply and maximizes prices for extant housing while crippling the creation of new units. Whether you think that's political I don't know.

This ain't your grandpa's suspenders, boyo! They're stacking us in pillboxes out here.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like you've put in some solid work. Respect. And thanks for the clarification on the censoring because for a split second I was like bro did you send us a censored dick pic lol.

This was my latest from a couple weeks ago (although admittedly the type/placement of my bathroom lighting does amplify tone a bit lol). I'm 178 currently so it seems like you might have like 10-15 pounds on me maybe? If we did body weight stuff we could just factor that in for rep totals.

Only caveat I would say as far as exercises involved is I wouldn't do heavy load barbell squat (have a pars defect in my lower back due to a fractured vertebrae I got in a game several years ago, so my L discs are weaker and if I fuck up form on a heavy barbell squat could fuck my back up worse down there) but other than that I'm prob down for whatever.
Reposting since I'm apparently too dense to upload a photo correctly on here for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2356.jpg (18.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 08-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Large Rat

You guys are fuckin’ sad people. Lemme take my shirt off.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reposting since I'm apparently too dense to upload a photo correctly on here for you.
NICE elite level physique!

You did not strike me as an athlete, props. We have more in common than I thought

edit: I've been around 210 for a while, but I'm 6'1
Old 08-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justsellinsomeloot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are fuckin’ sad people. Lemme take my shirt off.
Feel free, but there is a "lose weight" thread where it is more applicable TBH

edit: I planned to post an update there for a while, which would be a "best shape of my life at 40" milestone, but that time has already come and went and I still need to stip some fat and re-comp some stuff. I'd also want to include pics throughout the last 8ish years of athletics
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-11-2023 at 07:05 PM..
Old 08-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NICE elite level physique!

You did not strike me as an athlete, props. We have more in common than I thought

edit: I've been around 210 for a while, but I'm 6'1
Thanks dude. Appreciate it. Miracle what sprints and cardio can do to tone things lol

Also, so it doesn't seem like I'm hiding behind private messages and not owning it publicly, for the record I messaged unsung to apologize to him today for things I've said the past day (or two?) in this thread. It was uncalled for by me.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks dude. Appreciate it. Miracle what sprints and cardio can do to tone things lol
Most likely as soon as your arm healed enough, if you picked a sprint contest with your build and your weight, you would likely decisively win. I hate sprinting TBH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not even as good at distance running as I used to when I weighed 170. This was a recent 5 mile time I did, but back in the day I could do a half marathon (13 mile, at a 7:15ish m/mile pace). I hope to get back to that, but have recently had one leg or another issue come up

But

Even at distance, I am not the fastest here. Homesteaded is arguably as fast or faster if he is still training, and would crush me at any swim

I can def have an ego, but also know when I am beat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2645.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-11-2023, 08:06 PM
Banned

My response when ever I challenge someone and lose

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

My training has been off this summer, been in a bit of a funk. I tweaked my ankle so I haven’t been running, hockey is by far my favorite workout.
Closed Thread