Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone explain to me why drag is so dangerous if you aren't already an evangelical foaming at the mouth about how Trump was robbed like our resident GOPtards? When I was a kid, everyone I knew just thought Mrs. Doubtfire was a hilarious movie.
Mrs. Doubtfire wasn't a drag queen.

When I was a kid it was Bosom Buddies

Again, not drag and used for comedic effect rather than approval and acceptance of drag culture.

I think the issue is that masculinity is increasingly vilified in today's culture while the opposite of masculinity is praised (drag is most certainly the opposite of masculinity). It coincides with a continual declining of testosterone in males. We are losing our "manliness" and ostracizing men that show masculine traits while praising men that show non-masculine traits.

It's not good. Drag is not a cause or an effect but the sudden surge and acceptance of it is. It's been around forever - Philippe I, Duke of Orleans in the late 17th century was a crossdresser - but it wasn't like now where that behavior is praised. It wasn't accepted then but Philippe was the king's brother so he was the exception. Masculinity as defined by the time still ruled.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 03-16-2023 at 02:47 PM..
Old 03-16-2023, 02:49 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rob the Hillary picture is legitimately frightening please cease and desist
C'mon man you know me well enough to understand this has the exact opposite effect you intended
Old 03-16-2023, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

If there are reptilians, hillary is one of them

Jesus what a terrible candidate
Old 03-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am referring to ppl on this forum. That woman is not familiar to me. Just an example of the mentality.
Can something be wrong if the facts don't say so? That's what the meme was for.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mrs. Doubtfire wasn't a drag queen.

When I was a kid it was Bosom Buddies

Again, not drag and used for comedic effect rather than approval and acceptance of drag culture.

I think the issue is that masculinity is increasingly vilified in today's culture while the opposite of masculinity is praised (drag is most certainly the opposite of masculinity). It coincides with a continual declining of testosterone in males. We are losing our "manliness" and ostracizing men that show masculine traits while praising men that show non-masculine traits.

It's not good. Drag is not a cause or an effect but the sudden surge and acceptance of it is. It's been around forever - Philippe I, Duke of Orleans in the late 17th century was a crossdresser - but it wasn't like now where that behavior is praised. It wasn't accepted then but Philippe was the king's brother so he was the exception. Masculinity as defined by the time still ruled.
Sorry, but all I see here is another GOPtard flailing around and desperately looking for another made up culture war issue that's going to resonate with the methheads and trailer trash like the Hillary spirit cooking nonsense did in '16.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it makes sense that all you vaccinated stroke victims read comments and they look like that to your broken mesothelioma crusted eyes.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there are reptilians, hillary is one of them

Jesus what a terrible candidate
Fearing people like her is a reasonable reaction, similar to when they tell marines that fear of gunshots means your brain is working

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can something be wrong if the facts don't say so? That's what the meme was for.
This is too vague for a direct answer. Can you elaborate?
Old 03-16-2023, 03:05 PM
Banned

Pretty sure I just saw MTG at Home Depot. This is what I get for trying to make my lawn look presentable. Fuckin' lawn culture
Old 03-16-2023, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is too vague for a direct answer. Can you elaborate?
Do you ever reason emotionally instead of logically?
Closed Thread