Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Banned

Funny how peoples judges so easily TMO players without even know them!

QQ will change nothing.. If you want to kill something move your fat ass..
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't see what could possibly be fun about getting batphoned at 3am to log in and kill a mob for the 1,000th time, when you know every single possible drop is either going to someone's 7th alt or going to be sold in EC for plat. How useful can plat possibly be when you literally have an endless amount of it and control the market on 90% of high end items?

I guess some guild's sole purpose on killing mobs these days is to cockblock what they would consider "lower" guilds from progressing and closing the gear gap pre-Velious. I could be wrong, but from my very limited time on this server, this seems to be the only logical reasoning.
Pretty darn fun the first time thought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rules on a classic EverQuest server should be classic, and if that drives away the players because they aren't having fun then so be it.
That’s not what this server is supposed to be about.

This project is about giving people the opportunity to experience classic Everquest, and there are many players who didn’t have and still don’t have that opportunity because of the way the raiding is right now.

If this was a commercial game, it could be considered denial of service.

Anyway, the dispute over contested content here has nothing to do with what happened in the classic era. Not only there weren’t as many high level characters, nor there was this much knowledge about the game, but Kunark only lasted 8 months, then Velious came out.

In here, Kunark has been around for 2 and a half years now.

If people want to experience contested classic Everquest in Kunark era as it was back in the day, it already happened a long time ago here in P99 and what’s going on right now IT’S NOT IT and IT’S NOT FUN for anyone.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Banned

"I don't have full VP loot so its not classic or fun"

You people are WoW generationeers and pixel brain washed.

I also know that you fail to realize that except for one or two guilds, DURING KUNARK that raid mobs were very similarly monopolized except on servers where they agreed to rotations. Even still, not a small of the population was wearing full planar sets for their class.

This server has been in Kunark for 2-3 times as long as the initial time line, its top heavy with characters who want to raid.

Back in Planes of Power, people were still doing their epics (hoping they'd catch the mob up too no less), finishing or just getting into plane of fear etc. If you played during this time, and were able to get Trakanon kills etc with your guild, its because the guilds like TMO were busy working on (overtuned / broken in many cases!) PoP progression/farming.

I refuse to believe, because it is literally impossible due to the lack of instancing, that in the span of people figuring out EQ from live to the end of Velious, that your server had everyone getting a chance at every raid mob.

Learn to be happy playing without a Crown of Rile. Seriously.

Edit/PS: People who play 10 times as much as you have more pixels, I wonder how that works. You guys can't seem to figure it out.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit/PS: People who play 10 times as much as you have more pixels, I wonder how that works. You guys can't seem to figure it out.
I like when people say only no-lifes will get up for a 3AM batphone, then in another post complain about not getting a fair chance at lewt. Major disconnect.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Banned

Only no lifes get up at 3am for a batphone.

Posted while sitting at VS spawn for 16 hours.

Just get over the pixels already, Christ.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Kobold

I never ceases to amazing me that people come here, knowing full well what this server is about and then proceed to do nothing but bitch about it. There are dozens of other emu servers around that cater to what you're asking for.

And this is coming from a newer player who likely will never have a shot at joining a top end raiding guild. There is nothing more classic than a single uberguild monopolizing content.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

Gabuk,

Does 1 guild getting almost everything, another guild getting a few things and a few guilds raiding planar set drops sound NOT classic to you?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Aviak

The point I was trying to make is that, in EQ live, 2 and a half years after Kunark, it was well past POP era. By that time, there was nowhere near the dispute there is in P99 for Kunark raid targets.

I can understand people wanting the contested content experience, but those who wanted this already had that opportunity.

But that ship has sailed a long time ago, and what is happening right now, is groups of powerful players blocking others from reliving EQ experience.

Why don’t they just plant AOE casters in all newbie zones, and keep them clean to prevent everyone else from playing the game, so they can have the game and the server for themselves?

Guessing from some people’s arguments, this would also be fair game to them.

If raiding like this was all there was to EQ I would have never played that game and yes, WOW raiding beats EQ classic raiding hands down.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncapatina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing more classic than a single uberguild monopolizing content.
Amen.

they are just blinded by hatred and maybe even of jealousy.

Like I say sometimes in French : Les chiens aboient, la caravane passe.
Closed Thread