Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
luckily every chick here is medical educated or military or otherwise very clearly competent. it's pretty cool actually.

maybe ur posts would resonate more on Redditfacebook ? u seem very interested in the lowest common denominator. we got way more interesting fauna here
However, surveys/polls about policy making especially about subjects that people see as moral or ethical controversies shouldn’t require a college degree to participate in or have an opinion about

The fact that the poll was to a select of people who past exit polls show only 45% (probably less now, this was years ago) of vote Republican is no coincidence. It’s just manipulation of statistics as a propaganda tactic. Like I said poll blue collar workers in Texas and you will likely see a huge swing the other way

Edit: shit wasn’t the question about like 6 week+ abortions? I’m even against those barring extreme circumstances and I’m pro-choice for as close to after conception as possible. Shit, it seems like libs would vote to kill that fetus right up to the point the mom’s fucking water breaks. It’s like you said before, the later the abortion is done, the grosser it gets
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-06-2021 at 09:48 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 09:58 PM
Banned

I mean, I’m trying to be sympathetic to people like Gatordash who clearly seems to have personal experience with knowing women put through the mental trauma of deciding to have an abortion but 6+ fucking weeks?

I’m definitely not the expert on women’s bodies either but periods usually about a month right? Between 21-40 days? And a missed period is a pretty obvious sign of a pregnancy? Unprotected sex is a pretty fucking good sign too but a missed period is another and that’s within 4 weeks

How much is a pregnancy testing kit? Like cheap as shit? What are these poor women doing those additional 2 weeks? “Well I had unprotected sex and figured I could be pregnant but then I figured nah, why get tested, let’s just play it by ear. But then when I missed my next cycle I figured something was probably up but yknow I had mid-terms going on and after that it was the Cabo vacation so I figured ah, I’ll get it tested some time next month”

Granted, I’ll make an exception for women who are basically homeless, who’s focus is just surviving another day themselves. For others I’m sorry my sympathy kind of dries up on the waiting 6 fucking weeks to get tested. I’m expected to rush and get a covid test as soon as my temperature raises 1 degrees and that’s even more hassle than a pregnancy one. Get yo shit together and get it done before 6 weeks

Anyway, come on in and chew me up for that women and Horza
Old 09-06-2021, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

A two week window to get an abortion after missing your period will effectively outlaw all abortions in the state.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A two week window to get an abortion after missing your period will effectively outlaw all abortions in the state.
Planned pregnancy’s own website mentions some clinics do abortions the same day you get a positive pregnancy test

ASSUMING you didn’t just use a morning after pill going to one of those clinics would be my recommendation. Or just make it legal to terminate that parasite whenever’s clever, whenever’s convenient. Don’t bail on Lollapalooza for it, those tix are expensive
Old 09-06-2021, 10:14 PM
Banned

You got a car? You can afford bus fare? You got a parasite that needs terminating. Here you go
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planned pregnancy’s own website mentions some clinics do abortions the same day you get a positive pregnancy test

ASSUMING you didn’t just use a morning after pill going to one of those clinics would be my recommendation. Or just make it legal to terminate that parasite whenever’s clever, whenever’s convenient. Don’t bail on Lollapalooza for it, those tix are expensive
The morning after pill only works about 80% of the time, you fucking incel.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The morning after pill only works about 80% of the time, you fucking incel.
You’re right, only 87% likely to work what a fucking waste of $2

“ the pill within 72 hours after you've had unprotected sex, levonorgestrel can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 87% ”
Old 09-06-2021, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I’m trying to be sympathetic to people like Gatordash who clearly seems to have personal experience with knowing women put through the mental trauma of deciding to have an abortion but 6+ fucking weeks?
I work in healthcare (not reproductive healthcare). Its just amazing to me how uniformed people are on a topic that should actually be taken seriously by knowledgeable people. And I think the politicians and judges who make these decisions are on the same level that you are. I mean they are clearly largely uniformed to come up with the 6 week number.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I work in healthcare (not reproductive healthcare). Its just amazing to me how uniformed people are on a topic that should actually be taken seriously by knowledgeable people. And I think the politicians and judges who make these decisions are on the same level that you are. I mean they are clearly largely uniformed to come up with the 6 week number.
I just showed there’s clinics that do same day abortions. I drove 140 miles in June to buy a car and I consider killing the parasite growing inside you to be a much more important decision than that. There is no limit to how far I personally would go to locate one of those clinics (and greyhound bus exists for affordable long distance travel), had I become committed to that decision
Old 09-06-2021, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I just showed there’s clinics that do same day abortions. I drove 140 miles in June to buy a car and I consider killing the parasite growing inside you to be a much more important decision than that. There is no limit to how far I personally would go to locate one of those clinics (and greyhound bus exists for affordable long distance travel), had I become committed to that decision
I think most Planned Parenthoods or women's clinics aimed at this sort of thing are walk-in based but maybe I'm wrong, so I don't really get the same day rant you just went on.

Anyways, women can bleed while they're pregnant. Some women bleed multiple times when they are pregnant and the baby is still fine. So in your scenario, a woman might think that bleeding is her regular period and think she is not pregnant.

Pee on a stick pregnancy tests are largely accurate but not always. They are like 85% accurate I think? But being wrong 15 out of 100 times is not insignificant. It takes about 5-7 days to start producing gonadtropin levels after fertilization that can be seen on the test. Also, sperm can live like up to a week in a fallopian tube, so we are already at two weeks. Even so, you would need to then get an appointment with an OBGYN to have bloodwork done to confirm if you are pregnant or not. I guess it would depend on your state, but my state your are looking at 4-6 weeks to get that appointment. Anyways you can see that even if you are a woman on top of your shit, you can easily still get pregnant and be unable to get an abortion in Texas, even if its a same day clinic.

So politicians are either largely uniformed, or know what they are doing and know they are basically outlawing abortion.
Closed Thread