Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-07-2023, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. So far, you haven't shown any evidence as to why the Cleric is bringing more than the Shaman in a group of 60s without a Warrior, when OP didn't specify that you cannot have pocket Clerics for reses.
You’re focusing too much on rez. That’s just the cherry on top.

Clerics just synergieze better with enchanters. Better overall spellbook in this situation. Shaman is more geared to niche drawn out solo battles.

It’s not uncommon for people to run multiple clerics too. You could have a cleric in your main group and just have a pocket one parked in case you do wipe.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re focusing too much on rez. That’s just the cherry on top.

Clerics just synergieze better with enchanters. Better overall spellbook in this situation. Shaman is more geared to niche drawn out solo battles.

It’s not uncommon for people to run multiple clerics too. You could have a cleric in your main group and just have a pocket one parked in case you do wipe.
I am not disagreeing with the point that Clerics synergize well with Enchanters.

You could also have a Shaman/Cleric if you want two healers.

If you want to make the claim that Clerics are better for a four man caster/priest group, you need to provide some evidence so we can compare it to a Shaman.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a pretty silly argument to say "you made a mistake in a video game, therefore you know nothing about said video game".
Sure. But it's not the only thing to point at. Speaking as someone who only entered this thread recently, there are a lot of signs that you (and some others) are firmly playing EQ as it's 'intended' to be played. That is to say, like we used to play it in 1999. Back then there were no farm crews, planes were 100% the domain of raiding guilds and definitely not any small unaffiliated groups, and a Ring War was finished maybe once every few months. Your tactics, ideas, and gameplay mirror what someone who never progressed from 1999-era EQ1 would come up with.

You slow, malo, canni/torpor, and dot mobs. No DA earring to save the day, your Magelo doesn't show a FD ring, nothing in your videos even alludes to 'advanced' gameplay using clickies and the like. It's just all very standard, and then when something unexpected like a train happens, you just shrug, chalk it up to 'bad pathing', and wipe.

If people take anything from this thread, it should be this: always try to find a way to solve a sticky situation in EQ1. Usually there's a clicky you could've had, a spell you could've had memmed, or a strategy you could have tried. I guarantee you that you would have made those 2 inexperienced players' day if you DA held like a boss and told them to gate out while you held the line.

Even if all the mobs were firmly locked on 1 of the others, the other one could have gated out and while the end result would have been similar (needed a cleric to rez), you would have been a hero. And that's with minimal effort--just a DA earring clicky and a buff/heal on whoever the mobs were on.

People trash talk your videos because they're just very basic. They could have been made in 1999 if people had the hardware/software. Now a video of a shaman using AE slow combined with a DA earring into idol DA to rip a huge train off of his party, into the party successfully escaping... that would have gotten you some props I bet.

But you can't come up with a plan like that because I think you just don't really care about becoming better or coming up with original ideas. You're the type of guy who spends 10 years optimizing malo slow torpor dot canni-ing mobs down without ever peeking outside of that cramped little box.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure. But it's not the only thing to point at. Speaking as someone who only entered this thread recently, there are a lot of signs that you (and some others) are firmly playing EQ as it's 'intended' to be played. That is to say, like we used to play it in 1999. Back then there were no farm crews, planes were 100% the domain of raiding guilds and definitely not any small unaffiliated groups, and a Ring War was finished maybe once every few months. Your tactics, ideas, and gameplay mirror what someone who never progressed from 1999-era EQ1 would come up with.

You slow, malo, canni/torpor, and dot mobs. No DA earring to save the day, your Magelo doesn't show a FD ring, nothing in your videos even alludes to 'advanced' gameplay using clickies and the like. It's just all very standard, and then when something unexpected like a train happens, you just shrug, chalk it up to 'bad pathing', and wipe.

If people take anything from this thread, it should be this: always try to find a way to solve a sticky situation in EQ1. Usually there's a clicky you could've had, a spell you could've had memmed, or a strategy you could have tried. I guarantee you that you would have made those 2 inexperienced players' day if you DA held like a boss and told them to gate out while you held the line.

Even if all the mobs were firmly locked on 1 of the others, the other one could have gated out and while the end result would have been similar (needed a cleric to rez), you would have been a hero. And that's with minimal effort--just a DA earring clicky and a buff/heal on whoever the mobs were on.

People trash talk your videos because they're just very basic. They could have been made in 1999 if people had the hardware/software. Now a video of a shaman using AE slow combined with a DA earring into idol DA to rip a huge train off of his party, into the party successfully escaping... that would have gotten you some props I bet.

But you can't come up with a plan like that because I think you just don't really care about becoming better or coming up with original ideas. You're the type of guy who spends 10 years optimizing malo slow torpor dot canni-ing mobs down without ever peeking outside of that cramped little box.
I would be happy to see videos of yourself doing all of these super pro things! The difference between me and you is I can provide in-game evidence to back up my points, where you simply criticize others while providing no videos yourself.

Again, making the claim that a player doesn't understand the game simply because they made a mistake is nonsense, which is what you are attempting to do here.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not going to make a video because you can't click your earring, dude. You've gotten lots of good advice from experienced players here, but your answer is always to plug up your ears and demand 'evidence', aka for other people to do the legwork for you.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to make a video because you can't click your earring, dude. You've gotten lots of good advice from experienced players here, but your answer is always to plug up your ears and demand 'evidence', aka for other people to do the legwork for you.
It is always convenient that you can simply say "I don't need evidence for my claims".

I am not sure why you think I am ignoring other people's advise. Maybe you should unplug your ears a bit and listen to other people[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2023, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

It's truly a mystery how Vanquish could have failed with playmakers like you in their ranks. Demanding 'video evidence' of someone clicking a DA earring, like it's never been done. Mindboggling.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's truly a mystery how Vanquish could have failed with playmakers like you in their ranks. Demanding 'video evidence' of someone clicking a DA earring, like it's never been done. Mindboggling.
I am not saying you need to make a video showing how to click a DA earring lol. Nice strawman.

I am saying you should make some videos of yourself showing how pro you are, because your argument simply boils down to "I am better at the game than you, therefore I am right".

Thus far, you can't even prove you are good at the game, so this terrible argument falls flat.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not disagreeing with the point that Clerics synergize well with Enchanters.

You could also have a Shaman/Cleric if you want two healers.

If you want to make the claim that Clerics are better for a four man caster/priest group, you need to provide some evidence so we can compare it to a Shaman.
No evidence needed, it’s an objective truth. Clerics are simply a better class than a shaman. A hybrid in classic eq is essentially settling for inferiority.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No evidence needed, it’s an objective truth. Clerics are simply a better class than a shaman. A hybrid in classic eq is essentially settling for inferiority.
"No evidence needed, it’s an objective truth. Shamans are simply a better class than a Cleric."

Hey look, I can do it too!