Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I guess 2 hours is a bit long.
What if it was a rule like no guild can kill 2/3 consecutive spawns of one mob?

For example TMO kills trak, sits out next one. Fe/IB kills trak next spawn, sits out next one. Now neither FE/IB or TMO can raid the next trak(3rd spawn, 2 since TMO last killed,) he spawns and whoever is capable goes and kills it. That is 3 trakanons, on the 4th TMO would then be eligible to partake...then the 5th FE/IB could go again.

Well after I typed that up it sounded more like a rotation than I originally imagined, but it still seems like a good idea to me.

Repost from other thread....sigh...
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For example TMO kills trak, sits out next one. Fe/IB kills trak next spawn, sits out next one. Now neither FE/IB or TMO can raid the next trak(3rd spawn, 2 since TMO last killed,) he spawns and whoever is capable goes and kills it. That is 3 trakanons, on the 4th TMO would then be eligible to partake...then the 5th FE/IB could go again.

Well after I typed that up it sounded more like a rotation than I originally imagined, but it still seems like a good idea to me.

Problem is this is just a IB/FE, TMO, 3rd guild rotation.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea dude bad idea. You've been white knighting against TMO for a while and that just looks like you're looking to join in the loot bonanza with them.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot create a system that makes lower tier guilds have equal loot rights as upper tier guilds.
It doesn't matter how much time people WANT to put in... this discussion is being brought up on how to fix the raid scene for EVERYONE and not just the 2 top guilds... whatever solution is agreed on should be equal for all guilds that raid and allow for new guilds to be coming up... No one gives a shit if someone wants to put 1000 hours in or 1 hour in, if they show up they should have the same shot as anyone. This agreement needs to address passing of recently killed mobs on to other raiders and not just passing them back and forth between guilds that keep throwing around they are at the top guilds... wtf that really means.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea dude bad idea. You've been white knighting against TMO for a while and that just looks like you're looking to join in the loot bonanza with them.
Troubled you really need to stop trying to bitch slap FE/IB with trying to loot whore. You do understand this raid change will cause FE/IB to lose more loot then gain, yet alot of us are pushing for more mobs to free up. Look at the last week of whokilledit, if FE/IB wanted to be dicks they coulda locked down almost all the kills, so stop being a dick and get back to the point.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troubled you really need to stop trying to bitch slap FE/IB with trying to loot whore. You do understand this raid change will cause FE/IB to lose more loot then gain, yet alot of us are pushing for more mobs to free up. Look at the last week of whokilledit, if FE/IB wanted to be dicks they coulda locked down almost all the kills, so stop being a dick and get back to the point.
I didn't generalize everyone when I was talking to Tassle, so back off. I also think he can construct a better idea than that, and encourage him to do so.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't matter how much time people WANT to put in... this discussion is being brought up on how to fix the raid scene for EVERYONE and not just the 2 top guilds... whatever solution is agreed on should be equal for all guilds that raid and allow for new guilds to be coming up... No one gives a shit if someone wants to put 1000 hours in or 1 hour in, if they show up they should have the same shot as anyone. This agreement needs to address passing of recently killed mobs on to other raiders and not just passing them back and forth between guilds that keep throwing around they are at the top guilds... wtf that really means.

Equitable sharing != Equal Sharing

It is reasonable to expect some ability to meaningfully participate in the endgame as a casual. Say, one repop every few weeks. Or, perhaps 7 days of no raiding from the hardcores.

It is just as reasonable for a dedicated group to expect greater returns from their greater investment.

Whatever scheme is adopted should be equitable. Equal sharing of raid mobs is a bandaid that does not address the core issue, nor does it respect the logic of both sides.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your right, everyone should start at 60 with epics and full planar gear. Seriously EQ was never meant for the log on for 1 hour and kill a raid mob scene. Hey i agree everyone should have a chance to enjoy the end boss mobs, but not to the effect everyone has an equal share. IF thats what you want, join live now and have fun with the instanced raids.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Problem is this is just a IB/FE, TMO, 3rd guild rotation.
Not necessarily because any given week TMO, FE/IB, BDA (3 biggest groups of raiders) will be removed from potentially a lot of mobs. This way encourages guilds to put in some effort, as well as maintains the competition. There will likely be 1 trak spawn out of every 3 that TMO&FE/IB will be exempt from, this makes it a lot more likely for smaller guilds to compete. Lets say next week TMO comes back and kills trak, CT, Inny, sev, tal....the next 2 times each of these mobs spawn TMO would agree (hypothetically) to sit out.

Then lets say FE/IB kill those same 5 mobs next spawn, the rest of the guilds have a week of those spawns without TMO OR FE/IB. I can also see having the top raid guilds sit out a week every month from non VP spawns, but I've seen certain mobs go 14 days (sev on numerous occasions) without spawning thanks to extended variance.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

I wish we could throw full repops into the discussion, but without definite word from the staff that they're going to happen, it's kind of pointless.

Please Rogean, give us regular (not even frequent) full repops. Shit's classic bros.
Closed Thread